Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Wellens to Melbourne Victory or back to Doncaster?

I am not posting this to start a rumour or gossip, but a fellow fox friend of mine who has close links to a couple of Victory players has told me Victory are looking at a couple of experienced championship midfielders to add a bit extra in midfield. One of the players they are looking at is out Richie Wellens, they are not in any position to pay a fee and do have a salary cap however are looking to offload Rojas to free up some cash.
Now my mate has been a bit of a wind up merchant, but has been spot on with signings in the past also, just wondering if anyone in Leicester has also heard anything?

I know freeing up some cash in the salary cap, which is what I was talking about

Ah I see. My bad. Still filthy he left the Nix. Would love him here, just think he's too lightweight for this league at the moment.

Richie Wellens

The boy in blue

The terrace shouts

Abuse at you

Finally a chant that we know will take off :D

Rojas is a great player, another Victory player I like the look off is Adama Traore, looks very useful!

I did hear the Victory captain is a Leicester fan, not sure how true it actually is.

Rojas is a great player, another Victory player I like the look off is Adama Traore, looks very useful!

I did hear the Victory captain is a Leicester fan, not sure how true it actually is.

Pity he's a cvnt.

I am not posting this to start a rumour or gossip, but a fellow fox friend of mine who has close links to a couple of Victory players has told me Victory are looking at a couple of experienced championship midfielders to add a bit extra in midfield. One of the players they are looking at is out Richie Wellens, they are not in any position to pay a fee and do have a salary cap however are looking to offload Rojas to free up some cash.

Now my mate has been a bit of a wind up merchant, but has been spot on with signings in the past also, just wondering if anyone in Leicester has also heard anything?

You make it sound like we were trying to off load Rojas, we tried to keep him but he wanted to further his career and we got a compo payment of $115k.

We are in a position to pay for players as our bank account from the last AGM is exteremly healthy, but Victory like most A-league clubs really buy players except for when we purchased Carlos Hernadez.

In relation to the rumours, this is the first i've heard of it but i can't see Wellens as being a Posticoglu style of player. Ange likes a free flowing passing style game and tends to favour young quick players who are good passes and can take on there man. Not too sure Richie fits this bill, but who knows sometimes with Ange.

Someone knows there Victory, Traore is a great player and in the coming months when he becomes naturalized he is a lock for an Australian squad.

Can't say i've ever heard about Leijer being a Victory fan.

• 2 weeks later...

Donny Rovers

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-19133329-detail/story.html?#axzz2UlCJrDJD

Leicester City midfielder Richie Wellens could be set for a return to his former club Doncaster.

The Mercury understands Rovers' new boss Paul Dickov is "very interested" in acquiring the services of the 33-year-old.

The League One champions are looking to add experience to their squad ahead of next season's Championship survival campaign.

Wellens has fallen out of favour at City, making just four appearances for them last season as well as being sent on a month-long loan stint to Ipswich as he recovered from a cruciate ligament injury.

It is understood that preliminary discussions have already been made over a potential return to the Keepmoat Stadium for Wellens, but that Dickov is looking to spend as little as possible to do so.

Wellens still has one year left on his contract and it is not yet known whether or not he will be released from it, or whether Doncaster would be expected to pay a fee to acquire him.

Agreeing terms could also be a potential sticking point in the deal as Doncaster would not be able to match the wages that Wellens is currently on at City.

But with Dickov so keen to get Wellens on board, and his future at City seemingly over, it looks like it could be a deal which suits both parties.

Sounds like a good move for Richie and Donny to be honest, RW seems the kind of guy to take a bit of a wage cut in a situation like this too. I'm all for it.

According to Donny's Rob Tanner

Talks well underway. Wages a potential problem - but Wellens has no future at Leicester and wants to play games after injury wrecked year.

Just seen this on the mercury website. sounds good to me as his wages are high and doesnt really offer much for us anymore.

Now hopefully we can get rid iff the likes off danns beckford and gally etc

Sorry guys didnt notice other thread...

Archived