Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Electricity Sports 1960

No so Magnificent 7 to go

Drinkwater= Useless unimaginative hoofer. Get rid asap.

Towards the end of the season, yes, I agree.

But at the start of the season, Drinkwater would drive with the ball and had the ability to dominate games, Sheffield Wednesday away as a great example.

His ability and/or attitude seems to have changed and he doesn't look like the player he was.

Drinkwater= Useless unimaginative hoofer. Get rid asap.

Of all the things you could accuse Drinkwater of being, you choose something that is absolutely nothing like him.

Well done :appl:

Agree with you on Vardy- looked good for the first few games. Then got injured and never regained form or confidence. If we're relying on him to get us a bag load of goals at this level I'm not so sure, but I do think we will keep him and he will get opportunities.

Disagree on Futacs- he's hopeless I'm afraid. No way he will feature next season

You say that about Futacs but he hardly played for us last season at all that I know of and he looked Pompey's best player on the park the season before against us at KP - when we struggled to a 1-1 draw at home against the team to eventually be relegated from the Championship at the end of that season of course! I'm certainly not saying he's the best thing since the dawn of time by any means but you get the familiar age old feeling that if we sold him on to another club in our division that he'd then fully realise his potential and come back to haunt us! Given more time and a decent run in the team then he could possibly be a lot better than people are giving him/gave him credit for! The fact that he seems to be on the retained list for next season perhaps further underlines that fact........

You say that about Futacs but he hardly played for us last season at all that I know of and he looked Pompey's best player on the park the season before against us at KP - when we struggled to a 1-1 draw at home against the team to eventually be relegated from the Championship at the end of that season of course! I'm certainly not saying he's the best thing since the dawn of time by any means but you get the familiar age old feeling that if we sold him on to another club in our division that he'd then fully realise his potential and come back to haunt us! Given more time and a decent run in the team then he could possibly be a lot better than people are giving him/gave him credit for! The fact that he seems to be on the retained list for next season perhaps further underlines that fact........

Believe me Futacs is bloody awful! For his height can't even win a header should be long gone from our club another player who should never have been brought by us absolutely shocking......

Believe me Futacs is bloody awful! For his height can't even win a header should be long gone from our club another player who should never have been brought by us absolutely shocking......

He's not that bad . . . . . :whistle:

He's not that bad . . . . . :whistle:

You say that about Futacs but he hardly played for us last season at all that I know of and he looked Pompey's best player on the park the season before against us at KP - when we struggled to a 1-1 draw at home against the team to eventually be relegated from the Championship at the end of that season of course! I'm certainly not saying he's the best thing since the dawn of time by any means but you get the familiar age old feeling that if we sold him on to another club in our division that he'd then fully realise his potential and come back to haunt us! Given more time and a decent run in the team then he could possibly be a lot better than people are giving him/gave him credit for! The fact that he seems to be on the retained list for next season perhaps further underlines that fact........

He went to Blackpool and couldn't get a game, the guy is crap mate or he would have made more appearances.

ARGH ffs doesn't anybody want these twats? They're not that shit. Can't we offer to help the buying team with the wages for a bit or something?

Overpaid and priced out of a lot of club's who be interested budget I'd guess.

Overpaid and priced out of a lot of club's who be interested budget I'd guess.

Expect to see a lot of them still here next season. Turning up to collect their ££ yet knowing they're not really wanted. 

Can you see Beckford / Danns etc "giving 200%" in a City shirt under these circumstances? 

No is the realists answer. 

My predicted final league position for the 2013-2014 season = 11th.

If we weren't able to invest because noone bought our castaways and therefore failed next season, would Pearson still get shot from the fans?

Yes, he's had 18 months to get rid of these players.

Expect to see a lot of them still here next season. Turning up to collect their ££ yet knowing they're not really wanted. 

Can you see Beckford / Danns etc "giving 200%" in a City shirt under these circumstances? 

200%??

That's a lot of 'pashun'

Does it mean you'll be over the moon should we finish 10th?

Nobody is going to want them on the wages that they are on, if we pay there contracts off they will sign ona free to other clubs on alot less wages having collected their payoff. If we keep them they wont give 100% and arent good enough anyway. May have to loan them out i cover some of their wages or use them as last resort backups (expcept drinkwater doubt he'll go unless he and pearsom have fell out)

What i don't get is we signed these players before ffp and now that the rules have changed, why are we still committed to honouring their contracts. Surely there must be a rule in ffp that allows a club to rewrite players' contracts to bring that contract into line with a club being self sustainable, especially in the interim period that changes over from the old system to the new. Another thing is there's going to be an awful lot of players that will suddenly find themselves without a club in the next couple of years because clubs will be looking to bring more academy players into the first team due to the club being able to dictate their wage. Could be the end of the journeymen era.

I remember approx 2 years ago the Forest owner (since died) said he could not understand what Leicester were doing and that we must be one of the few clubs who didnot know that the FFP were on the way and that we were storing up problems for the future.When I posted this no one agreed.People said the owners could offer the club a huge sponsership etc He was right and I fear that if we cannot get rid of the unwanted players it will be long hard season,with a mid-table finish. I then begin to wonder how long the owners will want to keep pumping money into a loss making club with little chance of being paid back.

Archived