Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Leeds (H) Player Ratings

Kasper 10. Just for the fact he got us the goal- created havoc in their box which allowed Keane to score. Wish all the players cared like he does

De Laet 6. Steady, tried to get forward

Morgan 7.5. True leader

Keane 8. My MOTM- Dealt exceptionally well with interchanging Leeds front 3 and got the goal

Konchesky 7. Had a good first half, shame he went off

King 6. Quiet but did his job, moved the ball on

Drinkwater 7. Did well particularly second half. Drove the team on

Wood 5.5. Average

Nugent 5. Didn't seem fit to me. Struggled to get into the game at all

Kane 6. Very good first 30 nins, faded after that

Knockeart 4. Fed up with him at the moment- on a poor run. Didn't track back in the Leeds attack which led to the corner from which they scored

Dyer 6. Thought he did ok considering! Prefer to see him fill in at LB over Whitbread.

Three strikers in the same team doesn't work. Just play 2.

Kasper - 7 - He's a nutter upfront

RDL - 5

Morgan - 7

Keane - 7

Konch - 5? Only one half though

Knocky - 5

King - 4

Drinkwater - 5

Kane - 4

Wood - 5

Nugent - 5

Dyer - Can't give him a fixed rating. Wasn't that good, but did well in the circumstances

Marshall - 4

Waghorn - 6

Kasper 7 - Passion and saves kept us in the game

De Laet 6 - Reasonable performance, defensively and attacking

Morgan 7 - So important tonight, his strength helped a lot

Keane 8 - Very impressed, one of the best defensive displays I've seen all season

Konchesky 6 - Was alright, but then had to be taken off at half time of course

Knockaert 4 - Pants, when he doesn't perform, we have no creative source

King 5 - Mopped up well defensively in parts, but was really quiet and ineffective

Drinkwater 4 - Poor, passing was shocking

Kane 5 - Decent first half, found space well, then played incredibly shit in the second

Wood 5 - Very very sluggish and poor

Nugent 5 - Reasonable down the channels, apart from that poor

Subs

Dyer -1 - Just out of his depth in that position, was all over the place

Marshall 4 - Did nothing much at all

Waghorn 6 - Wasn't on long, but offered much more than the other strikers, good assist

MOTM - Michael Keane

As someone that has travelled a long, long way to witness that, my distinctly overwhelming reaction is "meh."

Nuge and Wood available should equate to Kane being benched. He offers something but Nuge and Wood were working reasonably effectively together. Knockaert may well be a talent but he needs to buck his ideas up and fast, his workrate vanished this evening.

Kasper 8 - Made some good saves and his presence in the box at the end unsettled Leeds.

RDL 7 - Steady. He's been very consistent in the past few months.

Konch 6 - A good solid half.

Morgan 7 - Such an inspiration. Best defender in the league.

Keane 8 - Rescued a point but defended fantastically. The boy is going all the way to the top.

Kane 7 - had a brilliant first half but faded in the second.

Knockaert 5 - looks really tired. Maybe in need of a "rest". People forget he's still very young.

Drinkwater 5 - Didn't notice him much.

King 6 - made some tidy forward runs and a telling defensive contribution.

Nuge 5 - Offered little.

Wood 5 - one deflected shot that went close otherwise ineffective.

Schmeichel 9

De Laet 8

Morgan 8

Keane 8

Konchesky 7

Knockaert 6

King 6

Drinkwater 7

Nugent 7

Wood 6

Kane 5

Dyer 4

Marshall 6

Waghorn 7

PS. Why the frig does everybody under-rate De Laet? Do people not see him or something? He does so much for the team! He's been pretty much our best attacking threat too for the past four or five games!

Kasper 8 - Made some good saves and his presence in the box at the end unsettled Leeds.

RDL 7 - Steady. He's been very consistent in the past few months.

Konch 6 - A good solid half.

Morgan 7 - Such an inspiration. Best defender in the league.

Keane 8 - Rescued a point but defended fantastically. The boy is going all the way to the top.

Kane 7 - had a brilliant first half but faded in the second.

Knockaert 5 - looks really tired. Maybe in need of a "rest". People forget he's still very young.

Drinkwater 5 - Didn't notice him much.

King 6 - made some tidy forward runs and a telling defensive contribution.

Nuge 5 - Offered little.

Wood 5 - one deflected shot that went close otherwise ineffective.

Christ on a bike!

7 for Kane!

Admitted, his first half was ok, second half he was utter, utter pants!

And didn't seem at all bothered..

3 at best...and that's being generous.

Keane comes from Man Utd, Kane from Spurs.. Both Premiership clubs riding high at present. For me, there is a mile between these two players...

Keane comes from Man Utd, Kane from Spurs.. Both Premiership clubs riding high at present. For me, there is a mile between these two players...

I don't think we've seen nearly enough of Kane to form a conclusive judgement on that front.

Kasper 8 - Some great saves and loved when he went up for the 2 corners at the end. The guy has so much passion!

RDL 7 - Great going forward, couple of dodgy moments defensively but played well overall.

Big Wes 7.5 - The guy is a rock. Kept their strikers quiet for most of the game.

Keane 8 - Getting better every time I watch him and he made my trip to the KP worthwhile with the equaliser.

Konch 7 - Played exceptionally well til he had to come off.

Kane 5.5 - Did well first half surprisingly on the right wing. Not impressed with his finishing and he wasn't great second half.

Kingy 7 - Some good runs going forward and did his usual defensive duties.

Drinkwater 6 - This guy frustrates the hell out of me. One minute he's making a fantastic bursting run, the next he can't pass the ball 2 yards. For a central midfielder he's very sloppy in possession.

Knocky 5 - Feel like he's wasted on the left. Bert makes a good point in that he's still very young. He has a lot to learn.

Wood 6 - Average. Some good stuff some bad stuff. Unlucky not to score when Kane got in the way of his shot.

Nuge 6.5 - Worked very hard for the team, some great runs into the channels and some neat footwork when holding up the ball. Made a few sloppy errors but overall thought he did okay.

Lloyd 5.5 - Didn't look comfortable at left back and felt with Kane ahead of him he didn't have much freedom to get forward.

Marshall 6 - Pearson chopped and changed his position when he was on the pitch, so never really got going in his short appearance but gave it his all.

Waggy - Not on for long, but I still maintain he is probably the best set piece taker in the squad (particularly with corners).

Christ on a bike!

7 for Kane!

Admitted, his first half was ok, second half he was utter, utter pants!

And didn't seem at all bothered..

3 at best...and that's being generous.

Maybe a bit high actually. Was easily our standout player in the first half.

Schmeichel 7 Some good reaction saves, generally solid & a fine disruptive attacking cameo

De Laet 7 Important contribution, especially going forward

Morgan 7 Coped fine, as ever, with a physical threat

Keane 7.5 Looking more confident after a run of starts - MoM for that goal...could yet be a big moment, psychologically

Konch 6 OK before injury, but looks slower every game - last season in 1st team, please

Drinky 6 Some decent stuff, some misplaced passes

King 7 Good anticipation, movement & passing

Knocky 4 Bad run - needs a rest on Saturday; poor anticipation, acceleration & execution

Kane 4.5 Tried hard 1st half but too many wrong decisions; little boy lost 2nd half

Nugent 4.5 Good flicks/effort, little else; maybe not fully fit yet

Wood 5 Good effort, poor anticipation

Dyer 4 Not his fault; he's not a left-back & it was obvious at times; did his best

Waghorn 7 Actually looked quite sharp

Marshall 6 Decent effort/contribution

NP 4.5 Didn't cover himself with glory tonight. It's not hard to anticipate what a Warnock team will be like - committed, closing down space, challenges, constant petty fouls & gamesmanship...yet we didn't seem prepared for it. Maybe partly to do with having a young team, many not used to more earthy (even cynical) football...but did NP pick the right team? They didn't move the ball crisply enough. Too many misplaced or uninspired passes. Didn't move Leeds around enough. A shame that James is still injured as that might have been a good game for 3 central midfielders (King/James/Drinky). Maybe he should have started Dyer and Wellens instead of Knocky and Kane? Easy to be smart (or talk crap) after the event, though....

Leeds 6 A very limited side, but did what they do well...hardly had a sniff, though, apart from long-shots

Ref 3 That decision to blow for half-time when we had a corner, for a start, with zero injury time...what a self-regarding prima donna to do that! Constantly missed petty fouling. Didn't see 2nd penalty incident near end, but Schmeichel was definitely hauled to the ground, not just a minor tug...

Kasper 7 - Passion and saves kept us in the game

De Laet 6 - Reasonable performance, defensively and attacking

Morgan 7 - So important tonight, his strength helped a lot

Keane 8 - Very impressed, one of the best defensive displays I've seen all season (IF this kid dont eventually replace Ferdinand at Utd & England Id be very surprised)

Konchesky 6 - Was alright, but then had to be taken off at half time of course

Knockaert 4 - Pants, when he doesn't perform, we have no creative source :ph34r:

King 5 - Mopped up well defensively in parts, but was really quiet and ineffective

Drinkwater 4 - Poor, passing was shocking

Kane 5 - Decent first half, found space well, then played incredibly shit in the second

Wood 5 - Very very sluggish and poor (good chest control though)

Nugent 5 - Reasonable down the channels, apart from that poor

Subs

Dyer -1 - Just out of his depth in that position, was all over the place (Dyer has no right foot, Schlup back for LB?)

Marshall 4 - Did nothing much at all

Waghorn 6 - Wasn't on long, but offered much more than the other strikers, good assist

MOTM - Michael Keane

AGREE totally except Kasper 8 , Keane 9 :thumbup:

Kasper 8 - Some great saves and loved when he went up for the 2 corners at the end. The guy has so much passion!

RDL 7 - Great going forward, couple of dodgy moments defensively but played well overall.

Big Wes 7.5 - The guy is a rock. Kept their strikers quiet for most of the game.

Keane 8 - Getting better every time I watch him and he made my trip to the KP worthwhile with the equaliser.

Konch 7 - Played exceptionally well til he had to come off.

Kane 5.5 - Did well first half surprisingly on the right wing. Not impressed with his finishing and he wasn't great second half.

Kingy 7 - Some good runs going forward and did his usual defensive duties.

Drinkwater 6 - This guy frustrates the hell out of me. One minute he's making a fantastic bursting run, the next he can't pass the ball 2 yards. For a central midfielder he's very sloppy in possession.

Knocky 5 - Feel like he's wasted on the left. Bert makes a good point in that he's still very young. He has a lot to learn.

Wood 6 - Average. Some good stuff some bad stuff. Unlucky not to score when Kane got in the way of his shot.

Nuge 6.5 - Worked very hard for the team, some great runs into the channels and some neat footwork when holding up the ball. Made a few sloppy errors but overall thought he did okay.

Lloyd 5.5 - Didn't look comfortable at left back and felt with Kane ahead of him he didn't have much freedom to get forward.

Marshall 6 - Pearson chopped and changed his position when he was on the pitch, so never really got going in his short appearance but gave it his all.

Waggy - Not on for long, but I still maintain he is probably the best set piece taker in the squad (particularly with corners).

Your joking?

Your joking?

Who would you say is the best set piece taker then? Free kicks are debatable but Waggy has got 2 assists in 3 games from corners. We always look like we're going to score when he takes them.

PS. Why the frig does everybody under-rate De Laet? Do people not see him or something? He does so much for the team! He's been pretty much our best attacking threat too for the past four or five games!

I usually rate him but last night his passing was woeful.. Made quite a few poor errors and decisions as did 70% of the team...

One thong that really bugs me is any player that shys away from a tackle and too many are guilty of that at the minute

Who would you say is the best set piece taker then? Free kicks are debatable but Waggy has got 2 assists in 3 games from corners. We always look like we're going to score when he takes them.

I'd say they're all as crap as each other. Gallagher on his day.

Archived