Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Why are our fans complete idiots

Two things that would change our home situation:

1.we sell/give the ground to tigers and build a new one

2. Standing in certain areas comes back into the stadium (but the post traumatic stress that certain fans seem to be are suffering from after the peterbourgh game, means no one will step foot into a terrace again!)

Take the situation where every time you made a mistake at work, uni or whatever you do, there would be someone there standing near you shouting "you useless willy puller", "you're shit" etc etc... Hardly the most encouraging thing in the world is it?!

True and I don't agree with the abuse whatsoever.

But some would agree it is his obligation to take that abuse as it would seem to be part of his job and thus something he his paid a hell of a lot of money to manage.

Pissed off fans because they finally realise that the FA Cup means f**k all for us this season incredible naivety on their part should of kept their money and now they realize this, tbf NP wasn't very decisive on this, should of played a weak team full stop or a full strength team.

Over the last few years teams in the running for promotion field very weak teams and make no pretence ie Cardiff v Macclesfield West Ham v Aldershot last year. The crime is not advising what team you are putting out and pretyending you aregoing flat out for a win

True and I don't agree with the abuse whatsoever.

But some would agree it is his obligation to take that abuse as it would seem to be part of his job and thus something he his paid a hell of a lot of money to manage.

And I can understand why people think it is their right to boo and that he should be able to take it. But, at the end of the day, however much money he is paid and however much money people pay to go to a game, they do not have the god given right to call a player every name under the sun and abuse them for every poor thing they do simply because they 'paid to do it'. It is no one's 'right' to treat the players like that. Yes, they should be able to take some stick and be accountable for their poor performances like tonight. At no point should they receive even half the abuse they do. Sadly, some people do go that far and Twitter is one medium where this is a huge problem. If I was a player I'd try to stay as far away from twitter as possible. It has its uses, but the negatives of abuse far outweigh this for the players in my eyes

This is the best comment I have read on this forum ever!! I also refuse to go to home games anymore and before u start bleeting disloyal etc, I went home and away when I lived in Brighton for five years.

The atmosphere at that ground is pitiful, all that it has been replaced with is the continual moaning by supporters.

The worse thing is that it will never get any better, the atmosphere might Improve a tad more in the premiership, but the ground layout will always take it away, the one thing that won't go is that constant whinging and the dregs standing up shouting at the players screaming there head off.

I feel this immeasurably. I used to make travelling to City a priority but it's starting to feel more and more like hard work thanks to some of our fans and the busybodies inside the club. Stewards that feel the need to inject at every possible opportunity and a PR department that think a drum constitutes the necessary work to 'create an atmosphere' and have lobbied hard to sanitise game days - thus we've headed down the spine tingling 'family matchday experience' route.

Those that use the "I've got a right to air my opinion given I've spent [x amount] on tickets" as a reposte to those that criticise booing are utter chumps of the highest order. Just because you can air an opinion, or you have the right to do so - it doesn't make it correct or positive to do so. It's a categorically flawed argument. I've seen some dross (Jarrett, Maybury, Canero, Hammond) - did I boo any of them? Nah.

I bloody love our current side - I go to a fair share of games but don't make it as often as I did (speaking as an ex-ST holder). The appeal of investing so much money on travel, tickets and the like is starting to wear thin nowadays. But when I do go, I have a drink, I have a laugh - if we lose, we lose. It's impossible to completely disregard some of the mutants amongst our support but it's partially achievable.

"he is not wrong is he?" yes, he is totally wrong, a simple apology to the people who turned up and paid for a sub standard effort would of sufficed .It appears you have entered the arrogant mind set of the modern footballer. where the world owes them a very good living without any criticism or being held to account by the poor punter. my tolerance level for a player diminishes with ever snide tweet.

The players more than anyone will know how poor their performance was, the reaction from our fans is unbelievable. Fair enough an apology wouldn't have gone amiss but the shit that the players/ management are getting is uncalled for. Their 3rd in the league, it was an FA cup game, a competition we weren't going to win and can have a negative affect on league form (although unproven) yet here we are getting so worked up over it. I understand where he's coming from, criticism is fair enough after a performance like that but the level it's been taken to, there's no need, he's right, just get behind the team.

Take the situation where every time you made a mistake at work, uni or whatever you do, there would be someone there standing near you shouting "you useless willy puller", "you're shit" etc etc... Hardly the most encouraging thing in the world is it?!

Are you really that nieve? do you really think a player can hear individual quotes from the crowd during a match? as for abuse on twitter. don't go on it or don't read it. its that easy. I could manage it for 20 grand a week,no probs.

Our fans seem to have the mentality of customers as opposed to supporters these days. I've paid my money and I want this service. Where service is winning all the time in style. Then when we do win a load on the bounce it just sets the expectation threshold so high that all they can ever do is fall short.Cue the endless moaning.

WE WANT PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL! FA Cup is worthless, it just means fixture congestion, a tired team and risk of injuries.

Pearson did everything right, our fans are the best but I agree booing a team thats 2nd in the league is riduclous, never seen that at Chelsea or Man Utd.

Bollocks.

Are you really that nieve? do you really think a player can hear individual quotes from the crowd during a match? as for abuse on twitter. don't go on it or don't read it. its that easy. I could manage it for 20 grand a week,no probs.

First of all it's naive... :whistle:

And second of all. No, I don't believe they can hear every individual. But it's a general thing. You can tell the general feeling in the crowd, the boos, the murmurs and the shouts. Yes, they should be able to take it, to an extent, but just because you pay does not give you the right to hurl abuse just because someone has made a mistake! I can understand why people boo but I can't understand why people take such negative attitudes and pick out certain players every week. I'm all for constructive criticism but booing and abuse as mentioned is nowhere near that

First of all it's naive... :whistle:

And second of all. No, I don't believe they can hear every individual. But it's a general thing. You can tell the general feeling in the crowd, the boos, the murmurs and the shouts. Yes, they should be able to take it, to an extent, but just because you pay does not give you the right to hurl abuse just because someone has made a mistake! I can understand why people boo but I can't understand why people take such negative attitudes and pick out certain players every week. I'm all for constructive criticism but booing and abuse as mentioned is nowhere near that

I agree with most of this.

I believe, as I did, boo out of frustration and at the ineptitude of the lino on the side of the main stand. Konch was yelling at him by the end. Frustrating day, five hours in the car and time off work for a sub par performance.

Still go to every game I can. Work & money permitting.

I agree with most of this.

I believe, as I did, boo out of frustration and at the ineptitude of the lino on the side of the main stand. Konch was yelling at him by the end. Frustrating day, five hours in the car and time off work for a sub par performance.

Still go to every game I can. Work & money permitting.

This is how I can understand booing. Big commitments made each week and when a performance is sub-standard it can be very frustrating! I just hate the booing which is directed at one player or another (aka when Gally came on vs Ipswich or sometimes when players come off after a bad performance). I find it to be so demoralising for the players. When we aren't playing well or a player isn't playing well I try to back them even more! I was begging for Vardy to score vs Peterborough, but heard a few others shouting at him, slagging him off constantly. That is the distinction I want to make. Sometimes it is that clear to the players that they're being booed individually, it doesn't take a rocket scientist!

This is how I can understand booing. Big commitments made each week and when a performance is sub-standard it can be very frustrating! I just hate the booing which is directed at one player or another (aka when Gally came on vs Ipswich or sometimes when players come off after a bad performance). I find it to be so demoralising for the players. When we aren't playing well or a player isn't playing well I try to back them even more! I was begging for Vardy to score vs Peterborough, but heard a few others shouting at him, slagging him off constantly. That is the distinction I want to make. Sometimes it is that clear to the players that they're being booed individually, it doesn't take a rocket scientist!

Exactly. I'd never boo a specific player. If they're in a City shirt I will believe in them and they will have my full 100% support. Just some days are a bad day at the office (believe me that I've had a few of those!). Just going to have to chalk it up as a bad day. Let's bring on Chrissy P & Kermit.

Exactly. I'd never boo a specific player. If they're in a City shirt I will believe in them and they will have my full 100% support. Just some days are a bad day at the office (believe me that I've had a few of those!). Just going to have to chalk it up as a bad day. Let's bring on Chrissy P & Kermit.

Oh god no... Had completely forgotten about that man

Oh god no... Had completely forgotten about that man

I wish I had. Still have nightmares of sitting in that pub and nearly crying into a pint. Walking home and waking up to a four hour History final exam knowing that we lost that game and I should have been revising.

I wish I had. Still have nightmares of sitting in that pub and nearly crying into a pint. Walking home and waking up to a four hour History final exam knowing that we lost that game and I should have been revising.

I think I must have sat in shock for a good half an hour at that penalty. Couldn't move, I just didn't know why what had happened did happen. If I'm gonna boo one player though it will be him. All in jest of course, as it is with any opposing player!

Our fans seem to have the mentality of customers as opposed to supporters these days. I've paid my money and I want this service. Where service is winning all the time in style. Then when we do win a load on the bounce it just sets the expectation threshold so high that all they can ever do is fall short.Cue the endless moaning.

Club treat the fans like customers so that's fully expected sadly.

No offence but you can't even take 1 tweet from a player for free, I doubt you'd manage a whole match of slagging off, booing at the end and being slagged off on twitter afterwards

By all reports, a second rate Leicester team, played second rate football. If i had paid my dosh to go see it, i would be disappointed.

I would be too, but there is a difference between dissapointed and booing, carrying demanding the manager be sacked etc.

I generally think some people have no life outside of football, there life and mood evolves around the games result.

Of course they do, the club has treated them as customers and not supporters for the last ten years.

Archived