Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burmesefox

Atmosphere against Blackburn

I thought the vocal support was very poor last night (especially the second half) but one glimmer of hope for the future was the family stand (Yes, the family stand) starting the "We love you" song that actually got picked up by L1 and it was one of the loudest songs of the night. Then the young rascals in the family stated a "Left side-right side" chant with L1. The future of our club is in these kids' hands and I applaud them for getting a couple of songs going - well done lads and keep it up as that put a smile on my face as much as Kingy's goal.

Hopefully we can have some songs with more imagination and wit as opposed to the Melbourne Victory song sheet of the Ben Marshall rowing/oarsmen song and the "terraces of blue" cack.

OWYS!

The left side / right side only worked because Blackburn were the quietest fans we've ever had.

You try that with 3k Leeds fans in the middle and you've no hope.

If it happens again, though, instead of Left and Right, why not do North / South / East whatever stand and try and get the Kop involved too?

Only time I've ever thought that chant was vaguely decent is the video ofMelbourne (I think) doing it the WHOLE way around the ground.

Sounded good to me on the radio.

I think a lot of you just have to accept that its better than you think it is, as has been said before the stands arent the best place to measure the atmosphere and noise levels. You stand on the centre spot next time and you'll notice the difference.

OH - And everyone, instead of making a thread (negative atmospherically in itself) about it after every game, why dont you yourself just sing twice as much and twice as loud at the next match? If we repeat this process with every moaner who thinks we should be Besiktas, eventually we will be louder than Besiktas.

I thought on the whole the noise wasn't great but as I put in another thread, it was far better than a lot this year - the fans were on side it seemed (which really is the least to expect tbh) unlike games like Charlton where they got restless very quickly.

Hope the ground really sings up next Tuesday because although it was an improvement, it'll be a new level of embarrassing with 3k+ Leeds fans there singing for 90 against that.

The left side / right side only worked because Blackburn were the quietest fans we've ever had.

If it happens again, though, instead of Left and Right, why not do North / South / East whatever stand and try and get the Kop involved too?

Good point about the whole ground singing it as that is it's origin (from Highbury). However, I think we sould try it again against Leeds as we need to be as vocal as possible. Hopefully we can sandwich them between two walls of noise!

Its been worse. Thought in parts it was pretty good to be fair. Would love that Melbourne Victory song to get more well known though. From what I could hear, it sounded pretty decent. Shame we dont really do the Ben Marshall chant anymore. That always got the whole crowd joining in. Didnt hear it until after the final whistle last night.

Only time I've ever thought that chant was vaguely decent is the video ofMelbourne (I think) doing it the WHOLE way around the ground.

Brighton do a good version of that between their stand behind the goal and their west stand.

Brighton do a good version of that between their stand behind the goal and their west stand.

North stand if I remember correctly. Heard it enough bloody times so I should really know this one - it's easily the chant I most associate with them.

I thought on the whole the noise wasn't great but as I put in another thread, it was far better than a lot this year - the fans were on side it seemed (which really is the least to expect tbh) unlike games like Charlton where they got restless very quickly.

Hope the ground really sings up next Tuesday because although it was an improvement, it'll be a new level of embarrassing with 3k+ Leeds fans there singing for 90 against that.

leeds will out sing us

With respect it was ridiculously cold and I for one was probably the most under dressed person at the stadium.

Can I make a thread about that? And if not, I'm going to make a thread about how disappointed I am in foxestalk and wellens for not letting me make a thread...bloody wellens ...stupid atmosphere...

With respect it was ridiculously cold and I for one was probably the most under dressed person at the stadium.

Can I make a thread about that? And if not, I'm going to make a thread about how disappointed I am in foxestalk and wellens for not letting me make a thread...bloody wellens ...stupid atmosphere...

:/ Just no.

Archived