Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Electricity Sports 1960

No so Magnificent 7 to go

Seems Logan, Witbread, Fuctas and Vardy may still have a "squad player" part to play next season

Getting clubs for the 7 players will be the hardest part....doubt they will take a chance on players we do not seem good enough for a promotion challenge as such.

And smaller clubs in this division wont accommodate their wage packets.

Think we will end up paying all of their contracts up.

If they really are bothered about playing first team football ... which i doubt some of them are ... *cough* BECKFORD *cough* ... then they will happily take a wage decrease to do so.

St Ledger needs game time to make it into the Ireland squad, so he'll take the cut, but to be honest, Trappatoni really has no alternatives does he?  lol

No he is not , he is a rubbish player who can't give a stuff about the club, we can do so much better, so glad he is hopefully being sold!!!!

Well that's me told. I forgot that you're not allowed an opinion

lol

Typical...

Drinkwater playing well... Good player, the future of the midfield, then not so well and suddenly he's shite and should never have been signed.

How do people feel about Vardy, Marshall, Wood... All started well, then suddenly became mere shadows of themselves?

Look closer to home.. Either they ARE all shite or it's how they are being managed and played that is the issue?

One or two of them going off the boil, I can understand.. Nearly all of them? Knocky included.. That smacks to me of a bigger problem.

Unlike some though, I'm happy with saying it...

No no no!!

lol

I said I rated Drinkwater and always did. He went off the boil, but then they pretty much all did.

I've consistently said I want a tactical change, with a DM sitting in behind the other two midfielders when away from home.

Someone like Digacoi (is that how's it spelt?) with James/King or Drinky playing in front of him would do me fine.

Drinky has also suffered IMO from the 4-4-2 when the game is getting away from us.

I'd like people to stop hurling blame at the players (they can't ALL have become shite overnight surely?) and start looking at how they are being played.

Near to Christmas time we got found out. Pearson didnt have the savvy to cope with this.

IMO.

As I said though, the likes of Beckford, Danns et al... Get rid ASAP.

Like you know yourself, I was starting to warm to Drinkwater from August to January last season, but from February his form dramatically changed. 

Drinkwater was doing just fine in a 4-4-2 at the start of the season, but struggled against the more physical teams, like you said before yourself. He went missing a lot, looked weak and couldn't get us ticking in midfield.

It was February so after Christmas(sorry just making a correction) where the likes of Drinkwater, Knockaert, Nugent and Wood started to go off the boil. We were still playing 4-4-2 with Drinkwater, but suddenly after playing so well, he ended up struggling to cope. Pearson changed his tactics though and played Drinkwater in a 4-3-3 and he still looked very poor, he got dropped we reverted back to 4-4-2 with King and James instead and it started to work, and they started to get stuck in more and control games, something which Drinky was failing to do from January-April when he first joined, then again January-April this season. 

Obviously?

And King hasn't been?

Absolute class? Really? I think you are somewhat overplaying how good they played.

It is obvious, if reports are true why transfer list him if he actually thinks Drinky is good enough?

King was inconsistent but since Pearson reverted to King & James the midfield actually improved, it did because fans on this forum were raving about it. James and King were getting praised for weeks, I'm not exaggerating, you surely seen yourself, how well King and James started to improve, get stuck in and control games more. Some people may not agree, but in my opinion the central of midfield was our best position at the back end of the season, it looked strong and it was pleasing to see. James made a massive difference, rated him from the first game of the season against Peterborough, could see the guy had that extra quality in his locker. One of the best midfielders in the Championship in my opinion, yet again you may think I'm exaggerating, but if he continues from where he left off from the season just got, then he will become a serious player for us.  

What about Vardy!?!?!?!?!?

He wont flog Vardy yet because A. He cost far too much and they would struggle to get 1/3 of the fee we paid. B. It would look like a really shit piece of business by Pearson (which it was) so better loan him out and look to shift him on after a better spell in the lower leagues.

If they really are bothered about playing first team football ... which i doubt some of them are ... *cough* BECKFORD *cough* ... then they will happily take a wage decrease to do so.

St Ledger needs game time to make it into the Ireland squad, so he'll take the cut, but to be honest, Trappatoni really has no alternatives does he? lol

I hope your right, and some/all do move on.

Can just see some of them training keeping reasonably fit, and picking up their wages for the remainder of the contracts.

True about the Ireland squad, which gives him more incentive to find regular first team football.

And here's some throat lozenges for the cough hehe

Drinkwater had also featured in all of City's league fixtures but missed out because of a chest infection.

"No doubt we missed Wes," said Pearson. "I would have liked to have thought we wouldn't have missed him as much but we did.

"Danny was close to being involved but, on the back of the fact we played a game relatively close to this one, I wanted to freshen it up.

"With injuries that is one thing, you can judge the risk factor a little bit more easily, but with a chest infection it is slightly different.

"He has been a very important playericon1.png for us this season and a player we can ill afford to lose through pushing him back too quickly."

Drinkwater? Surely not. Yeah he had a poor 2nd half of the season, but he is a young lad with plenty of potential. He'd definitely make a good squad player and I doubt he'll be on big wages.

Heard he was on a lot of money. Arrogant also.

Archived