Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nickyboy

Brighton rumours

Not to sure on that one considering Buckley signed for £1million, and how much was Makail-Smith, £3million? (etc...)

We played nice football until that poor run of form. Some of the team goals were have scored this season have been excellent. People who want Pearson out seem to want a better experienced manager, yet Poyet has only achieved the exact same as Nigel Pearson (win League One and make the play offs, although Pearson has done it twice).

(Not saying Poyet is a bad manager though, clearly he isn't. I do like him, but I want Nige to remain in charge).

Brighton have got quite a bit of money to throw around now and they've only just built the AMEX Stadium as well, you can hardly call them a small club.

I wouldn't want him here to be honest, because he hasn't really proven he can do a better job than what we've already got at the moment. So many on here seem to be clamouring for autos next season - well he hasn't proved he can do that with Brighton, who've spent a fair bit of money over the past couple of seasons, so why would he do it here where he'd have to change so much for us play in his style?

Plus, Brighton are possibly the diritiest team in the league, they cheat and foul their way through most of their matches and that's not the way I want Leicester to play.

Hardly a small club I think their average gate ishigher than ours

Can't say I like him that much, he seems very disloyal and doesn't particularly care who knows about it. Often gives the impression that he's too good for Brighton and wants to move on to a bigger club, Chelsea seeming to be his preferred job.

Bit arrogant too, bit too much self entitlement and all that. Having said that, has clearly done a good job at Brighton.

This is exactly right.

Also,he is not a great tactician.Sure,he has got us playing some brilliant football,but it all falls down when we fail to win games really.I don't believe he is any better than Nigel.I think he is a good manager,not a great one and I wouldn't be too disheartened if he left but it would be nice to keep the same style,just with a bit more penetration.

He's spent £5m on strikers alone, £1m+ on Lua Lua and had expensive loans like Bridge and Upson, they are hardly brassic.

He's done a very good job, but people run Pearson down for achieving similar under us first time around.

I don't think anyone runs NP down for his achievements first time around - I thought he was great first time around. In fact fantastic.

I run him down for his "achievements" second time around ... when to be fair he was always the wrong appointment - too different from the last bloke and that meant restructuring the whole playing side .... instead of a few minor tweaks to get it right. 

I don't think anyone runs NP down for his achievements first time around - I thought he was great first time around. In fact fantastic.

I run him down for his "achievements" second time around ... when to be fair he was always the wrong appointment - too different from the last bloke and that meant restructuring the whole playing side .... instead of a few minor tweaks to get it right.

If I had a pound for every time someone said "anyone could get us promoted" or "teams coming up always do well, it's not an achievement", or slated the players we had under him I'd be able to buy us both a season ticket.

If I had a pound for every time someone said "anyone could get us promoted" or "teams coming up always do well, it's not an achievement", or slated the players we had under him I'd be able to buy us both a season ticket.

SK2 please!!

I'm not sure it's a good idea for us to sit together though!!!!!

I'm sorry but Brighton are a small club.

Their fans have only appeared the last two seasons.

They're a rejuvenated club with lots of potential and pretty of resources. In fact, BHA have a lot of things going for them.

but no, Brighton & Hove Albion are NOT a big club.

Ha where you moving from?

For years I had 4 tickets on the soft seats in the corporates until this season - I've just been picking and choosing the games this season and literally sit anywhere ... my favourite place has been SK2 ..... so if i get a ST that's where I'm going. 

ST is a bit of a waste for me though - I don't get back from Hols until end of August so may as well pay on the day by the time I've missed a few games due to that.

I reckon Poyet has been talking to someone and wants to resign so the future club don't have to pay Brighton anything. They've cottoned on to it and aren't having any of it.

That's how it sounds to me. You don't suspend a manager over a budget dispute. You just quit if you're not happy with your new budget.

Either that or he has deliberately been awkward with his budgetary demands so as to engineer an exit.

Archived