Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
molsk

We needed to take a leaf out of palace's book!

Their form since Holloway took over would have them in eighth, actually. Six positions above us.

Palace had the worst run of any team ever going into the play offs.

However, Holloway does know what it takes to get to the final. He has had some impressive away wins in the play offs; Forest, Birmingham and now Brighton.

It won't be an easy game to call but strangely enough I think if Watford go up and keep hold of their "Iti's" then they may well do better than Cardiff and Hull.

Ok. But didn't changing manager make them end up in a worse position than when Dougie Freedman had them. I remember the Palace which came to the KP and the Palace which we played at Selhurst. I know which one I'd prefer to play...

I wasn't disputing that. I was pointing out the innacuracy of the post I responded to.

Palace had the worst run of any team ever going into the play offs.

However, Holloway does know what it takes to get to the final. He has had some impressive away wins in the play offs; Forest, Birmingham and now Brighton.

The run going into the play offs hardly matters now, does it. I'd rather be where they are.

I wasn't disputing that. I was pointing out the innacuracy of the post I responded to.

Fair enough then. But those saying "oh, Palace changed manager and look where they are" need to think about it properly.

1) They had no choice

2) Since Holloway has come they have been a worse team and wouldn't have made the play offs had that form been there all season.

Great post. Tell me again who scored both Palace goals and which club he belongs to?

Is it a prerequisite for Watford fans to be thick as shit or something? I swear most of you are fvcking clueless.

He came through the CRYSTAL PALACE academy.

He has NEVER actually played for Manchester United.

His transfer to Manchester United will help to secure the finances of a club that goes about its business ethically and with professionalism.

Watford going up would genuinely be bad for English football.

Where do up-and-coming English lads get a look in if this model catches on?

We may not be lovers of Holloway, but Palace have done things honestly and ethically.

Good luck to them. Would have preferred Brighton but you can't have it all.

Hmm, would that be Crystal Palace that have played 3 youth team players all season....Watford on the other hand have played 8, beaten only by Boro

Leicester have played 3

Is it a prerequisite for Watford fans to be thick as shit or something? I swear most of you are fvcking clueless.

He came through the CRYSTAL PALACE academy.

He has NEVER actually played for Manchester United.

His transfer to Manchester United will help to secure the finances of a club that goes about its business ethically and with professionalism.

Thank you for a great post.

Wilf joined us pre teen. We nurtured him like other youth players, Victor Moses, Ben Watson & Nathanial Clyne.

We have had rubbish form like you against Forest & like that we beat the odds & we stood up & we faced it.

I still reckon we'll be playing your boys next season though. AMF & Watford are the epitomy of what football's all about.

raba

Rather the Ollie circus than another team of imports in the Prem.

I really do hate Watford with a passion now after the last few weeks. Their mongy fans are cut from the same mould as F*rest (smug, delusional arses), they're poison to the Home Nations, they've given Sky and the BBC brown noses on a scale I've never seen before and, of course, they were responcible for the most miserable day, for me, since we were relegated to League One.

While another bunch of foreign imports of dubious legality will fit right into the Premier League, the thought of a club like theirs essentially cheating their way to a £120 Million cheque sickens me while there are honest clubs up and down the country facing winding up orders seemingly every other month.

I hope they crash and burn in the final, their rule-bending gets nipped in the bud by the FA and they go back to what they really are next season - a threadbare team with crap support worthy only of a relegation scrap.

Quality... Like I've tried to say all season.

Zaha was the difference. Cream will rise to the top.

about time he turned up, but one decent game a season should not make you player of the year.

In fact, i think every side has a player which deserved it more than him.

You're right he was the difference, but i don't get all this 'cream will rise to the top' bollocks. Always looks average when i see him, yes his skills are way above average but his technical ability with regards to crossing and finishing etc is poor.

Yes and he's scored 1 goal in 26 games. Fantastic stuff

exactly. Goals/Assists > People who run around.

The exact reason why king pisses me off all the time.

about time he turned up, but one decent game a season should not make you player of the year.

You're right he was the difference, but i don't get all this 'cream will rise to the top' bollocks. Always looks average when i see him, yes his skills are way above average but his technical ability with regards to crossing and finishing etc is poor.

What?

For a centre midfielder it's not so much about the goals/assists. Kingy has popped up with a few goals here and there but his defensive work has been phenomenal and he has turned up for the past 6/7 games where the pressure has been on!

I hope Watford go up. It's our own fault we ****ed up not theirs. Also, palace are an easier team to beat for next year. It will also be funny if Watford don't mange to sign any of their loan players they'd be in deep shit

King who chipped in with double figures from CM three seasons running?

You're either an absolute moron or a poor-quality troll.

Neither will stay up IMO but hope Palace do it because they've done it the right way- through their youth system not by loaning most of your team in a loophole

This

Palace's use of the academy is greatly overstated. Williams and Zaha....who else have they used?  Nobody.

'Watford have given far more young players first team football this year.

Palace and watford are great examplesthat it doesn't take 2,3 or even 4 seasons for a manager to 'build' a team.

People who say Pearson needs time, its absolute shite.

Who cares how Watford have done it, they are in the final in virtually one season. Palace were flirting with relegation when freedman took control.

We have the best finances in the division and a dinosaur as a manager. Hopefully this will be resolved pretty quickly!

The point I made was that Zaha popped up with two goals when it mattered. He was a constant thorn in Brighton's side and was basically unplayable.

The game changed also when Palace brought on Bolasie. We brought on Kane and the game changed, actually we became worse.

Holloway got his tactics utterly spot on AND had the quality, when it mattered, to get the right result.

Brighton were never in the game.

They also changed managers during the season - the lack of stability which the Pearson brigade tell us about didn't do them too badly did it?

That is such a great point! as did Bolton who just missed out. I hate what Watford did but the club is ran on a continental system and Zola does not really have a say in who comes in, as you can see from his title he is  HEAD COACH. At the start of the season the Italians who run the club said "here is a load of players from all over the place now go and coach them into a team" which in fairness is what he has done. We are led to believe from the Pearson rimmers that stability brings success, you could also agree that more of the same brings...more of the same...

I hope Palace go up...

When you consider we were outplayed tactically by teams at the lower end I think NP has limitations in this area, also his timing and selection of subs. Next season we're up against the likes of Adkins, Rednapp, MeDermot etc for starters and although I don't agree with changing the manager ever 5 mins I do think we need to start next season with a manager who is tactically astute, in fact could be a former player Mancini !

Hope that either Watford lose, or go up and act as the PL whipping boys for a year.

Also, what's with all this talk of Watford 'collapsing' and 'not having a team' next year? 

Yes their closing the loophole and they won't be able to loan in players in the same way, but surely they'll just sign them all on permanent instead, on the cheap, since they're effectively selling them to themselves?

Re: Transfer embargo:

Under the terms of the embargo, Watford can still sign players with prior permission from league officials.

The embargo will last until the end of the summer transfer window on 31 August.

So be ready for the usual gutless FA/FL to allow them to sign people anyway. 

Archived