Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jumbo mills

Paddy power on talksport says he understands the thai owners are negoating with mark hughes

Sven managed one domestic club for one season in England (Manchester City) prior to joining us so the likelihood of him flopping would of occurred and it did. Hughes has more experience at club level (Blackburn, QPR, Fulham and Manchester City) so would be a better proposition.

He knows the English game is my point, managing at championship should be a doddle for Hughes if he has the right application.

Notts county.

As much as i think this would be a pretty dubious derision, the people saying he'd end up spending loads of money should have a listen to the interview with Sven stringer did a few weeks back. Our owners decide the fee's and wages, not the manager.

I'm sure those who want Pearson out on the basis that he's arrogant, aloof and not very media friendly will be delighted to hear about this potential appointment.

I know, people questioned his man-management skills and soon after called for Di Canio to replace him lol

Probably the only thing going for him.

If he was to come I can see the same scenario to Sven. Spend an absolute fortune, big wage budget ect.

Hope he proves me wrong if he was to come.

Quite possibly it could go either way with "Sparkey". I doubt that the Thais will make the same mistake of giving him cash aplenty to splash about though like they foolishly did with Sven and hopefully they've learnt their lesson on that one now. If they employed Pearson to not only get us up but to cut the wage bill accordingly into the bargain then I don't think the Thais will be going back down that "spend at all costs to get us up" road again like they did with Sven.

If Hughes was being viewed as a summer time target to succeed Pearson (should we fail in whatever way to achieve our goals this season and Pearson is then held accountable for that), then he'd be a decent enough acquasition, despite his chequered managerial career to date. It's just that some managers seem to fit their managerial roles at certain clubs like a glove if the board take to them - like he did at Blackburn and Man City = that being before he got unfairly ousted at City by the Arabs of course. Not quite sure why he left Fulham in the manner that he did but we all know that it just didn't happen for him at QPR. A bit of a gamble maybe but we'll just have to see what happens with the present lot.....

I hope this wakes people up and makes them realise there really is no-one better than Pearson realistically available.

Yep. Get behind him, lets hope our form turns around in the mean time.

O'Neill and Di Matteo are not realistic appointments. Nobody else excites me, so in that case we should keep Pearson, hope we come out of this run of form and emerge stronger for it.

How do you define better surely anyone that has managed in the prem is better than dear NFP?

Or for that matter has achieved promotion from this division I despair I really do if NP stays we can do so much better imo.

Archived