Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Player Ratings Vs Brighton (A)

Schmeichel - 7 - Had very little to do apart from a couple of unorthodox saves from cross/shots, but improvised them well

Moore - 6 - Got a footballing lesson from Lua Lua most of the game, but pushed up well. Committed to the cause

Morgan - 8 - Our MotM, loads of vital blocks.

Keane - 7 - Held his ground, nothing got past him

Konchesky - 7 - Best performance I've seen from him

King - 7 - Constant thorn in Brighton's side, created the space to make himself 2 great chances.

Drinkwater - 6 - Still not at his best, but pushed up well, lost the ball a bit.

James - 8 - Composed with the ball, excellent fast feet for the goal

Marshall - 3 - Game passed him by, couple of passes but on the whole awful.

Schlupp - 7 - We looked much better with him up front, good performance but was a passenger as the second half wore on though. Could have done better with 2 chances

Nugent - 7 - Took one for the team, did a great job on the left preventing them getting at Konchesky. Would have loved Nugent to be running with the ball instead of Schlupp for those 2 chances

Kane - 0 - Did he even touch the ball when he came on?

Wood - 0 - Had one run to win a freekick but as usual the ball just bounced off the donkey

RDL - 0 - Should have stuck with Lua Lua for the goal, didn't get forward as well as Moore was either. Like RDL, but shocking today.

Pearson - Picked the right team & got a response. Kept telling us to push up when we had two spells in the game where we dropped off and made them look good. Made the right change to bring RDL on to do better with Lua Lua for his pace, seemed to be let down by him for the goal though... Bringing two forwards on to try and hold the ball better in their half & have fresh legs to stop them playing the ball out from the back was a sound idea. He was let down by them again though. Kane was anonymous though and Wood doesn't even look like a professional footballer so I'd have bought Wellens on to sit on Vicente... And I'd sell Wood to Tesco for their Lasagne

On the whole much better and a good reaction from the players. Keep that up & improve on it and we'll be in there at the end.

Agree with this. Thought James had a very good game. They played well today, fought for everything and played with a bit more confidence and had a bit more quality. Shame we couldn't hang on to 3 points but i would have taken a point beforehand. Marshall was very very poor again though.

Schmeichel - 7 - Had very little to do apart from a couple of unorthodox saves from cross/shots, but improvised them well

Moore - 6 - Got a footballing lesson from Lua Lua most of the game, but pushed up well. Committed to the cause

King - 7 - Constant thorn in Brighton's side, created the space to make himself 2 great chances.

Drinkwater - 6 - Still not at his best, but pushed up well, lost the ball a bit.

Schlupp - 7 - We looked much better with him up front, good performance but was a passenger as the second half wore on though. Could have done better with 2 chances

Nugent - 7 - Took one for the team, did a great job on the left preventing them getting at Konchesky. Would have loved Nugent to be running with the ball instead of Schlupp for those 2 chances

Wood - 0 - Had one run to win a freekick but as usual the ball just bounced off the donkey

RDL - 0 - Should have stuck with Lua Lua for the goal, didn't get forward as well as Moore was either. Like RDL, but shocking today.

Pearson - Picked the right team & got a response. Kept telling us to push up when we had two spells in the game where we dropped off and made them look good. Made the right change to bring RDL on to do better with Lua Lua for his pace, seemed to be let down by him for the goal though... Kane was anonymous though and Wood doesn't even look like a professional football so I'd have bought Wellens on to sit on Vicente... And I'd sell Wood to Tesco for their Lasagne

On the whole much better and a good reaction from the players. Keep that up & improve on it and we'll be in there at the end.

Thought Wood actually had a decent performance after he came on, he held the ball good, had a couple of runs.

Pearson - Picked the right team & got a response. Kept telling us to push up when we had two spells in the game where we dropped off and made them look good. Made the right change to bring RDL on to do better with Lua Lua for his pace, seemed to be let down by him for the goal though... Kane was anonymous though and Wood doesn't even look like a professional football so I'd have bought Wellens on to sit on Vicente... And I'd sell Wood to Tesco for their Lasagne

Just me that thought Wood did alright when he came on and held the ball up much better than he has recently and if King had any sort of vision for a forward pass would have had a great chance to grab a winner?

You're agendas against certain players ridiculous and your blinkered views can't be taken seriously as a result

Just me that thought Wood did alright when he came on and held the ball up much better than he has recently and if King had any sort of vision for a forward pass would have had a great chance to grab a winner?

You're agendas against certain players ridiculous and your blinkered views can't be taken seriously as a result

Funny. Whole team played better with a forward who can actually play football.

Apart from short spell where we fell deep we didn't hoof it like we always have to do when Wood is playing.

Apart from a couple of areas to improve in Marshall & Drinky, we were much better without him as the team had someone who harried opposition defenders to prevent them playing it out. Had someone with great movement pulling central defenders out of position (see how much space King and others had on occasion) and can actually pass to a member of our team without it bouncing 10 yards off him.

Over the past 2 months I've seen less than nothing from him. He's actually worse than playing with 10 men, because if we did have 10 men we wouldn't have him on the pitch to keep giving it away. He must have some secret intel over Pearson to have kept getting picked.

406cc__59511059_lasagne.png

Although, like I said, he did have one run with the ball in stoppage time to win a freekick.

Kasper should have done better, but more players than just RDL should have been running around like maniacs to close down LuaLua. There should be a tangible sense of playing for their lives in those situations.

People can talk all they want about us taking our chances, but what's equally worrying is our complete inability to close a game out with 10 minutes or less left to go. We must be the most honest team in the league, everyone else knows how to run the clock down, waste time, wind up the opposition and play the ref. Not only do we not know how to do any of it, but the players clearly don't even try to do any of it. I don't want us to cheat or become a 'Warnock' team, but it's a case of if you can't beat them, join them - and is it really worth a place in the PL?

In the last 10 minutes, we took a throw in long, Kane smashed a kick into the wall, we took corners long and the freekick after Wood got chopped quickly. WTF? Why? Why weren't all of those just tapped to an adjacent player? Retain possesion. Play it in the corners. It's quite simple.

And the goal was more Drinkwater's fault than Kanes. Plus I don't know why more players than just RDL weren't fighting for their lives to close down LuaLua. Madness.

Funny. Whole team played better with a forward who can actually play football.

Apart from short spell where we fell deep we didn't hoof it like we always have to do when Wood is playing.

Apart from a couple of areas to improve in Marshall & Drinky, we were much better without him as the team had someone who harried opposition defenders to prevent them playing it out. Had someone with great movement pulling central defenders out of position (see how much space King and others had on occasion) and can actually pass to a member of our team without it bouncing 10 yards off him.

Over the past 2 months I've seen less than nothing from him. He's actually worse than playing with 10 men, because if we did have 10 men we wouldn't have him on the pitch to keep giving it away. He must have some secret intel over Pearson to have kept getting picked.

406cc__59511059_lasagne.png

Although, like I said, he did have one run with the ball in stoppage time to win a freekick.

You're agendas against certain players ridiculous and your blinkered views can't be taken seriously as a result.

My point still stands. I'm not even defending his recent performances, just saying he played alright when he came on today and you're too blind to see or accept it. You're constantly slagging off a player with nearly 20 goals this season yet you've spent most of the season defending Vardy who genuinely is awful and cost around the same money.

Kasper 6 - Should've saved their goal. He'll be annoyed.

Moore 7 - Solid performance.

Konch 7 - One of his better games for a while.

Morgan 7 - Standard.

Keane 7 - Gave his man no change.

Marshall 6 - Worked hard. But seemed out of position a lot.

King 7 - Got into some dangerous positions, unlucky not to score.

James 7 - Quick feet for his goal, hustle and bustle performance.

Drinkwater 6 - Such a frustrating player. Keeps things nice and tidy but slows us down.

Schlupp 7 - It's criminal that he's been behind Vardy and Waghorn in the pecking order. A genuine threat all game, utilised pace well.

Nuge 7 - Again, worked ever so hard. Win a lot of headers and started to look dangerous.

De Laet 6 - Surprised to see him come on where he did but still did ok.

Kane 3 - Did next to nothing, think it was his sloppy pass which put Drinkwater in trouble leading to the equaliser.

Wood 6 - Looked like the player we knew we'd signed, but had little help. Held the ball up well.

Wouldn't say we had a standout performer, just a solid collective team performance. We gave Lua Lua to much time on the edge of the box, and Kasper should've saved it.

Kasper 6 nothing to do most of the game, unlucky with the goal

Moore 4 taken to peices

Morgan 8 had everything under control

Keane 8 like Morgan snuffed out any threat

Konhesky 8 best game for a long time

James 9 motm was everywhere good display

Drinkwaters 6 dispointing again, some good break up play, passing to often goes astray.

King 7.5 good performance, unlucky not to score

Marshall 5 ineffective, no confidence

Nugent 7.5 great work rate,

Schluup 6 bit lightweight missed a sitter needs more composure but tried hard.

De Laet 6 ok, could have done more for the goal but Moore was out of position leaving him exposed.

Kane and wood ineffective no real service.

Do we thing Kasper could have done better with the goal?

No

When you see it look at their striker he is straight in front of him so he is completly unsighted.

He hasnt got a chance when the ball is coming at that pace when he can't see it.

Pearson - Picked the right team & got a response. Kept telling us to push up when we had two spells in the game where we dropped off and made them look good. Made the right change to bring RDL on to do better with Lua Lua for his pace, seemed to be let down by him for the goal though... Bringing two forwards on to try and hold the ball better in their half & have fresh legs to stop them playing the ball out from the back was a sound idea. He was let down by them again though. Kane was anonymous though and Wood doesn't even look like a professional footballer so I'd have bought Wellens on to sit on Vicente... And I'd sell Wood to Tesco for their Lasagne

Wood 0 and Drinkwater/Moore 6. Sums you up really lol

Kasper 4 - Made a rare mistake for their goal

Moore 6 - was generally outclassed by LuaLua yet put 100% effort into his role and gave support to the offense

Keane 8 - had a strong game both in terms of defending and in supporting the passing game

Morgan 7 - had a solid game although his passing skills are poor

Konchesky 7 - had a solid game, not spectacular or poor in either deffence or attack

James 8 - rarely gave the ball away, looked strong and showed composure to take his goal

King 7 - Came close to both creating and scoring chances, was generally composed on the ball, looked comfortable in his role

Drinkwater 5 - the weakest link in midfield, looked technically inept and constantly lost possession. Did manage an important block off the line

Nugent 5 - dosn't know when to pass and isn't a threat when picking the ball up deep, needs to play a centre forward

schlupp 8 - showed great technical ability and improved decision making looked to have synergy with King

Marshall 6 - no mistakes but had no impact.

RDL 5 - didn't really do anything right in the time he was on the pitch

Wood 7 - was solid in the time he was on the pitch

Kane 4 - gave the ball away several times and looked uncomfortable in a wide role

Also Kane was not great but he had a cracking shot and won a corner from a free kick.. Explain how he didn't touch the ball??

He certainly touched the ball when he passed it their player on half way.

Agree with other poster...you're comments are sadly nill and void my friend

Disagree with the OP about wood, did everything he could. Decent cameo. Konch was MOTM for me. Also think Marshall doesn't deserve these low scores, defensively he was great today, lacking confidence going forward.

A fairer rating for Wood and Kane:

Wood- 5 battled hard to get involved but should never...ever be played as lone striker in a 4-5-1 formation as does not have the pace....could have scored.

Kane - 3 His confidence and control are poor and nearly cost us when he gave away possession on half way. Attempted to take us forward and run the channel but to no avail....tasty speculative effort late on could have lead to a goal.

No surprise to see King having one of his better games when we switched to 433, a shame his finishing has deserted him though. It's football suicide playing him in a 442, especially away from home I hope our manager realises as the next 5 games are crucial any amateur mistakes such as this cannot be afforded.

Schmeichel 6 - Initial reaction was to think he could have done better with their goal. He'll be disappointed.

Moore 6 - Struggled a bit at times but wears his heart on his sleeve. Overall, not too bad.

Morgan 8 Got in the way of everything. Can see how much of an influence he has on us.

Keane 7 Very solid first half. Looks much better alongside Wes.

Konch 6 First half he was really good, second half got a bit sloppy in possession. Much improved on recent games.

Marshall 6 Really ineffective. He's had a poor season.

Drinkwater 6 His mistake led to their goal. Was at the centre of most of our good play, but still careless in possession too often.

King 7 Decent game from King. Missed a couple of fantastic chances in the first half though.

James 7 Great footwork for the goal. Thought he was fairly quiet before he scored, superb afterwards.

Nugent 7 Loads, loads better from Nuge. Looked dangerous with the ball at his feet and running at their defence.

Schlupp 7 Probably the best lone striker performance we've seen all season. Held the ball up where he could, and troubled their defence all game. Needs to start Friday. Only downside was he should have done better when clean through with only the keeper to beat.

De Laet 6 Won a few corners, other than that he's really not a right winger.

Kane 4 Just horrible. Really not happened for him here.

Wood 7 Did all he could really, decent cameo. Held the ball up well & looked a lot better than in recent weeks.

Was I the only one who thought Nugent was pretty average today? He looked very tired in the first half after about 25 minutes, he got booked after 2 minutes. On the ball he had a good game, but off the ball he was poor, not making the right runs and at stages standing totally still not doing anything.

Kasper - 6 - Should've done better with the goal, arguably not really tested.

Moore - 6.5 - A few nightmare moments where he got caught square on and flat-footed by Lua-Lua, as I've said in the match thread though, I dread to think how much damage would've been done down our right had SSL been playing with his usual lethargic showing like he's had a huge night on the razz.

Wes - 8.5 - A couple of blocks that just epitomise the bloke as a player and a leader. He's carried us at times this season, a travesty if he doesn't win POTY.

Keane - 8 - Dealt with everything in the same vein as Morgan. The pair of them seem to have a very good knack of knowing when to either completely clear their lines or play it patiently from the back. If we could keep him for another season regardless of our division, I'd be delighted - though I remember reading SAF doesn't like his kids going out twice to the same side to stop attachment? If anyone could ratify this, cheers.

Konch - 6.5 - One or two dodgy moments that seem to have engulfed Konch's recent form, by the same token some of the play that made him such a solid team member last term. Steady enough.

Drinkwater - 6.5 - Arguably the weakest of the midfield three but still nowhere near terrible. Clearly has the ability to orchestrate play and needs to improve his decision making but he's young, he'll improve. Just wish he'd shift the ball about with the same tempo, accuracy and intent he did at the season's start because he's dangerously good when he fancies it.

James - 8 - Probably receiving a higher mark than his performance merited for his goal. Great energy and movement fluttering around the middle of the park, fantastic understanding with King in terms of covering one another and such.

King - 8 - The pick of the midfield, for me. Made his chances with his clever movement, only real criticism is that he should've gotten himself on the score sheet. Such a smart player, moments where he showed strength that belied his frame, too.

As a midfield triumvate - the three of them impressed me with just how well they knew when to press and stand-off. No silly tackles, no diving in. Pearson 'done good' by setting up with these three in the middle of the park. Sharp.

Nuge - 6 - He's not a winger, but he grafts and grafts and gets on with it - sticks to his task and doesn't throw anything out of the pram. Horrendous dive within the first minute, though. Pull your kecks up Nuge.

Schlupp - 7.5 - Likewise Nuge, given a thankless task really - trying to press a back four almost single-handedly, didn't give up and always looked to attack with purpose and intent. The fact we've given Waghorn and Vardy more than a chance up top while Schlupp's been restricted to cameos from the bench or punted in at left back makes me a little ill.

Marshall - 5 - And that five's for his defensive work which for the most part goes unnoticed. Some woeful decision making going forward, though. Looks bereft of any confidence.

Subs - A collective 'meh.'

Also, what does Pearson see in Harry Kane? He has not put in a single decent performance (that I've seen). He can't win the ball in the air, he makes poor decisions when running with the ball and passing it. Classic example today when he beat a man then took it straight out of play. He doesn't have a motivation to play for the shirt, why not bring Lloydy or Knocky on today, someone whos gonna run at the defence and have an idea what they're gonna do with the ball. He's justy signed a new deal with Spurs, so why would he be interested in helping us in our promotion push?

Archived