Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Konchesky

I would do a poll, but it either don't work or I just don't know how to do one, I am not as good as LeicesterPool.

Anyway, he seems to have caused a bit of a fracas tonight, fans sticking up for him on twitter, which on my timeline is getting pretty annoying, while fans if you want to call them that, are slating him tonight, after a poor performance, and a mistake.

What I want to know is...

Should Konchesky...

A)Be first choice left-back for next season, whether we are in the Prem or Championship?

B)Stay at Leicester as back-up next season?

C)Be sold in the summer?

What do you think, and what are the reasons behind your decision?

I would do a poll, but it either don't work or I just don't know how to do one, I am not as good as LeicesterPool.

Anyway, he seems to have caused a bit of a fracas tonight, fans sticking up for him on twitter, which on my timeline is getting pretty annoying, while fans if you want to call them that, are slating him tonight, after a poor performance, and a mistake.

Should Konchesky...

A)Be first choice left-back for next season, whether we are in the Prem or Championship?

C)Be sold in the summer?

A) Hopefully not. He will have another year on him and won't be quite the same player.

B) Yes. His experience would be invaluable and he would be good enough as cover.

C) See B)

For me, its not his place to say things like that publicly, and these people filling up my timeline are people trying too hard t get a RT or comment from him to gain followers, people of which frustrate me and I dislike on twitter, so if you fancy it @steve_hemmings is mine :P:ph34r:

On the Konch issue, its option B for me, his legs are going and in a years time we could be looking at Ritchie Wellens at left back, but his experience & know how could be invaluable so providing he wants to be a number 2 then yes.

If we go up Id get rid, save on wages and get a better, younger left back in. Personally Id like to have seen Schlupp there more often but I have no problems with Konchesky

Save on wages? Have you seen the TV deal next season?! I don't think that Konch's wages will be an issue.

I believe that he's a top left back. So good to be picked by England & Liverpool.

I'd like a left back, maybe Schlupp to learn off him or someone else. I believe that he's got the right mentality and desire and that he does a cracking job too.

Fans ought to think twice before going round twitter and myspace slating players. Computers. Show them some love for crying out loud.

It's not the time to start giving the players stick here, there and everywhere. We're in a promotion fight so show some flipping togetherness.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO AS YOU'RE TOLD.

His comments left me with mixed feelings, I fully agree with him in a way I just don't think it was clever to say it when his appalling defending lead to their winning goal and we turned in the most half-hearted performance I've seen all season. If he'd come out after the 6-1 win and slated the 'fans' who booed Gallagher when he came on I'd have applauded him massively.

As for next year, unsure. If we go up then we'll be needing a new left back I think as he is declining and despite my big defending of him recently, he's not the same player he was.

A player I'd like us to look at is Marcos Alonso from Bolton. Young Spanish left back, I really rate him.

Fans ought to think twice before going round twitter and myspace slating players. Computers. Show them some love for crying out loud.

It's not the time to start giving the players stick here, there and everywhere. We're in a promotion fight so show some flipping togetherness.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO AS YOU'RE TOLD.

They can slate him on MySpace, no player has been on there since 2005.

I like Konchesky as a person, but I've always had a doubt with him at left back. We generally don't have cover either and I have previously marked that left back position as priority in terms of getting a new player in. Bet his wages are decent as well.

Think he's good enough as a player but a bit of a disabled to say what he did on Twitter last night. It was the way he said it, something like "all you just need to chill out" as if to say last night's game wasn't important cos it was only the cup, and they didn't care about it so we shouldn't be arsed either.

After games and fan reactions like that either just stay off Twitter for a night or say something gay and clichéd like "gutted about tonight!! onto the next one though, need your support in promotion race #lcfcgoingup"

His comments left me with mixed feelings, I fully agree with him in a way I just don't think it was clever to say it when his appalling defending lead to their winning goal and we turned in the most half-hearted performance I've seen all season. If he'd come out after the 6-1 win and slated the 'fans' who booed Gallagher when he came on I'd have applauded him massively.

Could not agree more mate, a very silly thing to do that could have alienated the majority because of the minority

PK was right to say it I think. He made a mistake, and James and Schmeichel both really messed up for that goal too. The speed and animosity with which our fans turn on the team after a bad performance is so worrying for me. If we don't go up we, as fans, have to take some of the blame. Any pro will tell you just how much difference the fans make, and if we are going to produce flat atmospheres, boo at every opportunity, or turn on certain players like Vardy, how is the team going to recover from confidence-damaging losses?

I'd wager now if we go a goal down in the next one there'll be trouble, and that will make things ten times worse.

He'll be replaced at the end of season for me regardless of division. Economically, we are paying him way over the odds for a competent left-back and there's not much mileage left in the tank before he becomes less than competent. You could effectively sign a similar quality left-back for a lot less money.

Should Konchesky...

C)Be sold in the summer?

I'm a big admirer of an attacking pacey fullback and Schlupp's performances in that role, but appreciate that Konch has experience that is needed with Keane playing at LCB.

I think Konch be great backup to have, but assuming we've matched Liverpool's wages (or maybe beaten them to attract him to drop down a division) perhaps the resources could be better used elsewhere and he's better off being moved on.

I think his shortcomings are obvious. He's short on pace & as the second half goes on, he gets forward less & less and resorts to longer diagnol balls...

I'd hate to see him against flexible pacey Premiership sides... and if we don't go up... we need either Schlupp or someone who plays similar to how Schlupp did in that role so errrm c) move him on.

Archived