Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Ben Marshall to WBA?

How naive do you have to be to think he's going to make a decision based on one match?

Come on FT, they'll have done their research and they'll have scouted him countless times before even making an appearance like this.

Worrying but if we make a push in these next few weeks then he'll have no reason to leave! So get behind him and all the other players and let's ****ing smash this god forsaken league and get out of it once and for all.

Not sure if its all down to Marshall himself...against Leeds he put in a fantastic cross for us to score, however, we are reveling in his ability to fill in at right back...the guy might be confused with his role in the team...Do you think Steve Clarke wants to sign him because he can fill in at right back?

I feel he needs to be let loose behind a front 2...so does Knockaert

err... what?

So someone who has played as a winger all his career is asked to play as a wing-back and suddenly he is confused?

He needs to give up professional football if thats the case.... which it isnt.

I don't like to see talented wingers/attacking players restricted in a formation which dilutes their talent...bit harsh with the idiot comment

Mate, you should know by now that you can't criticise the manager on here!!! That sort of opinion is frowned upon by the high and mighty!

Marshall himself has said that pearson is making do more defensive duties this season and that is why he feels his form and goalscoring is not as good this year.

Said it on radio leicester after the blackburn game. So i'd question pearson. Or is that just not allowed.

Maybe if steve clarke doesnt need him to defend as much we would see the player we had last year and he could play in the top flight.

4-4-2 dilutes a wingers game?

Wowsa.

It's a shame that both Marshall & Knockaert are seen purely as wingers. Just there to provide

crosses for the strikers and to cover the full backs. Some of there best moments have been taking on

defences in the middle of the park and scoring in a free role behind the strikers.

Ben Marshall is a good player.. he has showed he can perform at a high standard.. Unfortunately we have a manager that cannot keep this high standard consistent...same goes for Knockaert and Wood...all decent players when they first came , but all seem to decline in level of performance..we need to question Pearson. Not question why Steve Clarke is interested !

Chris '7 goals in 9 starts' Wood?

Jesus our fans don't expect a lot do they. :rolleyes:

I've given 3 examples where performance levels have declined. Why not question the managers input???

Mate you obviously haven't sussed out how it works on here-Pearson is a god and you have no right to question his ability or input in any way, i've had my ears burnt several times by the brown nosers. I think they're deluded types who think Pearson reads this forum looking for the latest city fans who want to climb inside his arse!

Mate you obviously haven't sussed out how it works on here-Pearson is a god and you have no right to question his ability or input in any way, i've had my ears burnt several times by the brown nosers. I think they're deluded types who think Pearson reads this forum looking for the latest city fans who want to climb inside his arse!

Stupid comment. Pearson has his faults, as the majority can see. Can you name me another manager that has NO limitations? Highly doubt it. I'd question why Marshall has had emphasis on the defensive side of his game, as he said in his interview. But Pearson will want to mould his team to be able to defend from the front, and attack from the back so we're working as a unit, not just 11 highly paid individuals who can't string 5 passes together.

Marshall has suffered with the arrival of Knockaert - he's no longer billy big bollocks scoring from 40 yards. However, as we saw against Blackburn, he can be deadly with his crossing.

I think Marshalls recent form is more a mentality issue, however I don't think he has been as poor as people make out - he's just not scoring worldies.

Pearson is not the reason for Marshall form, only Marshall can improve HIS game whilst on the pitch.

Last year... "The defence gets no support that's why we're conceding loads of goals, Pearson needs to sort it out."

This year "The midfield is supporting the defence more so Marshall can't score a few 30 yarders to mask the flaws in his game, sort it out Pearson".

Ben Marshall is a good player.. he has showed he can perform at a high standard.. Unfortunately we have a manager that cannot keep this high standard consistent...same goes for Knockaert and Wood...all decent players when they first came , but all seem to decline in level of performance..we need to question Pearson. Not question why Steve Clarke is interested !

Spot on. And if you want confirmation of this you only have to look at why Man united want Schlup who could not even get a first team place with us.

Flash in the pan. Wood hasn't impressed much since his early success has he ?

He's got 2 goals in 6 league games (1 in 3). Or if you want to include cup (JB Bummers) it's 3 in 7 (1 in 2.33).

Now, I don't know about you but I wasn't really expecting him to keep up a scoring ratio of 2 goals every game having only just turned 21.

The problem is there are certain types on here who want to pin EVERYTHING on him, and take in to account no other factors whatsoever. If you want to you can heap it all on the manager, it's really easy to do so.

Flash in the pan. Wood hasn't impressed much since his early success has he ?

Wood is not the type who will take on players and score. His 'dip', if you want to call it that, is as more down to an under performing midfield. He was brought in to finish off chances, problem is hat we are no longer creating them for him.

Wood is not the type who will take on players and score. His 'dip', if you want to call it that, is as more down to an under performing midfield. He was brought in to finish off chances, problem is hat we are no longer creating them for him.

Ok fair enough good point . :thumbup:

He's got 2 goals in 6 league games (1 in 3). Or if you want to include cup (JB Bummers) it's 3 in 7 (1 in 2.33).

Now, I don't know about you but I wasn't really expecting him to keep up a scoring ratio of 2 goals every game having only just turned 21.

The problem is there are certain types on here who want to pin EVERYTHING on him, and take in to account no other factors whatsoever. If you want to you can heap it all on the manager, it's really easy to do so.

That's the way it goes Babs the buck stops with the manager, we are no different than any other club in that respects.

Marshall isn't far off being good enough to get in their side. James Morrison starts every game for them and is similar in terms of attributes to Marshall, and i wouldn't have said Morrison stood out for them at Championship level. As Clarke anyway, i would rather have Marshall to develop and play occasionally than an ageing Graham Dorrans playing out wide.

They've got such a small squad and in terms of one for the future Marshall would be a good signing. I'd imagine he'd be available for 1.5/2million as well.

Last year... "The defence gets no support that's why we're conceding loads of goals, Pearson needs to sort it out."

This year "The midfield is supporting the defence more so Marshall can't score a few 30 yarders to mask the flaws in his game, sort it out Pearson".

Getting a wide midfielder to track back?

It's part of his job... Different style of wide midfielder to Marshall, but look at how Giggs grew & evolved a couple of years after he broke though.

Is there a wide midfielder in the land who doesn't have to track back, of course Marshall has been working on it.

What he also needs to work on is using his crossing ability consistently, particularly when the likes of Wood & Kane are up front. And that's something we've seen recently too

In all, despite not taking pot shots from 35 yards this season, he's developing into a much better player - consistency will come as he continues to play & develops.

Like I said earlier in the thread, we need to keep hold of the likes of Marshall, Drinkwater, Knockaert, RDL, Wood & even James although he's not figured as much because as these players grow as players we want them to benefit us with the peaks of their careers and not someone else.

This is surely NPs plan, just hope our past extravagances don't force us to cash-in when we need to add to this growing nucleus, not break it up.

err We'll have no hypocracy pointed out on here please..... There will be mojo's dissapearing all over the city at this rate...

Archived