Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jumbo mills

Paddy power on talksport says he understands the thai owners are negoating with mark hughes

Nothing more than we deserve, we moaned about Pearson, we moaned about Holloway, we moaned about how we didn't want Warnock for years. Well now we are going to be stuck with the guy who took Warnocks QPR who tore the Championship apart and destroyed them within months. Wow

I would think that the new man in charge whoever that may be, may use these last 6 games as a trial run/ friendlies to establish what formation etc to play so imo it would be beneficial to give him that time as well as the summer to give us the necessary preparation for next season.

Because the" new manager effect" could give us a impetus to make the playoffs I just don't see what NP could provide anymore imo.

But this is the logic I don't get. If we're going to use these next 6 games as a 'trial-run' and experiment then what is the point? In effect every game with a new manager would be 'trail-run' because he'd have never managed us before. We still have a chance of the play-offs this season. We have to play all the 4 teams in the play-off places. These are big 6 point games that will define our season so to chuck in a guy who doesn't know the squad and the personalities and the best tactics into games like that would just be completely pointless.

We have a better chance of making the play-offs with a manger who knows these players and has already got these players into the top 6 before. If we don't make it, then fair enough re-assess after that.

I would think that the new man in charge whoever that may be, may use these last 6 games as a trial run/ friendlies to establish what formation etc to play so imo it would be beneficial to give him that time as well as the summer to give us the necessary preparation for next season.

Because the" new manager effect" could give us a impetus to make the playoffs I just don't see what NP could provide anymore imo.

We're not far off the play-offs, no way are we using the last 6 games as friendlies.

Nothing more than we deserve, we moaned about Pearson, we moaned about Holloway, we moaned about how we didn't want Warnock for years. Well now we are going to be stuck with the guy who took Warnocks QPR who tore the Championship apart and destroyed them within months. Wow

Exactly this. I'd rather not have Hughes, but it isn't up to me.

How do you define better surely anyone that has managed in the prem is better than dear NFP?

Or for that matter has achieved promotion from this division I despair I really do if NP stays we can do so much better imo.

Oh yeah, let's get Les Reed in. Or Chris Hutchings.

They've managed in the Premier League.

Not sure any of the names are that inspiring. Would be tempted to look down the leagues at someone like Uwe Rosler. But not only would that be a massive gamble, anyone at a side doing well will not leave so close to the end of the season.

Not sure any of the names are that inspiring. Would be tempted to look down the leagues at someone like Uwe Rosler. But not only would that be a massive gamble, anyone at a side doing well will not leave so close to the end of the season.

If your taking that kind of gamble you may as well look at someone like Ray Wilkins who could probably do a job although it would be a gamble plus has good contacts and coached under some top managers and players.

He reminds me too much of Sven and Stale Solbakken.

He needs more hair or to at least have a more interesting accent.

How about Lee Clark, he's very presentable looking (the sexy bastard) and his accent is so out of place for anyone with a decent job which will temporarily fascinate me.

Does not matter who we pick,its always a gamble.

Though i would prefer somebody who knows the league...Kenny Jacket,Brian McDermott springs to mind and even Sam Allardyce would be a decent shout if West Ham give him the boot.

We've got a young, clever manager - why must we replace him when he's not actually done too badly, with a has been/older manager?

If Pearson goes and we get some clown like Hughes. I hope the boo boys will sod off and stop making a mockery of our club everytime we have a slump in form.

Undecided over Pearson but still think he has a lot to offer us.

Guest bss9401

Kenny Jackett looks like someone has drawn him. I'm sure he's a Wacky Races character.

Another;

Brian McDermott only needs the raincoat and he would look like the complete perv!!

It's when potential manager names start cropping up that you realise our current manager is better than 80-90% of what's out there. Risky business, as you'd have thought we'd learned over the years...

If he hasn't been sacked by 12.00 tomorrow afternoon lets face it he is going to be at least till the end of the season. If they don't sack him now then it would be pointless to sack him until end of the season IF they are going to. But from what I have heard the owners are in contact with hughes and wont sack pearson until they have somebody else ready to walk straight in which I do think is harsh on pearson to do it whilst he is still in charge. I do think a better selection of managers will be available in the summer. For example Redknapp or maybe allardyce

Archived