Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Andy king awesome for wales last night

Just to be clear, you're completely forgetting all the times he's been utter dog turd for Wales and the times he's played well for us under Pearson whilst coming to the conclusion he doesn't know how to play him.

So what ? Scotland are pisspoor, and it's hardly surprising that he plays better when in the company of better players.

He's had plenty of chances at Leicester. He was a good player at League One level, and a decent player at Championship level. But no better than that.

He can pass, score goals and does read the game well. But he can't (or won't) tackle, never wins the ball in the air unless he is completely unmarked, and can't attack with pace or run at a defence (just like Drinkwater).

To praise him when he plays well, only to blame the management/other players/formation when he is indifferent or poor is just pure dogmatism.

lol lets not go overboard.

He was good but he got a bit of the second half, came in to a side that was well on top, against a woeful Scotland, with some very good players around him.

I do think he plays with more freedom for us though and did under both Toshack and Speed as well as Coleman. Against Switzerland for the Euros he was taking the ball on, attacking people, etc.

Toshack tried him as a winger though and he was shit.

Just to be clear, you're completely forgetting all the times he's been utter dog turd for Wales and the times he's played well for us under Pearson whilst coming to the conclusion he doesn't know how to play him.

It's not just King that we're not getting the best from, Wood is struggling, Knockaert is being played out of position.

Maybe he'd be better next to James, but I can't see Drinkwater being dropped.

He's never been turd for us he just rarely plays. Well behind Ramsey, Collison, Joe Allen, Joe Ledley, even Jon Williams.

Scotland's starting line up:

1 Allan McGregor

2 Alan Hutton

3 Charlie Mulgrew

4 Grant Hanley

5 Gary Caldwel

6 Graham Dorrans

7 Robert Snodgrass

8 James McArthur

11 Chris Burke

9 Steven Fletcher

10 Shaun Maloney

All PL or Championship players. Actually a little above the sort of standard he's playing against every week. You can't really use the argument that he looked good because he was playing against a poor team, Scotland are pretty bad compared to other international teams but really you've got to compare them to domestic clubs.

Excellent point.

I think pretty much any Leicester fan would snap your hand off if you offered Snodgrass or Dorrans in midfield.

Wasn't Dorrans off before King came on? Snoddy got sent off after King came on, too, hence the penalty. Even before he went off he was stuck inside Joe Ledley's back pocket.

Scotland made us look like Barcelona and were basically a man light in midfield by the time King came good.

Like I said, he had a tidy game but lets not blow it out of proportion. His assist aside (a very good cross) he was the least impressive of our midfield.

He's never been turd for us he just rarely plays. Well behind Ramsey, Collison, Joe Allen, Joe Ledley, even Jon Williams.

I have watched Wales with him playing quite a number of time and yes in my opinion, he really was turd.

I gave up on King a long time ago .

There is much more to being a midfielder than "doing a lot of unsung work" ,which seems the bog standard phrase of people trying to defend his apathetic displays.The times my friends and i walk away from games asking ourselves "what exactly did King do to influence the game ".

I know that in both cup matches against H/field ,Adam Clayton completely played him off the pitch (now he's one i would have in my team),purely by being more aggressive and mobile .

I still maintain, that in the games that we have looked a much better side ,playing more high tempo football,are the ones that King has not been in the side !

I'm not scapegoating King,as there have been other players who have just simply not been good enough for the majority of the season as Marshall & Dyer have been particularly disappointing imo !

Scotland's starting line up:

1 Allan McGregor

2 Alan Hutton

3 Charlie Mulgrew

4 Grant Hanley

5 Gary Caldwel

6 Graham Dorrans

7 Robert Snodgrass

8 James McArthur

11 Chris Burke

9 Steven Fletcher

10 Shaun Maloney

All PL or Championship players. Actually a little above the sort of standard he's playing against every week. You can't really use the argument that he looked good because he was playing against a poor team, Scotland are pretty bad compared to other international teams but really you've got to compare them to domestic clubs.

Yes you can. A team is not the sum of its parts. The fact that the Scottish team includes some PL players does not make them necessarily better than Championship clubs who train and play together regularly. The disappointing performances of the English national team over the last few years have demonstrated that:

1) Having good PL players in your team doesn't necessarily mean you have a good team.

2) In any case, PL players may not be as good as we like to think (which still militates against your argument)

Yes you can. A team is not the sum of its parts. The fact that the Scottish team includes some PL players does not make them necessarily better than Championship clubs who train and play together regularly. The disappointing performances of the English national team over the last few years have demonstrated that:

1) Having good PL players in your team doesn't necessarily mean you have a good team.

2) In any case, PL players may not be as good as we like to think (which still militates against your argument)

You're telling me Scotland are worse than the average Championship team? I don't accept that at all. I agree with you to an extent but I think suggesting that Scotland aren't as good as the opposition King plays against every week is going too far.

I have watched Wales with him playing quite a number of time and yes in my opinion, he really was turd.

Clearly you don't watch Wales too regularly (I don't blame you) or else you'd consider most of King's performances for country not poor but in fact par for the standard of his peers. :D

In all seriousness though I've never watched him play for us and thought he stood out either as a weak link or a strong one and it's reasonable to assume I've seen near as makes no difference all of his caps.

You're telling me Scotland are worse than the average Championship team? I don't accept that at all. I agree with you to an extent but I think suggesting that Scotland aren't as good as the opposition King plays against every week is going too far.

Against us, the other night, yes. On paper, player for player, of course not but then that's not really the point he's trying to make. I agree that you can have a few tidy players in your squad and still put out a shite side, keep in mind the point he's making about organisation and player familiarity.

Scotland were playing only their second (I think?) game under Strachan and their first one competitively. There were clueless and absolutely awful. In the first half we had staggeringly high possession having literally just passed them off the park a la Spain. Obviously, we're not Spain and we failed to really break them down but you couldn't credit their defence or their midfield for that we just lack an actual focal point to our attack and Bale was a little off colour.

Ramsey, Bellamy and Bale are good players but they weren't having to pull out the stops, the Sweaty Socks were just awful.

As I said, by the time King came on, Scotland had already had their backs up against the wall like that for about an hour or so of football, Ramsey was in full flow (a MOTD performance if you sans his red) Dorrans had either gone off or was about to, Snodgrass was about to be sent off and Coleman's tiki taka marched on. King did created the winner and did have a reasonable game but - for the last time - it's not quite worth the bells and whistles and it's not really an insult to him to point out it wasn't against much of an opposition.

I'm going to the Croatia match tonight, taking my mum, son and me. My other son knows someone in the Swansea team - won't mention who - he gave him five tickets for tonight.

Looking forward to seeing Andy King play.

I'm going to the Croatia match tonight, taking my mum, son and me. My other son knows someone in the Swansea team - won't mention who - he gave him five tickets for tonight.

Looking forward to seeing Andy King play.

He's got a good chance of starting as Collison has pulled out and Ramsey is suspended.

Thinking it'll be:

Bellers,

HRK, Jon Williams, Bale,

Ledley, King (yes, I know)

Davies, A Williams, Ricketts / Collins, Gunter.

He's got a good chance of starting as Collison has pulled out and Ramsey is suspended.

Thinking it'll be:

Bellers,

HRK, Jon Williams, Bale,

Ledley, King (yes, I know)

Davies, A Williams, Ricketts / Collins, Gunter.

hope he has a good game then, or "awesome" as the op puts it lol

Archived