Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Amin

Watch Dogs

ive finished AC4(plat and everything)

just a proper Pirate game :). its an untapped area as far as Im aware.

i loved AC4, congrats on the plat, i lost interest as soon as i completed the story. i always do, does my head in

It's not the new machines. It's the fact that this game is being released cross gen that is the problem.

The sequel will be a big jump forward, just like AC2 was compared to AC.

9 from CVG will do me. Royal Mail hurry up please!

You're missing the point.

It's only a problem releasing cross gen if you do a lazy port. If it's very demanding on PC hardware then it's obviously not restrained on that format by the limits of 360/PS3 as those machines are basically dinosaurs by the standards of current gaming PCs.

There's no 360 port that struggles to run on my machine.

Come on chap! You can't leave everyone in the lurch for 24hrs+.

Haha my mistake. Yes the game is decent. Reminds me infamous but a bit better, so if you enjoyed infamous you'll enjoy this. I've not played an awful lot though. I've recently downloaded Dolphin emulator and have been playign game cube games haha. 

To be fair, I work under the assumption Legend in Blue is about 15/17. At that age I got ridiculously excited about computer games too.

I'm pretty sure he's at least 18.

Besides most hyped up games were actually good when we were around that age. 

Yeah but the games industry hadn't taken off then, it wasn't worth the money it is now. Success is threatening to kill gaming as CEOs clock just how much there is to be made off repackaging the same product repeatedly and just paying for a new promotional campaign every year.

I know quite a few people in and around the industry that are very disillusioned by it all.

Yeah but the games industry hadn't taken off then, it wasn't worth the money it is now. Success is threatening to kill gaming as CEOs clock just how much there is to be made off repackaging the same product repeatedly and just paying for a new promotional campaign every year.

I know quite a few people in and around the industry that are very disillusioned by it all.

I'm aware of that and I totally agree.

Which is why those feeding the beast wind me up lol

Gamer reviews on Metacritic are very, very mixed.

29/49 reviews give it either 8 or 9. There’s a load in between and very few less than 80. There's a couple above 90. (PS4 version.)

So is it worth me trading in a load of games to get this?

Yes. Elements of the game are better than Rockstars GTA games imo.

29/49 reviews give it either 8 or 9. There’s a load in between and very few less than 80. There's a couple above 90. (PS4 version.)

The current average gamer score for the PS4 version is 6, 38 out of more than a hundred reviews are negative.

PS3 and XBOX360 versions are faring even worse - where the XBOX360 edition manages just above a 4, the Playstation ratings are even below that.

However, I know it's still early doors. I'll check back in a couple of days to see where the general consensus is leading me then.

Also, I'm pretty disappointed by the Gamespot review - almost completely omitted any criticism of the game. It felt like really shallow and lacklustre coverage.

on what ive seen so far...id give it a seven. Plenty of time for that to improve, its looks nice but I think its being held back a bit by the older consoles, and the controls I expected to be more fluid like assassins creed. Driving is a bit floaty too but you get used to it.

Gameplay is bang on though. Hacking doesnt make it easy as I thought it might , you need some brains to stealth effectively. Already been flummoxed more than once on side quests. ...of which there are loads. Been playing a few hours only done a couple of main quest missions.

If your looking for a decent game to trade for then you cant go wrong with this.

I second what Beliall says although I'd give it anywhere between 8.5 and 9.

I'll start with the two most common criticisms. Graphically it's a step up from GTAV but it's not quite as good as inFamous. I reckon if you have a 42" screen or bigger then you'll be ok. At night it looks at its best and the lighting, reflections, rain effects etc are as close to inFamous as they can get. Future games have got to start cutting out the old gen though, it's holding titles back. Don't jump on the PC bandwagon either, there's plenty of moans from that fanbase, ultra settings aren't all that great and radeon cards aren't running the game at all well.

The driving element of the game is fine. It requires skill and some thought, not just the button mashing, forgiving driving styles of GTA. There's plenty of vehicle types and hiding in the cars during police patrols is pretty cool. Some of the collison physics are off kilter, but then if you're a skilled driver, it's not an issue.

The online element of the game whereby I was hacked was amusing. Watch out for guys in TV station vans! Scouted him out but he escaped. I think ubi servers are fried though, tried a few times to start a hack on someones game but it wouldnt connect through. Still, there's plenty in there to keep you going. There's like 5 online game types.

There's tonnes of side missions to do. Quite varied. Carjacks, races, camera hacks, system hacks, free running, chess, crime hacks, loads of stuff.

I'm halfway through act 1 of the main missions and they haven't disappointed. The hacking element to the gameplay is a great touch. It's quite difficult to remain fully stealth through these though.

Overall, I'm happy with it and having visited Chicago on my hols, it's nice to be back. :)

I'd wait til the prices come down, personally. 

I hear you Fin dog, out of interest, I don't game a lot and I don't browse this part of the forum a great deal.. What console do you have? And if so PS3 what are the graphics like, I still haven't seen any screenshots for PS3.

The current average gamer score for the PS4 version is 6, 38 out of more than a hundred reviews are negative.

PS3 and XBOX360 versions are faring even worse - where the XBOX360 edition manages just above a 4, the Playstation ratings are even below that.

However, I know it's still early doors. I'll check back in a couple of days to see where the general consensus is leading me then.

Also, I'm pretty disappointed by the Gamespot review - almost completely omitted any criticism of the game. It felt like really shallow and lacklustre coverage.

What you on about? It's got an average of 82 on Metacritic and Gameranking?

Oh right lol

Well that'll just be full of 0's and 10's wont it lol. Not an indication of anything. 

Yup, can never trust them. It's like amazon reviews "I'm giving this 1 out of 5 stars because amazon didn't send it on time" or "5* My grandson says he likes it".

Oh right lol

Well that'll just be full of 0's and 10's wont it lol. Not an indication of anything. 

I've said it before that I take those user reviews with a big pinch of salt for now. As time progresses, so will the user reviews.

Of course, some of those justifications on Metacritic at the moment are overly simplistic and very one-sided.

Car chases/collision model, graphics that don't live up to the standard expected after E3 2012, a story that can't decide whether it's more on the funny or on the serious side and sometimes repetitious and bland missions seem to be the biggest downsides so far.

I'm keen on finding out what you guys think of it.

Archived