Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

A couple of points:

2. The constant comparisons I see with Dortmund are just irrelevant. The Bundesliga's wages/revenue ratio is only around 50% due to their strict domestic club licensing regime put in place to constrains clubs’ costs. In 2011/12 the average wage costs for a Bundesliga club was €53m, compared with €102m (£83m) in the Premier League in which the wages/revenue ratio was 70%.

If average Premier wages at £83m were 70% of turnover that means turnover of £118m.

How the hell do clubs manage that when they were only getting a maximum of £60m in TV rights?

Oscar Garcias officially gone

Brighton ACCEPT Oscar Garcia's resignation. 

Ridiculous , he's done a fantastic job considering he's had one hand tied behind his back when it's come to transfers - given we've lost the likes of Vicente , Bridge, Bridcutt , El Abd and Barnes to get to the play offs at all is miraculous

so just after the play off defeats we're looking for a new manager - this seems familiar.

Ridiculous , he's done a fantastic job considering he's had one hand tied behind his back when it's come to transfers - given we've lost the likes of Vicente , Bridge, Bridcutt , El Abd and Barnes to get to the play offs at all is miraculous

so just after the play off defeats we're looking for a new manager - this seems familiar.

Gutted for you mate, I really wanted your club to do well in the play offs. There seems like there must be something going on with the board. 

That's a shame mate. Garcia seemed like a good bloke. I do have to say though, shocking two legs in the play-offs.

I was expecting them to be closer to be honest.

It's this FFP nonsense , half expecting to see a very mediocre manager on a shoestring wage next and watch us finish mid table to be honest.

as for the Semis , agreed we were shocking - talk flittering about Tonight that Oscar knew he was going and so did the players , which is similar to Gus last season (only without the poo)

If average Premier wages at £83m were 70% of turnover that means turnover of £118m.

How the hell do clubs manage that when they were only getting a maximum of £60m in TV rights?

Revenue is generally made up of matchday revenue (gate receipts), commercial revenue including sponsorship, domestic broadcast rights, foreign broadcast rights, plus there is additional revenue for clubs competing in European competitions.

Broadcast rights are on average 50% of this lot, though it varies by club.

A couple of points:

1. The latest published wage bill from QPR was 78m for the 2012/13 season.  A season when they were in the Premiership.  78m is less than the average wage-bill of Premier League clubs (the average was 83m in 2011/12, I don't have the 2012/13 figure right now but can assume it is higher).  With aspirations to stay in the Premier League, they increased their wage-bill to a level to compete with other PL clubs.  They failed but their strategy was not as crazy as some people are making out, i.e. in order to compete in the PL, we need to spend roughly the same as other PL clubs.

2. The constant comparisons I see with Dortmund are just irrelevant. The Bundesliga's wages/revenue ratio is only around 50% due to their strict domestic club licensing regime put in place to constrains clubs’ costs. In 2011/12 the average wage costs for a Bundesliga club was €53m, compared with €102m (£83m) in the Premier League in which the wages/revenue ratio was 70%.

They aren't irrelevant as Dortmund prove what a side you can create without having to piss away millions on shite like QPR as well as plenty of others in this country have done.

Panicky culture.

The mentality of English clubs, Premier League ones especially, is a total embarrassment.

Archived