Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gerrytaggart

WATFORD

Just reading through some of the threads on their forum and you'd have thought they were in the PO final already!!.

their fans sure are very confident (cocky) of meeting either palace or brighton at wembley, they seem to have not realised they have to play us first!!

Should be a great two games...and we all know that if we are on top of our game we can beat them in both legs.

I dont want to be over confident but i do have a good feelng about our chances.

I think we're are matching them in the confidence stakes tbh.

I can understand LCFC fans confidence, we are on a high after making the playoffs in such a way, they are on a low missing out on automatic, Deeney is suspended (I think), and 2 of their goalkeepers are injured leaving them with their 3rd choice who before yesterday hadn't played a senior match before.

However our form doesn't read very good, Watford's does (Or better atleast), I think it'll be a very tight 2 legged affair but I don't think either teams have any reason to be bypassing this game and looking to the final just yet.

One game at a time, Game by game, Don't count your chickens before they hatch and all the other cliches you can think off.

This isn't pessimism, I've gave positive thoughts aswell as negative, I'm just staying grounded, focused and not getting ahead of myself.

Our away form concerns me more than anything, I would have preferred the away game first, and then if we drew or lost by a goal, make it a cup final scenario down here.

Watford have every reason to feel the more confident, they are a very good side, who have beaten us twice this season.

But I have stated before on other threads, if the Leicester from January turn up in the playoffs, I fear no team.

Which is the real Leicester city, the team from January, or the team since who got 3 wins from 17, I hope the very good Leicester turns up.

Come on you lcfc players, play like you can.

To be fair to them in the past 5 games between us they've won 3 and we've won 2. We've not beaten them since 2011. I know it's the playoffs and anything can happen but the stats suggest they have our number.

And before yesterday we hadn't beaten Forest at their place for 41 years.

Look its the play offs, Its a lottery, enjoy the ride and sing your heart out, that's all we can do. It was a huge achievement just to get in there, now lets make the most of this second chance, COYB!

I don't give a fvck about any of the stats or meetings between us before. Anything can happen, how many games have we said guaranteed 3 points and then been turned over? The foxes will destroy the hornets.

Not condoning anykind of unsporting behaviour but.... If that lad starts in goal ring the stadium with "dodger keeper chants" that'll unnerve him! I hope Nigel studies the Leeds game last day of the season, they had them that day! We need the same approach. Get into em' and **** em' up.

Just reading through some of the threads on their forum and you'd have thought they were in the PO final already!!.

their fans sure are very confident (cocky) of meeting either palace or brighton at wembley, they seem to have not realised they have to play us first!!

Should be a great two games...and we all know that if we are on top of our game we can beat them in both legs.

I dont want to be over confident but i do have a good feelng about our chances.

There's plenty of our fans talking about the final

They're a very, very good side - This is about as hard as can be for us, I was hoping it would be Hull.

I'd fancy our chances against Palace (although have match winners in their side) & Brighton (very solid) too

But Watford? No, I have hope just like before the Forest game.... but come-on there can't be much more than just hope

Although we're in slightly better form, surprisingly!!!! W2D3L1 Vs their W2D1L3 in the last 6

I was on Fifa ultimate team last night and my kit n badge are LCFC then I was in the semi final of the cup and who should come up a Watford kit and badge with a Watford fan!!! I was 2-0 down after 15 mins and this guy was good like really good so I changed things round and in the second half it ended 4-2 to me is this a sign? I hope so lol

I agree - wasn't our day today and I just don't think it's our year ? Leicester will be thrilled to grab 6th and I am a firm believer in the old "3rd time lucky" type of psychy - where Leicester will get us back after 2 defeats this season against us ? We are the best footballing team in the division but we do lack a leader on the pitch and we lack "mental toughness" - ie we don't have an answer when things aren't going our way. Some of the mistakes we are making this year would never have happened in the past, e.g. Ekstrand's lethargic defending for their first goal .... If Nos or Doyley had been in that position they would have hit row Z of the stand rather than flick it into the chest of their striker ?

I still say we are not quite ready to go up this year - I am enjoying the ride but I don't expect to win the Play-offs and if we do fail I relish the thought of next season with a slightly stronger more settled team to have a better go !!

LOVE IT HAHA

latest odds from PP.com:

brighton 23/10

leicester 12/5

watford 3/1

palace 10/3

the bookies favouring us. they will soon realise when they come to the kp they are in a game. not a walkover. 

Personally I believe the PO winner will come from the City - Watford game. :thumbup:

Archived