Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2013/14 Stuff it in here!

Seems we are trying to get the deal for Lallana all sorted before England leave for Brazil, £20 million.

would be a quality addition to your squad but would be surprised if Southampton did the business before the world cup. If you sign Lallana and some more quality to sure up your defence i dont see a reason why Liverpool cant challenge next season

Why would you be surprised? Lallana clearly seems to want to leave, surely Southampton would rather lose him sooner rather than later, so they can re-invest the £20 million straight away than a summer of not knowing what is going to happen. 

Yeah he is a good addition, interesting to see what Rodgers does with him, can see him being in a midfield three with Gerrard and Henderson next season. Konoplyanka is meant to be tied up pretty soon as well, again which is good business! 

I think we will be challenging again next season, people keep on telling me Spurs, Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea and Man City will all be stronger, so? Are Liverpool permitted from not bringing players in through the summer or something? We have money to spend, we have a title challenging group of players as it is and we will be adding I believe quality throughout the summer! The first three teams I mentioned are chasing us, not the other way around. 

Why would you be surprised? Lallana clearly seems to want to leave, surely Southampton would rather lose him sooner rather than later, so they can re-invest the £20 million straight away than a summer of not knowing what is going to happen. 

Yeah he is a good addition, interesting to see what Rodgers does with him, can see him being in a midfield three with Gerrard and Henderson next season. Konoplyanka is meant to be tied up pretty soon as well, again which is good business! 

I think we will be challenging again next season, people keep on telling me Spurs, Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea and Man City will all be stronger, so? Are Liverpool permitted from not bringing players in through the summer or something? We have money to spend, we have a title challenging group of players as it is and we will be adding I believe quality throughout the summer! The first three teams I mentioned are chasing us, not the other way around. 

Well the World Cup finishes mid July so if England were to make the final (surely not) that would still give Southampton 6 weeks to sell the player at a larger price if he was to have an amazing campaign. Then again if he was to suffer a horror injury then Southampton would lose out on the sale of him so there pros and cons either way. Personally i think they would take the risk and wait until after the world cup before selling hoping for a larger fee. That 20M could potentially go up to 30M.

I agree that the other teams are certainly chasing you now. So many people saying this season is there only chance of winning the league. i wouldnt be at all surprised if Liverpool are right up there challenging next season

Cos if Southampton wait til after the World Cup, his value could increase. England caps mean something. England caps in the World Cup mean something else. Value shoots up with those on your books as well as being a decent player to begin with.

I don't think they'd be worried about re-investing straight away, either.

Cos if Southampton wait til after the World Cup, his value could increase. England caps mean something. England caps in the World Cup mean something else. Value shoots up with those on your books as well as being a decent player to begin with.

I don't think they'd be worried about re-investing straight away, either.

Yeah, you're right mate, more incentive for us I guess to wrap Lallana up now. 

Guest MattP

Are Liverpool actually going to buy some players in positions that has cost them the league?

Lallana and Klop are talented players no doubt but they are going to top 100 goals. The attacking output is clearly already world class.

Replacing donkeys like Sakho and Johnson should be the priority, the former looks like the stereotypical bungling African who in terms of techinque would struggle at Sunday league and Johnson is Johnson.

Not pretending I've watched Liverpool every week but from what I have seen a new centre back to go next to Skrtel and a new left back is top priority. (I really rate Flanagan and would put him at RB)

Are Liverpool actually going to buy some players in positions that has cost them the league?

Lallana and Klop are talented players no doubt but they are going to top 100 goals. The attacking output is clearly already world class.

Replacing donkeys like Sakho and Johnson should be the priority, the former looks like the stereotypical bungling African who in terms of techinque would struggle at Sunday league and Johnson is Johnson.

Not pretending I've watched Liverpool every week but from what I have seen a new centre back to go next to Skrtel and a new left back is top priority. (I really rate Flanagan and would put him at RB)

Well they're getting rid of Toure which is a start! Apparently 'Arry wants him if they go up lol lol. He never learns.

I don't know why Rodgers doesn't play Agger with Skrtel.

Isn't Flanagan left-footed? Keep him at LB surely? Schmelzer (Dortmund LB) could be a target so Flanagan might end up at RB anyway. Can't see them getting rid of Johnson though.

Well they're getting rid of Toure which is a start! Apparently 'Arry wants him if they go up lol lol. He never learns.

Isn't Flanagan left-footed? Keep him at LB surely? Schmelzer (Dortmund LB) could be a target so Flanagan might end up at RB anyway. Can't see them getting rid of Johnson though.

I know we wouldn't be interested because wage.

But IMO Toure would be a good addition.

True he makes the odd blunder, but he's been there and done it and would add valuable experience and quality to a Leicester side that lacks the experience.

What's Rodger's position on Allen these days?

Good mate, I really like Joe Allen and when he came back into the side alongside Henderson and Gerrard, he was brilliant, his problem is going to be if Lallana comes in then it will be a straight shootout between Lallana and Coutinho for the other midfield spot.

You may all laugh and find this funny but I honestly think Rodgers is going to have Joe Allen in the Gerrard role, that deep lying midfielder for us who will control the game, Allen did that last season at the start and was our best player up until his injury last season. Gerrard isn't going to move position again now, but with more fixtures and a busier schedule I fully expect to see Allen playing that role throughout the season when Gerrard can't. 

Allen is an exceptionally good footballer for me, he is a midfielder who can play in a number of positions at a good level. 

Thank God, Toure was meant to come in and be the Carragher replacement, unfortunately didn't workout, Kolo started the season pretty well, I remember being worried when we beat Notts County in the League Cup, Kolo got injured and I was worried that Skrtel would play. Since that game Skrtel has played every game this season and has been fantastic. 

Unsure what's gone on with Agger, Rodgers made him vice-captain at the start of the season but seems to be to lightweight. With Skrtel signing a new deal, I think Agger may leave in the summer, really hope not though.

Yeah, we'll strengthen in defence, we have too! 

Complete myth about Sakho being a donkey though, he hasn't put a single foot wrong this season for Liverpool, he just isn't commanding enough, for the sizes of the pair of them, Sakho and Skrtel don't command the back line and they certainly don't strike fear into many strike forces. I think next season mate you will have a different opinion on Sakho. 

Flanaldo would be my right back as well, love the lad and for once we have another local lad who has come through with quality. Johnson apparently wants to go to Spain and play and by all means he can go! The worrying thing is though, he is still the best right back this country has, he is still better than Kyle Walker. 

ACKJ, I'd rather not have Toure. As mentioned above, he hasn't delivered upon expectation. I know we'd like experience, but there must be others out there that could do better and still provide that experience.

Apparently Agger is going to Barcelona. I think he could be a good fit there.

ACKJ, I'd rather not have Toure. As mentioned above, he hasn't delivered upon expectation. I know we'd like experience, but there must be others out there that could do better and still provide that experience.

Apparently Agger is going to Barcelona. I think he could be a good fit there.

And Kolo wouldn't be signing for anyone for less than 50,000 a week, them idiots in London would be more than happy to spend that a week on Toure. 

Agger has been linked with them for a few seasons now, we have been watching Pedro for a while apparently so that would work for me. :whistle:

Guest MattP
Yeah, we'll strengthen in defence, we have too! 

Complete myth about Sakho being a donkey though, he hasn't put a single foot wrong this season for Liverpool, he just isn't commanding enough, for the sizes of the pair of them, Sakho and Skrtel don't command the back line and they certainly don't strike fear into many strike forces. I think next season mate you will have a different opinion on Sakho. 

Flanaldo would be my right back as well, love the lad and for once we have another local lad who has come through with quality. Johnson apparently wants to go to Spain and play and by all means he can go! The worrying thing is though, he is still the best right back this country has, he is still better than Kyle Walker. 

Fair enough, as I said I can only go on the 9-10 games I've seen and Sakho hasn't really stood out to me at all and has come across as really clumsy. Would you replace Skrtel then? He's the one of the pair I actually think highly of.

Johnson is still the best RB in the country, and when you have Shaw, Baines, Flanagan and Cole fighting for LB that's so depressing it's unreal.

Fair enough, as I said I can only go on the 9-10 games I've seen and Sakho hasn't really stood out to me at all and has come across as really clumsy. Would you replace Skrtel then? He's the one of the pair I actually think highly of.

Johnson is still the best RB in the country, and when you have Shaw, Baines, Flanagan and Cole fighting for LB that's so depressing it's unreal.

I would keep Skrtel and I would have Sakho as the replacement centre back, I am going on what Rodgers will do though, he clearly favours Sakho ahead of Agger and spent big money on him last summer. Giving Skrtel a new deal is weird, we need two new centre halves and one of Agger or Skrtel need to be moved on. Seems Agger is worth more and will attract bigger clubs. 

Yeah, it is depressing, I think I said it in this thread a few pages back, if Jose Enrique had been fit then I seriously think Flanagan would of been our first choice right back this season and would be going to the World Cup as the number one right back. 

i've had three separate people who i am 99% sure don't know each other all come into our bookies asking for odds on agger leaving this summer. 

whether they're just interested or have heard word on the street i dunno but make of that what you will. 

he'll have landed on his feet if he ends up at barca tho!

i've had three separate people who i am 99% sure don't know each other all come into our bookies asking for odds on agger leaving this summer. 

whether they're just interested or have heard word on the street i dunno but make of that what you will. 

he'll have landed on his feet if he ends up at barca tho!

Barcelona will suit him down to the ground, not too physical and can play the ball around, he is exceptionally good on the ball. 

I would be quite sad to see Agger leave Liverpool, if he didn't suffer with so many injuries in his early days at Liverpool he would of racked up a hell of a lot more appearances for us over the years. Only 174 appearances in 8 years with us, not great that for a centre back who hasn't had much competition for a starting place, when he first came he didn't get in because we had Sami Hyypia, imagine if we had him this season? Be all sewn up by now. What. A. Player.

If we could get anywhere from £10-15 million for him then it will have been good business. 

Archived