Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Meadsey1975

Pressure of being a leicester city manager today

Its going to be a top top manager that can handle the pressure of being our manager. Right from word go everyone expects miracles.

Personally I think this season has gone. From brighton onwards we are now building for next term. We need someone who can handle the pressure of having to be top 6 all season because as soon as we arent the axe will be wielded.

Fast becoming the laughing stock of the championship

We were that when Sven spunked all that money on Premier League loan players who faded at the end of the season, then followed that up by spending even more on a Championship 'dream team' rag tag collection of players who couldn't play together whilst costing more money every week than just about the rest of the division added together.

The job is as impossible as the England job.

Could the Thais help the situation by talking more about long term... about being sustainable & being a club that actually exists in a few years rather than one racking up record losses on top of record losses.

Perhaps they could have taken a leaf out of Martin George's book who talked about a 3 year plan, many owners do... It doesn't mean they don't want/expect promotion in the first full season, but it does manage fan's expectations... and it does lift some pressure where some players may be a bit more comfortable to play their natural game rather than feeling under so much pressure they just want to boot it.

Expectations change... We were second, and people would have changed their expectation. Now we are 7th (one point off the play offs in early April, which I would have took prior to the season starting anyway) it is regarded as a disaster by some fans.

Its going to be a top top manager that can handle the pressure of being our manager. Right from word go everyone expects miracles.

Personally I think this season has gone. From brighton onwards we are now building for next term. We need someone who can handle the pressure of having to be top 6 all season because as soon as we arent the axe will be wielded.

Based on the current form, maybe so. But until it's mathematically impossible - the boys have got to go for it. I certainly believe we can still do it. Beat Brighton and it's game on, lose - and i'll start to agree with you. Big ask! In regards to the title, I think money, foreign owners, years of disappointment in the championship builds pressure - probably not much more than other clubs either.

Could the Thais help the situation by talking more about long term... about being sustainable & being a club that actually exists in a few years rather than one racking up record losses on top of record losses.

Perhaps they could have taken a leaf out of Martin George's book who talked about a 3 year plan, many owners do... It doesn't mean they don't want/expect promotion in the first full season, but it does manage fan's expectations... and it does lift some pressure where some players may be a bit more comfortable to play their natural game rather than feeling under so much pressure they just want to boot it.

Agree with this. NFP seemed to get the long term thing but now I'm not so sure. I remember he wanted the reserves re-instated in his first stint. But I'm beginning to ask what the U 21 and youth structure are really for. The young teams always seem to be doing quite well but hardly anyone ever makes the first team squad and if they do they're quickly on loan (Schlupp. Moore, Hopper). People say it's a big step up - so why bother at all? Just recruit from Prem academies and save the money spent on our own.

I wonder whether Kane's arrival has been more disruptive than we realise. With Futacs, Schlupp and Waghorn and possibly Hopper, Panayatou (is that right?), though granted none were exactly providing an unanswerable case for selection, why did we need another loan striker? Fair enough if the guy is capable of making an immediate impact - not fair enough if he's little better than any of the above. From what I have seen it's the latter. You could well imagine Futacs, Schlupp and Waghorn feeling miffed to see their chances of playing reduced by a loanee who isn't much better than them. We haven't heard much from NFP about the strong dressing room lately and I wonder if this might be at play...

Heaven help us all if expecting promotion is deemed too much pressure.

What did he think we hired him for?

This....

What a lot of fookin utter garbage.

Both under Sven and Pearson, we've had the best chance in years for some success.

Money, fan base, very average Championships, talented players.

Sven made a huge bollox of it, my surprise is that Pearson seems to be going the same way.

All you have to do is trawl back through the 'where will we finish at the end of the season' threads.

Some of same characters who confidently predicted success are now back-tracking and suggesting they thought we wouldn't do as well as expected.

Betcha..

I don't think we've been expecting miracles at all. When you're told of the owners ambitions ad the way they set about things when they came in after Mandaric had gone, the players they signed and the building up of this Club I think we were right to expect we would be seriously challenging for an automatic promotion place let alone a place in the play-offs. All the talk from the Thais has been putting this Club back where they seem to think we belong, great crack on.

Now it's all turning a bit sour the fans expectations are too high - baloney!!

I don't think we've been expecting miracles at all. When you're told of the owners ambitions ad the way they set about things when they came in after Mandaric had gone, the players they signed and the building up of this Club I think we were right to expect we would be seriously challenging for an automatic promotion place let alone a place in the play-offs. All the talk from the Thais has been putting this Club back where they seem to think we belong, great crack on.

Now it's all turning a bit sour the fans expectations are too high - baloney!!

Your italics make me upset :(

We were that when Sven spunked all that money on Premier League loan players who faded at the end of the season, then followed that up by spending even more on a Championship 'dream team' rag tag collection of players who couldn't play together whilst costing more money every week than just about the rest of the division added together.

Sven didn't spend anything

Our owners negotiated fees and wages

We only have ourselves to blame for the pressure created. Many clubs have similar sorts of money in the league as to us. It's just some of our more twattish fans think we have a divine right to be in the Premiership rather than that 'tinpot' club who are only 'tinpot' because their following isn't as good as ours

Sven didn't spend anything

Our owners negotiated fees and wages

But he chose the players. The players that have been much less succesful than the ones Pearson has signed on a relative shoestring budget

I feel that they have always said that they are in for the long game. Of course they will prefer success sooner rather than later, who wouldn't? Saying numbers or specific time spans will only come back to bite you.

We only have ourselves to blame for the pressure created. Many clubs have similar sorts of money in the league as to us. It's just some of our more twattish fans think we have a divine right to be in the Premiership rather than that 'tinpot' club who are only 'tinpot' because their following isn't as good as ours

But he chose the players. The players that have been much less succesful than the ones Pearson has signed on a relative shoestring budget

Id hardly say our players this season have been more successful. Ask me that at Christmas and i would have agreed, not now though. Even Beckford put in more of a shift than were seeing at the moment from most the squad.

Archived