Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Miguel Vitor

In part with a genuine hope that it will work, part curiosity in seeing how far it could go, and part just with the aim of putting the idea on the table, I started a petition of the supporters to the Club, to at least consider the possibility of resigning Miguel Vitor. Looking at what has been said about him, particularly on the evening of the Europa League Final where I was seeing and receiving comments about him from fans who do not post on FoxesTalk as far as I am aware, there is a fairly widespread feeling that Miguel would make an excellent addition to the playing staff, and as he is now a free agent, we can't have much to lose surely?

You can sign the petition here: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/the-executive-management-of-leicester-city-football-club-attempt-to-sign-former-leicester-city-loanee-miguel-vitor-on-a-permanent-basis

What's left at the moment is the filling of a few details, most importantly at whom to aim the petition. There is space for two petitionees, with an email address needed for each. With this email address, both petitionees will be notified every time somebody signs the petition. I thought Andrew Neville and Whelan, anybody know an email address they might monitor? Or failing that, two appropriate email addresses at the Club to use?

Any feedback on the wording of the petition etc is also welcome.

In part with a genuine hope that it will work, part curiosity in seeing how far it could go, and part just with the aim of putting the idea on the table, I started a petition of the supporters to the Club, to at least consider the possibility of resigning Miguel Vitor. Looking at what has been said about him, particularly on the evening of the Europa League Final where I was seeing and receiving comments about him from fans who do not post on FoxesTalk as far as I am aware, there is a fairly widespread feeling that Miguel would make an excellent addition to the playing staff, and as he is now a free agent, we can't have much to lose surely?

You can sign the petition here: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/the-executive-management-of-leicester-city-football-club-attempt-to-sign-former-leicester-city-loanee-miguel-vitor-on-a-permanent-basis

What's left at the moment is the filling of a few details, most importantly at whom to aim the petition. There is space for two petitionees, with an email address needed for each. With this email address, both petitionees will be notified every time somebody signs the petition. I thought Andrew Neville and Whelan, anybody know an email address they might monitor? Or failing that, two appropriate email addresses at the Club to use?

Over rated! Take off your rosé tinted glasses.

You can sign the petition here: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/the-executive-management-of-leicester-city-football-club-attempt-to-sign-former-leicester-city-loanee-miguel-vitor-on-a-permanent-basis

Good work pal. Would love Vitor back!

No thanks, another average player who suddenly turns amazing when you haven't watched him for a few years.

Was he really that good? I don't remember it that way.

:o

:o

I'm not saying he was a bad player, I just didn't think he was anything exceptional, not worth the hype he's getting IMO. I certainly feel Naughton was more deserving of this kind of love than Vitor yet poor Kyle isn't even getting a mention!

PS - I love you Kyle!

Worth sending to the Birch? He is the club's ambassador after all, so he should relay anything like this to the people who make the decisions..

Any idea of his contact details at the Club? Need email addresses to direct the petition at.

Cringe.

I thought that as well, but I'm not really taking it that seriously in all honesty. Actually provides something of a platform for the beginnings of my desired career in a way, so I went ahead with it. If you're too cool for school, don't sign it.

I'm sure Nigel will listen to a petition. In fact I've no doubt he may offer you a position within his scouting staff. Well done you, I can't believe no one has petitioned about signings before.

Even putting the idea on the table, gaining recognition from one prominent member of the Club is success enough for me. If the staff were to take a look at the guy its a great success. He has played for us before and looked very promising at Championship level. We need a CB. Nobody is expecting us to sign him as the Club's top earner by tomorrow morning. I'd say giving him a trial off the back of this isn't all that unrealistic, if he is interested of course.

I'm not saying he was a bad player, I just didn't think he was anything exceptional, not worth the hype he's getting IMO. I certainly feel Naughton was more deserving of this kind of love than Vitor yet poor Kyle isn't even getting a mention!

PS - I love you Kyle!

He was, but there was never a chance of signing him, and it appears he is still in the frame at Spurs now. Vitor is a free agent now, got to be worth a trial surely?

This is getting ridiculous. I'm sure Nige is aware of Miguel's availability and this petition will change jack shit.

Also, Benfica are a big club (I think they're the European club of choice for most Brazilians) so Vitor would be used to the kind of wages we can't offer. I'm willing to bet he won't be short of trial offers,too.

You are all a disgrace.

Vitor is more of a realistic get than Kyle Naughton, he is a free agent so will definitely go elsewhere.

So why not try and bring him back to Leicester?

I'm sure Nigel will listen to a petition. In fact I've no doubt he may offer you a position within his scouting staff. Well done you, I can't believe no one has petitioned about signings before.

I sense sarcasm

No thanks, another average player who suddenly turns amazing when you haven't watched him for a few years.

So you've watched him for a few years?

The guy came through the Benfica ranks, one of Europe's best addresses for developing youngsters and has hardly had a chance to shine so far.

On what basis are you coming to your own assumptions?

Archived