Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Bad news coming out of the club

This. It's no surprise surely. Not when we have players kike beckford and Danns on our books still.

Is it true that Beckford is on 30k (Svens signing) and Knockaert 5k?

Very astute Sir Sven

Sir Neville, Sir Andrew Neville. He's the one who drew up the contracts, offered the wages, signed the cheques. FFS.  :rolleyes:

This. It's no surprise surely. Not when we have players kike beckford and Danns on our books still.

Is it true that Beckford is on 30k (Svens signing) and Knockaert 5k?

Very astute Sir Sven

Said it before and saying it again.

The 'Sven Revolution' was a major major Fook up from start to finish and we are still picking up all the pieces of a daft mess. Fans favourite Jermaine still has two years left on his ridiculous contract I believe.

And some still mourn Sven's departure.

Utterly utterly unbelievable.

Nigel's net spend was about 1.5 million for the season just gone. He systematically removed high earners and continues to do so. So in a sense the money has already 'ran out', because even if we had it, we couldn't spend it.

In my view, for a club of our size, we can't be a million miles from being within the FFP limits for next season. We only have a handul of high earners left, and they don't earn that much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Neville is meeting with the owners and that he will be discussing finances. Seem completely par for the course for me. No need to worry, nothing has changed.

For anyone who still doesn't understand FFP, http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/88537-ffp-explained/?p=2611965

I know it's two minute's worth of reading and only nerds read but seriously if you care enough to comment about FFP, at least understand the first fooking thing about it.

End of the day our owners are not in the same league financially as Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour so this news, if true, isn't surprising. £100 million invested in a football club I would guess is pocket money to the owners of Chelsea and Man City but to our Thai owners, a lot more than they probably planned. Hence Pearson stays.

Sir Neville, Sir Andrew Neville. He's the one who drew up the contracts, offered the wages, signed the cheques. FFS.  :rolleyes:

This season I presume you mean? Struggling to see which side of the fence you're on with these two posts?

Taxi for Beckford, Danns, Gallagher, Wellens, Konch and perhaps even Nugent if his wages really are too high.

Really???!

This season I presume you mean? Struggling to see which side of the fence you're on with these two posts?

Really???!

No I wasn't referring to this season. The season with Sven in charge. You made the inferred claim that due to Sven's astute contract negotiations that we are up shit creek. The individual that needs a kick up the hole is the very person supposedly flitting off to Thailand, after Pearson and co have tried to reduce the fookin mess he's managed to pile upon the club. Though saying all that the owners signed off his capitulation of our finances. 

Really???!

For what its worth, I don't think Konch has been half as bad this season as some have made out, and still think he's of value to our squad, but if his wages are really high, we can certainly get a cheaper, younger alternative who is at least as effective as Konchy. Same applies to Nugent although I feel Nugent is significantly less replaceable.

No I wasn't referring to this season. The season with Sven in charge. You made the inferred claim that due to Sven's astute contract negotiations that we are up shit creek. The individual that needs a kick up the hole is the very person supposedly flitting off to Thailand, after Pearson and co have tried to reduce the fookin mess he's managed to pile upon the club. Though saying all that the owners signed off his capitulation of our finances. 

Fair one, but yes as you say the owners would have had the final say on salary negotiations surely. I also meant astute in the way that Pearson has knack of singing relatively unheard of players- in some examples completely unheard of players, who want less money due to be being unproven. The majority of these signings turn out to be bargains. Had Sven and his backroom staff had one iota about talent spotting (no pun intended there Sven!) they may have made some equally astute signings as NP and his backroom staff for a lot less Wonga!

Who says we have to sell!, who says we have to buy! I mean can't we stick with what we've got. Kasper, Morgan, St Ledger, Whitbread, Knocky, Konchesky, Schlupp, Wood, Nugent, Dyer, Moore, King, Drinkwater, Logan, Gallagher, Marshall, James, De Laet, Vardy :( & young tom hopper. Plus we've got Beckford & Danns returning on loan. Lets just stick what we've got, this is still a good enough, Danns can fill in that experience head in midfield that we need. Beckford can be that extra striker option, time for Pearson test and try new things. 

Financially, not getting promotion in either of the past two seasons has been disastrous.

I honestly don't think we'd had a better chance to go up for years and have failed twice.

I say this in all sincerity, the money thrown at this aim is completely unsustainable and I wouldn't be surprised to see us in this division for many more years.

Sadly Col I think you're about right

For what its worth, I don't think Konch has been half as bad this season as some have made out, and still think he's of value to our squad, but if his wages are really high, we can certainly get a cheaper, younger alternative who is at least as effective as Konchy. Same applies to Nugent although I feel Nugent is significantly less replaceable.

I'd say that's a fairer explanation. This Konchesky bandwagon has been utterly ridiculous. Nugent for me is irreplaceable considering he came on a free.

The problem in replacing them though is they're old heads. Konchesky in particular has been around the block with some very good teams and allowing a younger replacement in would lessen our experience and the number of 'old heads' we have in the squad- something that most people agree is essential when aiming for promotion. (you could say part of this seasons capitulation was down to inexperience)

Fair one, but yes as you say the owners would have had the final say on salary negotiations surely. I also meant astute in the way that Pearson has knack of singing relatively unheard of players- in some examples completely unheard of players, who want less money due to be being unproven. The majority of these signings turn out to be bargains. Had Sven and his backroom staff had one iota about talent spotting (no pun intended there Sven!) they may have made some equally astute signings as NP and his backroom staff for a lot less Wonga!

Are we all so sure that our owners didn't say to Sven, we want Prem players, big name players? Sven was always on a arse kicking financially. How many times did our owners go in the media and tell everyone and sundry that we Sven had £10m to spend, or more if he wanted it, and money to bring players in wasn't an issue. Numerous is the answer.

Neville whether or not under the aforementioned pressure of an openly discussed endless budget, didn't have balls to say no, and rolled over to plenty of the players greed, and therefore we've got a bill, which we'll be paying for more years to come.

Who says we have to sell!, who says we have to buy! I mean can't we stick with what we've got. Kasper, Morgan, St Ledger, Whitbread, Knocky, Konchesky, Schlupp, Wood, Nugent, Dyer, Moore, King, Drinkwater, Logan, Gallagher, Marshall, James, De Laet, Vardy :( & young tom hopper. Plus we've got Beckford & Danns returning on loan. Lets just stick what we've got, this is still a good enough, Danns can fill in that experience head in midfield that we need. Beckford can be that extra striker option, time for Pearson test and try new things. 

I'd agree with this actually. The players will be one year older and wiser. I'd still get rid of Beckford and Danns though.

I'd agree with this actually. The players will be one year older and wiser. I'd still get rid of Beckford and Danns though.

Agreed, Beckford and Danns have to go. Either they don't want to play for us or don't get on with Pearson. Whether fans like it or not Pearson will be our manager next season and I think will be the best option for the belt-tightening of the clubs finances thats gonna happen. For the record i'm glad Pearson is staying.

Well, isn't it standard procedure when you want to run a business properly to get rid of overpriced an expensive assets asap?

Ashley, I believe in its core your story is true, but either you're reading too much into it or your "contact" has a tendency of over-dramatizing the most simple of business affairs.

We need a first team squad of around 20-25 players. They should be near enough be together all the time. Training social eating etc. The first team should include any of them so they should know each others strengths and weaknesses blindfolded. No falling out. They are not wanted if they do.

If all this is possible it will end with success.

Archived