Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jumbo mills

Paddy power on talksport says he understands the thai owners are negoating with mark hughes

I hope by a mircle that Pearson keeps his job, scrapes us into the playoffs and he possibly keeps his job. I want a manager that treats the club like his own, that wants to build something and someone that will be here for the long term. Pearson is very passionate about Leicester I think, Hughes would not be.

If we stayed down again this year and by chance Hughes got us promoted next year, and a top 10 prem team came in for him, he'd be off. He don't care. If Pearson does go, I personally wouldn't want a big name like Hughes, not slating his managerial capabilities but he's not here for the long run, and before you know it we are back to square one looking for another manager.

If Pearson was to go, for me, someone like McDermot would be a good choice. You can see him being around for the duration trying to build something has he goes along.

I think Pearson is the best candidate for the club long term, depends if the Thais are looking at the financial aspect or if they want a quick promotion, shit or bust. They don't look that way to me, think Nige will be about for a while.

You all do know, the typical Leicester way would be to sneak into 6th and win the playoffs right?

Excellent post! We need stability, and Pearson is renowned for building teams. I don't think they would have employed him had this not been the plan to rebuild and develop the squad, team and club.

If he gets sacked then the rebuilding process starts again.

How is Pearson renowned for building teams? It's just what people tell themselves to convince themselves that success will come under him. He did well here first time around, did an average job at Hull before a better manager improved them, and has done a poor job here second time around - losing more games than we had this time last season and having only three more points. That's after eighteen months in the job and ten million quid squandered. But it's okay, we were second in January.

I keep saying this but stability isn't a good thing in itself. It is only good if we see progress. We haven't. Stable mediocrity is useless.

How is Pearson renowned for building teams? It's just what people tell themselves to convince themselves that success will come under him. He did well here first time around, did an average job at Hull before a better manager improved them, and has done a poor job here second time around - losing more games than we had this time last season and having only three more points. That's after eighteen months in the job and ten million quid squandered. But it's okay, we were second in January.

I keep saying this but stability isn't a good thing in itself. It is only good if we see progress. We haven't. Stable mediocrity is useless.

Errrrr. I agree to an extent. However, Pearson in his first spell built a squad. We made good progress and nearly got two promotions in two seasons.

Had he have stayed, the rebuilding process could have continued. I just don't think we should disrupt the progress that we are making, albeit apart from last two months or so.

I hope by a mircle that Pearson keeps his job, scrapes us into the playoffs and he possibly keeps his job. I want a manager that treats the club like his own, that wants to build something and someone that will be here for the long term. Pearson is very passionate about Leicester I think, Hughes would not be.

If we stayed down again this year and by chance Hughes got us promoted next year, and a top 10 prem team came in for him, he'd be off. He don't care. If Pearson does go, I personally wouldn't want a big name like Hughes, not slating his managerial capabilities but he's not here for the long run, and before you know it we are back to square one looking for another manager.

If Pearson was to go, for me, someone like McDermot would be a good choice. You can see him being around for the duration trying to build something has he goes along.

I think Pearson is the best candidate for the club long term, depends if the Thais are looking at the financial aspect or if they want a quick promotion, shit or bust. They don't look that way to me, think Nige will be about for a while.

You all do know, the typical Leicester way would be to sneak into 6th and win the playoffs right?

The dreadful Sheff Utd game under MON was 30th March and then it turned round. This time it was Millwall on 29th March but it didn't turn round against Barnsley!

The dreadful Sheff Utd game under MON was 30th March and then it turned round. This time it was Millwall on 29th March but it didn't turn round against Barnsley!

Perhaps Saturday is his game! I've lost confidence in Pearson but it could happen.

Errrrr. I agree to an extent. However, Pearson in his first spell built a squad. We made good progress and nearly got two promotions in two seasons.

Had he have stayed, the rebuilding process could have continued. I just don't think we should disrupt the progress that we are making, albeit apart from last two months or so.

People keep saying 'apart from the last two months or so' as if they don't count. When reviewing Pearson's performance you can't just take away the last two months or so. They form part of the whole. Yes, at times we have played great football and we have dished out some thrashings, but where has that got us? Ultimately we are where we were this time last year; just outside the play offs and looking unlikely to break in. No progress. I was happy when he came back but he just hasn't been good enough. His previous stint here is irrelevant to his current spell in charge. It's a different club with more money and bigger expectations, for better or worse. He has failed to live up to them. He knew the brief. I wish the bloke no ill will but it's time to go.

I just really can't see how the team are going to find a performance from! Hope I'm wrong

No I fully agree with you.. Just that its not impossible, we shouldn't be looking at these games as a loss though even before the game has even kicked off.

My concern about Hughes is the arrogant way he left Fulham. I hope he learned from the stepping stone mentality he showed there.

We're always going to be a stepping stone club for any successful manager.

We're always going to be a stepping stone club for any successful manager.

I'm under no illusion that we aren't but it'd be nice to think we could hang onto a manager who wouldn't jump at the first sign of interest from a lower end PL club. I'm not saying Hughes definitely would do that but it's that side of his character that would concern me.

Interestingly, all of the Football Special betting options for the next Leicester manager have completely disappeared. Checked a few, including Oddschecker & Sky Sports.

Of course it could well be my computer playing up, or my lack of sleep.

Interestingly, all of the Football Special betting options for the next Leicester manager have completely disappeared. Checked a few, including Oddschecker & Sky Sports.

It's not just you.

As an aside, you can have 2/1 on Paulo di Canio being fined by the FA by the end of the season.

It's not just you.

As an aside, you can have 2/1 on Paulo di Canio being fined by the FA by the end of the season.

That means he's staying. Markets don't disappear unless manager's stay. Traders just adjust odds while keeping the market up if there is still a market to be had.

It's not just you.

That means he's staying. Markets don't disappear unless manager's stay. Traders just adjust odds while keeping the market up if there is still a market to be had.

Well there we have it then. Onwards and downwards upwards.

From what I remember this happened most nights last time when Sven had left, many of us had serveral late nights following Foxestalk anxiously waiting for some sign or news that MON would be returning

I've followed City for 52 years. If Hughes is appointed manager I won't be wasting any money travelling 50 miles to come through the turnstiles.

Anyone who starts their sentence with I've supported the club for xx years always finishes it with something negative. I've supported the club for 25 years and still try to stay positive maybe another 25 years of support will completely wipe that away!

Hughes has been on a steady decline. Good at Blackburn (but with a good squad of players). Very average at Man City (some of his signings were dreadful) and a lot of City supporters I know thought him tactically clueless and were delighted when he went. He then did nothing special at Fulham, and resigned when he got sniff of the Villa job, which he wasn't then offered. Then at QPR, he bought some diabolical players for extortionate sums, took away any of the team spirit that Warnock had garnered and left them as relegation fodder with massive liabilities.

In summary - a manager who can't manage any more, who has questionable judgement, even more questionable morals. Why on earth would we even consider him?!

Anyone who starts their sentence with I've supported the club for xx years always finishes it with something negative. I've supported the club for 25 years and still try to stay positive maybe another 25 years of support will completely wipe that away!

lol

'This is how much I hate him. I've supported the club for 395 years and in ALL that time, I hate this the guy the most. I have seen things at this club, you know. A lot of things over those 2,520 years. And out of all those things, this is the worst since 12,000 BC. Richard III will be rolling over in his grave!'

Archived