Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Wellens to Melbourne Victory or back to Doncaster?

Wouldn't be surprised if that was true I'm afraid. Kind of thing we'll have to get used to with the utterly stupid wages most of our listed players are on.

It's going to be an extremely frustrating summer IMO.

No chance of him coming to Melbourne, there's no room for him in our midfield with the signing of Nichols and finkler coming back from injury and Milligan staying on, not to mention wellens is hardly the type of player ange likes. Better chance of going to Doncaster to be honest.

Shame didn't ship him out when ipswich were interested, although I guess we needed him as cover. A mistake for me last season was keeping the likes of wellens and gally as back up and not using them, should have tried to sell and got better quality experienced players

Sky are reporting that Wellens is looking to re-establish himself in the starting 11 for next season and is hoping to win promotion to the Prem with us!

Link - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8790735/

"I believe I am one of the best midfielders in the Championship and I am looking to establish myself back in the Leicester starting XI next season."

What a statement!! I want what he's having! lol

In the right type of team, the right setup, I think Wellens could still cut it and be very useful.

I am in no way comparing him to Scholes, but in the same way Ferguson did with Scholes a few years back.

Wellens definitely has that type of class which age can't beat, but he just hasn't seemed bothered over the past few years and injuries haven't helped.

Meh. I'd rather see him shipped out to be honest. But if he stays, a little part of me wants him to become our Scholes/Pirlo/Lampard type player (again, not comparing them, but experianced central midfielder type players).

I'd say he's trying to put himself in the shop window.

If you expect him to come out and say 'well yeah I'm sh*t so don't even put a bid in for me', then you need to take another look at football.

That reads to me as "I think I'll stay and collect my wages for the next year, thanks. You can play me if you want but I ain't going anywhere for less money."

It'd be good if he could still do a job but I'm really not sure he can.

Archived