Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Is the City of Leicester a dump?

18/20 

Never woken up on a sunny day and thought about going Skeggy. Didn't realise it was such a thing. Went with Cromer as that is where I have been the most.

I have never seen the Leicester statue of liberty in my life lol - luckily Ranieri not having a statue is a great injustice that still lingers in my mind. 

19/20. Never called an Alley a Jitty. Growing up in New Parks there was an Alley cutting through the heart of New Parks to Glenfield called Black Alley. A proper scary place at night and legend has it that the witch Black Annis lived there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lgfualol said:

18/20 

Never woken up on a sunny day and thought about going Skeggy. Didn't realise it was such a thing. Went with Cromer as that is where I have been the most.

I have never seen the Leicester statue of liberty in my life lol - luckily Ranieri not having a statue is a great injustice that still lingers in my mind. 

I've never had an urge to go Skeggy, but the link between Leicester and Skeggy is well known. 

If you leave the King Power and head towards the old Filbert Street. Keep going until you get to the roundabout at the end of that road. The statue is on that traffic island. The building next to it used to be the Liberty Shoe factory and the statue stood on top.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I got jitty because I assumed that's what they'd be getting at. But to me a jitty is a passage between two terrace houses, what's in the picture on a quiz is an alley.

I’ve always known jitty as any narrow urban passing to be honest

• Like 1

Yeah it’s Jitty first and foremost for me. Also use entry, ally, pad on occasion but only when somebody doesn’t understand what I mean when I say jitty, in hope they’ll recognise one lol 

Ginell and Snicket are the northern equivalents.