Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Electricity Sports 1960

No so Magnificent 7 to go

Am I missing something or are we taking a news report as gospel?

We have to discuss it as if it is or it wouldn't be much of a thread. There's not much else to discuss at the moment. The story would have a bit more believability about it if it was Konchesky instead of Drinkwater and Futacs instead of Waghorn though

Really can't see why anybody's surprised at us wanting to get rid of drinkwater-having said that i only went to every home game and 11 away games this season and thought he was total shite. I must have missed something!

£1million!? Would want a bit more for him (or James Chester if they are willing to swap :whistle:)

I still doubt if anyone will take Beckford from us because of his wages. That may be a problem. Would like to see Danns, Waghorn and Gallagher go though. St Ledger is a good, solid player. Wages (and attitude?) maybe a problem though...

I'm surprised about Drinkwater. All the rest make total sense, but Drinkwater I find, is an odd one to be on the list.

It could be that if another midfielder is brought in Drinkwater then finds his us 4th choice for the two middle spots so could struggle to even make the bench, then again it could be just a poorly researched article.

You'd get rid of Wes Morgan?!

I don't think he's as good as some make out, we were shocking defensively in the second half of the season.  Bearing in mind some of our recent player of the year awards have gone to Steve Howard, Richie Wellens, Iain Hume, Richard Stearman, Danny Tiatto & Joey Gudjonsson I wouldn't say it's a glittering prize.

Other than King, Nugent, James and Kasper I would hound the rest of them out of town.

Rather depressingly Gallagher is not on that list and neither is Dyer  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Why would you want to sell Dyer?

I don't think he's as good as some make out, we were shocking defensively in the second half of the season.  Bearing in mind some of our recent player of the year awards have gone to Steve Howard, Richie Wellens, Iain Hume, Richard Stearman, Danny Tiatto & Joey Gudjonsson I wouldn't say it's a glittering prize.

Our defense wasn't shocking, our strikers were

Where as we would hope for more, if he has only 12 months left then we might have to take what is offered

Don't feel we'd need to let him go for £1M, better to risk him going on a free at the end of the season. If he goes, we may have to pay for a new goalkeeper anyway, if he stays and we got promoted, the chances are he may sign a new deal. He's not perfect by any means but good enough for the Championship for another year, plus he's young and potentially worth more to us in the future. £2M+ and I could see the owners being tempted though, can't see them taking what is a first derisory offer though, if they did then it would send quite a signal regarding our finances I would suggest.

Why would you want to sell Dyer?

Our defense wasn't shocking, our strikers were

Dyer is a truly dreadful footballer, one of the worst I have ever seen in a City shirt, if it were not for Junior Lewis he would be the worst, and that takes some doing when you think of the dross we've seen over the last decade.

Our defense was dreadful, 6 clean sheets in 26 games in 2013, 3 of them were in January, 2 in February and then we managed 1 in the whole of March, April and May.  So yes I am not that impressed by Morgan or any of the defenders.

Archived