Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Amin

Watch Dogs

So is it any good, Beliall or LIB? :P

I think we can categorically say that we both think that it is bloody brilliant. lol

Anyone tried this Madness mini game yet? Or Spider Tank? Where are they, can't find 'em! This map is massive. Just like our team.

Online hacking today was hilarious. I just love it watching numpties running up and down trying to find me, but to no avail. Check the car windows perhaps? lol One guy ran past 4 times and I still didn't get seen.

Im loving it more and more each minuite I play. Digital trips are in your phone menu, spider tank et al are in there. Just been playing "alone" for a hour. Fantastic. Cant remember the last time I had so much fun in a sand box. Thought these days were over after gta sa.

Did you play GTA V Beliall? That was a brilliant game.

Anyway back on topic, this game is very fun and addictive. I've only done 6 story missions in 8 hours play time because there are so many side missions to do. This is one of those games that you can get a good 60+ hours out of especially if you want to get all the trophies/achievements.

This is definitely a grower. 

The more you unlock the better it gets. The driving becomes immediately better when you use the skill points to improve it

Love the interaction from randomers in the street, if you walk the streets with a gun out they call the cops. The fact if you hit people you lose reputation. 

And then there is the puzzle aspect. If you want the challenge of fighting your way through to something you can, but I prefer scoping a building out, finding out where the cameras lie & sneaking in & out undetected at all by distracting guards & taking them out.

I've found myself doing objectives to improve stats as much as possible, because the game only gets better when you do. Being able to do the spikes in the road has been a game changer.

Anyone got recommendations of skills to make overall gameplay easier? 1st I did was being able to unlock any car. Simple but I imagine anyone playing without it is having more hassle than you need.

Did you play GTA V Beliall? That was a brilliant game.

Anyway back on topic, this game is very fun and addictive. I've only done 6 story missions in 8 hours play time because there are so many side missions to do. This is one of those games that you can get a good 60+ hours out of especially if you want to get all the trophies/achievements.

Yes, I have enjoyed all of them but I play the story. Or a bit of multiplayer. Theres little else that interested me side quest wise.

This is definitely a grower.

The more you unlock the better it gets. The driving becomes immediately better when you use the skill points to improve it

Love the interaction from randomers in the street, if you walk the streets with a gun out they call the cops. The fact if you hit people you lose reputation.

And then there is the puzzle aspect. If you want the challenge of fighting your way through to something you can, but I prefer scoping a building out, finding out where the cameras lie & sneaking in & out undetected at all by distracting guards & taking them out.

I've found myself doing objectives to improve stats as much as possible, because the game only gets better when you do. Being able to do the spikes in the road has been a game changer.

Anyone got recommendations of skills to make overall gameplay easier? 1st I did was being able to unlock any car. Simple but I imagine anyone playing without it is having more hassle than you need.

Off the top of my head, interfere with comms ability is handy for head on take downs at gang hideouts, gas pipes always defeat me in mobile challenges.

i dont really want to compare GTA to this.....just for the fact R* have been in that field a hell of a long time.

Watch_Dogs is a very solid, enjoyable open world game imo.

as for the drinking game....oh dear god....they should be a platinum trophy in themselves. ...lol

i dont really want to compare GTA to this.....just for the fact R* have been in that field a hell of a long time.

Watch_Dogs is a very solid, enjoyable open world game imo.

as for the drinking game....oh dear god....they should be a platinum trophy in themselves. ... lol

Speaking of trophies, I completed Act I about 30 minutes ago but the trophy 'Family Man' didn't pop for it. Hopefully it's down to the  PSN maintenance but it looks like I'm screwed anyway!

Speaking of trophies, I completed Act I about 30 minutes ago but the trophy 'Family Man' didn't pop for it. Hopefully it's down to the  PSN maintenance but it looks like I'm screwed anyway!

PSN is most certainly down. There's a new firmware update coming alongside the ps+ update for June. Two free titles from this month onwards!

I thought I was screwed earlier, was midway through an investigation and someone hacked me, dealt with it, went back and couldn't finish it off. Went to safe house, returned and it had reset. All good.

I think you'll be ok.

Yeah, well over 3 hours of playing/watching my mate play, main missions, side missions, doing random things. Driving is naff, hacking is a gimmick. Just didn't grab me whatsoever. If I don't like a game after 3 hours with it I'm not going to persist with it. This certainly isn't the game that's going to get me to jump on the next gen train.

For some reason everybody hated Far Cry 2 but I really loved it.

The graphics are good now, back in 2008 they were amazing. My 15 year old self spent ages just setting fire to the grass and watching it burn and spread!

Anyway back on topic, Watch Dogs is a fantastic game once you really get into it. There is SO much to do. The online hacking is a laugh too lol

For some reason everybody hated Far Cry 2 but I really loved it

I agree. The online was one of the most enjoyable I ever played on my xbox. I loved the location of single player and driving through the countryside n stuff.

I'm on the wall with Watch dogs. Not sure I want to part with £50 for it.

For some reason everybody hated Far Cry 2 but I really loved it.

The graphics are good now, back in 2008 they were amazing. My 15 year old self spent ages just setting fire to the grass and watching it burn and spread!

Anyway back on topic, Watch Dogs is a fantastic game once you really get into it. There is SO much to do. The online hacking is a laugh too lol

I enjoyed it for what it was, hated 3 though

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Been looking for a new game and noticed that this was only £20 on Amazon so I've ordered it. Was between this or inFamous and opted for this

At 20 quid, you can't really go wrong with either.

Both turn out as pretty standard fare though and both have their equal share of positives/negatives.

I keep coming back to Watchdogs and my recent time has seen me get through to the later stages of act 4. Waypoint City is big enough to keep you busy and combat is easy enough to master. The cover system works well. Typical Ubisoft type game, plenty of everything, not quite enough of what works best.

Driving cars is a skill in itself mind lol

I bought the physical disc version but I have just performed the blackout in the stadium near the start and it's stuck on 39% installing to HDD. I searched on Google and it said that if you download from PSN it gets stuck waiting to download/install but with disc it should be 5 minutes. I've tried turning the PlayStation off and on again but still stuck at that point.

Anyone else have this issue? :( I've just left it sitting there for ages but it hasn't even advanced by 1%

Archived