Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Meadsey1975

Was it enough?

Under normal circumstances a point away at Brighton may have been greeted with the cheers it perhaps deserved, they're a decent team under Poyet but I feel that whats gone before has clouded people opinions of the performance. Its a real shame we didnt hang on for all 3 points but the way we have been playing were we ever going to keep a clean sheet away today?

I reckon overall it was a good performance and a hard earned point but at this stage of the season and considering whats gone before was it enough???

Under normal circumstances a point away at Brighton may have been greeted with the cheers it perhaps deserved, they're a decent team under Poyet but I feel that whats gone before has clouded people opinions of the performance. Its a real shame we didnt hang on for all 3 points but the way we have been playing were we ever going to keep a clean sheet away today?

I reckon overall it was a good performance and a hard earned point but at this stage of the season and considering whats gone before was it enough???

No, what's gone on before made it a worse result that it normally would be.

We've lost our way against the crap sides in this league, not against Cardiff and Brighton.

Pearson undid his good work today. Setup the team well and they looked motivated. We get the lead and he carries on with his subs. Why bring Kane on? On the wing? He's poor anyway an on the wing he looked dreadful.

The tactical decisions lately have been poor to say the least. All down to NP that. Cost us result again today

Pearson undid his good work today. Setup the team well and they looked motivated. We get the lead and he carries on with his subs. Why bring Kane on? On the wing? He's poor anyway an on the wing he looked dreadful.

The tactical decisions lately have been poor to say the least. All down to NP that. Cost us result again today

Exactly this.

Starting brightly he reverts back to default setting and brings on a worthless substitution.

Also we lack any killer instinct.

This will ultimately leave us short of where we need to be and Pearson will be out.

I do agree to this. Strange substitution, backfired on him. Could of kept Schlupp on and drifted him onto the left instead or even introduced Knocky.

It should've been 3 but a point is enough, It still keeps us in-touch going into back to back home games and has stopped the run of 3 defeats. I just hope the late equaliser hasn't knocked the fight out us like it did after dominating away at Cardiff.

Points from last 3 games...

Brighton 3

Forest 3

Palace 1

Leicester 1

Were all in the same boat. If we can find a bit of form we'll make the play-offs.

When you think about the doo-doo we could have been in tonight if we'd lost and Bolton and Forest had won it's quite a relief to still be in touching distance.

This point could turn out to be ok come May.

Played very well through most of the game and I think we did enough to take the 3 points, although sometimes reverting back to long diagonal balls into the channels which clearly never works.

This league is tighter than a nuns front door so anything could happen in the last 5 games its still in our own hands to be honest.

Yes it was enough. We've still got a great chance. We're at home for the next two while everyone else we're competing with is away for the next two.

Too much negativity, too much "must win" mentality for every game. We didn't need to win today.

Considering our form and Brighton's home form, a draw is a great result.

Considering our form and Brighton's home form, a draw is a great result.

Yeah I agree. I would've happily taken a draw at the beginning of today, I am, of course, disappointed with how we got that draw but now that I've calmed down I realise it keeps us in a nice position.

What was particularly impressive was how we matched Brighton which gives me a lot of hope for the last five games.

Improved performance. Should have won the game really. Was it enough? Unsure at this point.

This

Only at the very end of the season will it be decided if this point is enough or not

1 win in 13 though so at the minute it doesnt feel like its enough

However glass half full time, hopefully its the turning point :thumbup:

Archived