Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Foxes Set For Hong Kong Sevens

Fair point, I would agree with you there. There are a few in who look like they should be considered.

Perhaps we'll get one more into the first team this time. Last season it was Moore, before that it was Schlupp. We are gradually bedding players in I think.

I hope so.... It's gonna be interesting to see who's gonna be good enough. It's a risk, of course, but one which could be worth taking.

Just because they're winning some crappy tournament in China doesn't mean they're ready for Championship football.

We do appear to have a good youth team but playing well against other youth teams means they'll play well against Championship sides.

I can't imagine for a moment that we have a youth striker better than Nugent or Wood.

Well done lads , fantastic achievement , especially when newcastle villa and rangers played lads with 1st team experience. please dont think idiot above speaks for all of us. hopefully newcastle villa take a good hard look at you all and maybe give you all a chance if we dont. and the weirdo above can watch the mighty goalscoring machines of wood and nugent for life. sometimes i think our fans deserve the shite the get served up everyweek. if we can beat such clubs u21s from the prem then rudkin and beaglehole are doin great jobs. well done panayiotou and cain 8 goals between you both is awesome

Well done lads , fantastic achievement , especially when newcastle villa and rangers played lads with 1st team experience. please dont think idiot above speaks for all of us. hopefully newcastle villa take a good hard look at you all and maybe give you all a chance if we dont. and the weirdo above can watch the mighty goalscoring machines of wood and nugent for life. sometimes i think our fans deserve the shite the get served up everyweek. if we can beat such clubs u21s from the prem then rudkin and beaglehole are doin great jobs. well done panayiotou and cain 8 goals between you both is awesome

Bit of an over reaction?

harry panayiotou won player of the tournament , well done young lad , for sesay taft and the lads an absolute fantastic triumph. remember our fans dont get it thats why they call it mickey mouse , it must be awful to see that norwich can take 5000 fans to stamford bridge and support bthe youth and we get approx 120 at the kp. your a fantastic bunch and its a great credit to you all even if our fans dont deserve such a fantastic side. ps if on only jon rudkin and beaglehole had not put our first teamers in the u21s we could of been national champions too.

lol

You make me laugh, honestly, I read that and smiled. You call me an "idiot" yet you lack a basic understanding of commas, oh yes, you put a space between the word 'lads' and a comma.

Let us take a moment to focus on how utterly moronic that is. To give you some context, most people are able to correctly use a comma at four years of age.

Now aside from that little intelligence debate (which I think it's fair to say I've completely trounced you at), I said that we don't have a striker in the youth team better than Nugent or Wood - Now are you trying to tell me you'd rather have Panayioutou playing 40 games a season than Wood? If that is your opinion then you'll find very few people who agree with you.

I admit that I exaggerated by using the word "crappy" but Villa and Newcastle's U21s will not be better than Championship sides, I can tell you that now. Well done to our lads for beating them but it absolutely does not prove that they are capable of playing first team football yet. And just a word of warning, don't try and call me an idiot again, I think you've proven yourself to be far less intellectually capable than myself and I don't care how arrogant or insulting that sounds.

And a word on me as a fan, I'm one of the least pessimistic people one here you'll find and certainly not the type of fan who "deserves the shite they get served up every week" that you're thinking of. And btw, I don't think we're shite as you seem to.

Sorry about the essay.  :P

A fine achievement.

Bear in mind this was a young squad.

Hopper and Panayioutou have already had a brief taste of 1st team action,Taft had a squad number this season.Remember Liam Moore was part of last years HK7 squad and played 16 or 17 games.

Well done Jon Rudkin,Steve Beaglehole and the squad!

Bloody hell lol:rolleyes:

lol

You make me laugh, honestly, I read that and smiled. You call me an "idiot" yet you lack a basic understanding of commas, oh yes, you put a space between the word 'lads' and a comma.

Let us take a moment to focus on how utterly moronic that is. To give you some context, most people are able to correctly use a comma at four years of age.

Now aside from that little intelligence debate (which I think it's fair to say I've completely trounced you at), I said that we don't have a striker in the youth team better than Nugent or Wood - Now are you trying to tell me you'd rather have Panayioutou playing 40 games a season than Wood? If that is your opinion then you'll find very few people who agree with you.

I admit that I exaggerated by using the word "crappy" but Villa and Newcastle's U21s will not be better than Championship sides, I can tell you that now. Well done to our lads for beating them but it absolutely does not prove that they are capable of playing first team football yet. And just a word of warning, don't try and call me an idiot again, I think you've proven yourself to be far less intellectually capable than myself and I don't care how arrogant or insulting that sounds.

And a word on me as a fan, I'm one of the least pessimistic people one here you'll find and certainly not the type of fan who "deserves the shite they get served up every week" that you're thinking of. And btw, I don't think we're shite as you seem to.

Sorry about the essay. :P

To be an "idiot" is not all to do with IQ,grammar,spelling or the use of punctuation..or lack of..people can be "idiots" by their actions or reactions.

Maybe you do have a higher IQ than some people,but to slate someone..(who has posted a positive comment about a great result for LCFC)..just because of punctuation,then to go on and brag about your superior intellect is in my opinion,an idiotic thing to do..and you should know better.

There were a few "errors" in your posts..but that proves you are human,just like the rest of us.

As I've said,a great result for LCFC.Maybe they aren't ready for the 1st team,maybe some might get a chance one way or another..either way it's a good thing for the lads.

To be an "idiot" is not all to do with IQ,grammar,spelling or the use of punctuation..or lack of..people can be "idiots" by their actions or reactions.

Maybe you do have a higher IQ than some people,but to slate someone..(who has posted a positive comment about a great result for LCFC)..just because of punctuation,then to go on and brag about your superior intellect is in my opinion,an idiotic thing to do..and you should know better.

There were a few "errors" in your posts..but that proves you are human,just like the rest of us.

As I've said,a great result for LCFC.Maybe they aren't ready for the 1st team,maybe some might get a chance one way or another..either way it's a good thing for the lads.

I don't particularly care about his intelligence I must say. It's just that he annoyed me with his comments so I thought I'd give some back.

It's worth noting that my original post was very far from idiotic, even so what I said was probably unfair but I didn't think much of it at the time. Heat of the moment kind of thing.

I'm here in Hong Kong with work, was having a drink in The Dickens Bar at the Excelsior Hotel in Causeway Bay watching the GP last night when 3 young guys in LCFC shirts rushed into the bar and necked 2 pints each in around  60 seconds and rushed out again. Had to smile as it was obvious by their behaviour they were breaking rules but hey-ho.

Later on in the Wan Chai area the bars were heaving with young football players, ours included I'm afraid, with what I can only describe as appalling attitudes in the vein of "Look at us, we have already made it" Their behaviour was that of cockyness and arrogance and their treatment of the mainly Philipino waitresses was pretty disgusting. I must add that our players were by far not the worst behaved. Think Premiership!

A lot of the lads/teams were all mixing with each other but the goading, chants and rivalry pretty much spilling over and not nice to watch with the attitude of these guys the most ugly to see. I know you have to have confidence to play football but this is sheer arrogance and the drinking/partying is what I'd expect of fans not players. 

I was watching Teddy Sherringham and Viv Anderson who are here for commentating purposes (Was reliably told that TS and Peter Beardsly both missed their duties on one game thro being too hungover) to guage their reaction to what was going on but I guess it may just be the norm as they just carried on drinking too.

A certain VERY high profile premiership referee is also here and for saying he has a wedding ring on is very much "Up to no good" doing his damnest to pull BA hostesses of which he got a result on Saturday night but was chasing another one of two last night. I chatted to him briefly and told him I was an LCFC supporter and was still in mourning to which he replied "I can't stand your arrogant manager"

So if it comes from the top and from those in official positions I guess you can't blame these young players for their attitudes. Just a shame to witness it. 

They won the tournament, their league, it's end of season... I'm sure they would be allowed out at the end of the tournament... Think you need to get a life and get out more, they were obviously happy with winning the tournament being the only championship team there

Nothing to do with the tournament Alan726, I'm talking about behaviours.

As for "Getting out more" I think you will find that I was "Out" I couldn't have been more OUT if I tried. I'm OUT here in Hong Kong and I was OUT at the final. I was OUT and about last night, and I'm heading OUT again in a while AND for your info, I have a FANTASTIC life. Are/were you here in Hong Kong showing your support? I guess not! Would you like to be? I guess so! Now who has the life? Go figure!

Over and OUT!

Yes I am here in Hong Kong. Watched every game. The young lads done brilliant, believe me ? Ill go into more detail if you want? I was also out as well watching the behaviour from the first 2 bars in Wan Chai and in LAN Kwai Fon, as for the chanting that was friendly banter. Most players from all teams get on very well and in my opinion they caused no trouble, they are a young group of lads who won the tournament very impressivly with a younger and less experienced squad than most of the teams out here and quite frankly I think this topic is pointless if your picking up on things like this

Archived