Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Amin

Watch Dogs

do you think having PS3/360 versions of the game held the game back in a way then?

yes, in some places it looks very pretty, but background buildings look like a HD polish, and things like rocks have just the one texture. not unlike AC4 in that respect, it too had "PS3" moments. but we should also consider the scale of the project, detailing a large city with driving, and everything else is new ground for the devs, im just surprised they didnt lift the avatar movement form assassins creed.

lol

Ubisoft admits video game stunt which saw bomb squad called ‘didn’t go as planned’

bomb-234x205.png

Ubisoft has apologised for Tuesday’s PR stunt which saw the bomb squad called and staff evacuated from Ninemsn’s offices in Australia Square after a black safe and a â€œsuspicious†letter were delivered.

A spokesperson for the gaming company said the delivery of the safe, which had the wrong pin code attached to it, “didn’t go as plannedâ€, after the company was unable to leave a crucial voicemail for the journalist it was addressed to explaining what was happening.

The statement from Ubisoft read: “As part of a themed promotion for Watch Dogs, our team in Australia sent voicemail messages to some local media alerting them that they’d receive a special package related to the game.

“Unfortunately, the delivery to Ninemsn didn’t go as planned, and we unreservedly apologise to Ninemsn’s staff for the mistake and for any problems caused as a result. We will take additional precautions in the future to ensure this kind of situation doesn’t happen again.â€

However, the company refused to specify whether the stunt was handled internally by Ubisoft, or by an external PR firm.

Yesterday Ninemsn editor Hal Crawford told Mumbrella: “This is definitely the other side of the line in terms of what it’s safe for a PR company to send anonymously to a newsroom. The thing was black, heavy and slightly creepy.â€

The stunt has divided commentators on social media with many applauding the PR stunt as clever and successful, while others have condemned it a PR fail, a waste of police time and “just bloody stupidâ€.

If the driving is rubbish in Driveclub, then that's the time to start asking questions!

For me, I think you can contain the driving difficulties with skill and thought. It's not like GTA where you can get from a to b by pulling the triggers, mashing the buttons, with little to no thought about what you're doing.

The motorbikes are very good though, they're easy to control.

in a shameless bid to get me more views and subscribers to my channel, heres a vid of watchdogs, demonstrating some of the things you can do in watchdogs, made using share factory.

i love ps4 :)

Good stuff Beliall.

Aren't you meant to release the blockers after driving over them yourself? lol. Timing on this is tricky.

Fair play though. Last time I did online hack guy got me with one shot while I was hiding in car. It's much harder being the hacker rather than the one being hacked.

I was the same. The more I played the more I grew to love it though. Its brilliant. All of the interconnected systems and everything working together probably takes a lot of memory. Maybe they ran out amd had to cut corners with reflections and stuff. Need more time with the ps4 architecture to optimise it.

It is a very, very good game. I'm still not out of act 1 of the storyline and have put about 10 hours in so far.

I reckon they need to add in a way of competing against friends online in the varying game types because this is the only thing missing from this element of the game imo. Hopefully comes in a future patch.

The game could have been even better if it hadn't been released for 360/ps3. It's definitely holding the game back. I'd expect the sequel to blow anything clean out the water.

There's quite a few comparison videos out there now. Couple of articles even go so far as saying don't bother with the 360/ps3 versions. It's a shame, the game struggles with those platforms yet could have been even better on the new platforms.

It's trying to satisfy on multiple fronts but just pulls up short imo. It's a pity but ubi are on to a winner with this.

Maybe they were contractually obliged to release on the older consoles. Maybe they wanted more money. Maybe they should have treated the ps3 like a vita and given it a dumbed down version.

Archived