Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Electricity Sports 1960

No so Magnificent 7 to go

I don't think he's as good as some make out, we were shocking defensively in the second half of the season.  Bearing in mind some of our recent player of the year awards have gone to Steve Howard, Richie Wellens, Iain Hume, Richard Stearman, Danny Tiatto & Joey Gudjonsson I wouldn't say it's a glittering prize.

We still had the 3rd best defence in the league and Morgan was unbelievable in the 1st half of the season. Take in to consideration he was named in Team of the year and that's not the first time he's been in it either. He got named in it when at Forest too, in a side that also had a very good defence. He's proven quality at this level, it would be scandalous to get rid of him, you only need to look at how bad we were defensively under Sven. Check the goals conceded from before Morgan and after Morgan, he's made a big difference.

Wow, just Wow

He can't pass, can't cross, his second touch is usually an attempt at tackling as his first touch is none existent, he can't shoot, has no bottle, all in all a dreadful footballer in my opinion.

It is little wonder we remain a Championship side when have such a sub standard footballer in our first team.  Fourteen assists in over 150 game at this level is a frankly embarrassing return for an alleged winger.

We still had the 3rd best defence in the league and Morgan was unbelievable in the 1st half of the season. Take in to consideration he was named in Team of the year and that's not the first time he's been in it either. He got named in it when at Forest too, in a side that also had a very good defence. He's proven quality at this level, it would be scandalous to get rid of him, you only need to look at how bad we were defensively under Sven. Check the goals conceded from before Morgan and after Morgan, he's made a big difference.

Again none of that means jack diddly, Morgan is a championship footballer.  He marshaled our defense and for 26 games this year, so not a small sample and we managed 6 clean sheets.  People say we had the best defense in the league when we got relegated to league 1, clearly we didn't.

He is not the worst we have had, but nor is he the best and if he were as good as some make out I am sure he'd have played top flight football by now.  Again I am not that bothered if he stays or goes.

He can't pass, can't cross, his second touch is usually an attempt at tackling as his first touch is none existent, he can't shoot, has no bottle, all in all a dreadful footballer in my opinion.

It is little wonder we remain a Championship side when have such a sub standard footballer in our first team.  Fourteen assists in over 150 game at this level is a frankly embarrassing return for an alleged winger.

Sorry I thought you were talking about Chris Wood ? he ticks all those box's too.

Again none of that means jack diddly, Morgan is a championship footballer. He marshaled our defense and for 26 games this year, so not a small sample and we managed 6 clean sheets. People say we had the best defense in the league when we got relegated to league 1, clearly we didn't.

He is not the worst we have had, but nor is he the best and if he were as good as some make out I am sure he'd have played top flight football by now. Again I am not that bothered if he stays or goes.

We did have one of the best defensive records when we got relegated, we just couldn't score in a brothel.

Dyer is a truly dreadful footballer, one of the worst I have ever seen in a City shirt, if it were not for Junior Lewis he would be the worst, and that takes some doing when you think of the dross we've seen over the last decade.

Our defense was dreadful, 6 clean sheets in 26 games in 2013, 3 of them were in January, 2 in February and then we managed 1 in the whole of March, April and May.  So yes I am not that impressed by Morgan or any of the defenders.

Look-at-Me1.jpg

Don't feel we'd need to let him go for £1M, better to risk him going on a free at the end of the season. If he goes, we may have to pay for a new goalkeeper anyway, if he stays and we got promoted, the chances are he may sign a new deal. He's not perfect by any means but good enough for the Championship for another year, plus he's young and potentially worth more to us in the future. £2M+ and I could see the owners being tempted though, can't see them taking what is a first derisory offer though, if they did then it would send quite a signal regarding our finances I would suggest.

Fair enough, but I do feel that maybe our hands are tied on this one. It would have been nice if Kassper had signed a new deal with us, but as that hasn't happened it may well be a question of taking what we can.

It is little wonder we remain a Championship side when have such a sub standard footballer in our first team. Fourteen assists in over 150 game at this level is a frankly embarrassing return for an alleged winger.

He can't cross yet has 10 assists this season, the highest number in the team, for a 'dreadful footballer' who doesn't take set pieces that isn't bad at all.

Did you see Dyer score against Bolton this season?

Oh, you didn't.

Archived