Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jumbo mills

Paddy power on talksport says he understands the thai owners are negoating with mark hughes

I hope this wakes people up and makes them realise there really is no-one better than Pearson realistically available.

Why restrict ourselves to a small subset of potential managers, there will be a whole merry-go-round in another 6 weeks if the need arises.

O'Neill has twice turned us down & those were without the spectre of FFP and probably having to wheel & deal (we know how likes to criticise clubs for lacking ambition if they don't allow him whatever he deems he needs - if he never came before why would he now?

RDM from CL winner to 2nd tier? People think that will happen?

I'm not convinced about him anyway, West Brom fans aren't unanimous in their praise & it was Chelsea's lowest league position under all the years under Abramovich... although he conjured up fantastic short term backs to the wall performances against Barca & Bayern over 3 matches.

As for the rest? What's the point, no one mentioned seems better than NP

If McDermott replicated his Reading form for us he wouldn't make it without fans wanting him sacked and the next in the endless transition conveyor belt brought in.

How do you define better surely anyone that has managed in the prem is better than dear NFP?

Or for that matter has achieved promotion from this division I despair I really do if NP stays we can do so much better imo.

Sven managed in the Prem. Woefully inadequate to the once in a lifetime opportunity we gifted to him.

It's going to be right laugh for those that want rid when we get someone as underwhelming as this in.

Part of me would love to get someone horrendous so I can ram it down seenitall and He's Not Bald's throat.

I mean who gives a shit anymore? It doesn't matter who we get, we're cursed, we'll be in this league forever.

Don't want Hughes. He started his managerial career well but now he just signs anybody Kia Joorabchian chucks at him. If he is in line for the job I hope the owners have their financial wits about them.

Why restrict ourselves to a small subset of potential managers, there will be a whole merry-go-round in another 6 weeks if the need arises.

O'Neill has twice turned us down & those were without the spectre of FFP and probably having to wheel & deal (we know how likes to criticise clubs for lacking ambition if they don't allow him whatever he deems he needs - if he never came before why would he now?

RDM from CL winner to 2nd tier? People think that will happen?

I'm not convinced about him anyway, West Brom fans aren't unanimous in their praise & it was Chelsea's lowest league position under all the years under Abramovich... although he conjured up fantastic short term backs to the wall performances against Barca & Bayern over 3 matches.

As for the rest? What's the point, no one mentioned seems better than NP

If McDermott replicated his Reading form for us he wouldn't make it without fans wanting him sacked and the next in the endless transition conveyor belt brought in.

Exactly mate, some of our lot are completely deluded if they honestly think we can get MoN or RDM, for the record I want neither. Agree on McDermott as well, he did a job at Reading. It took him 3 years at them, and there is no chance the board and especially our fans would give him that amount of time. In fact, I'm fairly sure MoN the last time we gave a manager longer than 3 years.

All those screaming for Pearson to be sacked take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself would we be any better off with this guy at the helm and do you really want another season of chopping ang changing the squad?

The current squad is merely average Championship quality, so whoever comes in will have to make a number of changes There is no need to look in the mirror to work that one out.

Steve Bruce left Sunderland and I saw an interview saying he'd taken some time out and learnt from it. He's since dropped down and looks like guiding Hull to the top 2. I think there'd certainly be worse options than Hughes.

Did well at Wales, Blackburn he was very good, I think he did ok at City and was probably sacked a bit too early in the season (weren't they in the top 4 when he went?). For all the talk about wasted money (highest profile was Robinho and he was a board signing), he did sign Tevez and got some real bargains like Zabaleta and Komapny. Fulham again got a solid mid-table finish and more bargains like Dembele. Obviously QPR was a big blot on his copy book but maybe he's learnt and improved from it like Bruce did. I always think managers are sort of allowed one 'failure' because I still feel they can then learn from their mistakes. Mourinho was sacked by Benfica.

But for me it's still NP, certainly until May.

Mark Hughes though is notorious for being a slow starter with clubs so if we're looking for somebody to have a quick 6 game impact he isn't the man IMO.

I don't think we would be that daft just to give a 6 game impact we would be looking long term because he can stabilise teams in the prem.

So then we might as well let NP finish the season and take it from there?

I would think that the new man in charge whoever that may be, may use these last 6 games as a trial run/ friendlies to establish what formation etc to play so imo it would be beneficial to give him that time as well as the summer to give us the necessary preparation for next season.

Because the" new manager effect" could give us a impetus to make the playoffs I just don't see what NP could provide anymore imo.

So then we might as well let NP finish the season and take it from there?

I completely agree with this. Give Pearson until the end of the season. We still might make playoffs and possibly promotion, by somewhat a miracle with our current form. If he fails, get rid, bring in a new face, start over?

Archived