Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Electricity Sports 1960

No so Magnificent 7 to go

If we offer him a new deal, on less money than he's on and he rejects it will we still get a fee for him? If we don't offer him a new deal, do we still get a fee? It's a strange one as he's worth money but it's evident we don't want him.

God knows, had been thinking that myself... I've lost track of all the transfer rules.

Col it is quite clear that Waghorn is not the required standard of player for a team aspiring for promotion likewise with Drinkwater as well they are not bad players but they aren't good enough.

Col it is quite clear that Waghorn is not the required standard of player for a team aspiring for promotion likewise with Drinkwater as well they are not bad players but they aren't good enough.

And neither are half our team considering our form without them even in the team.

You're all surprised at Drinkwater yet I bet most of you were moaning that our midfield was too lightweight when he played.

Actually I think I was quite happy up until the 2nd week of February.

Anyone happy to sell Drinkwater must be barmy.

The lad's got lots more to give for many years to come.

Again, stop blaming the players and start questioning some of the bizarre decisions and tactics of the beloved manager.

SSL, Danns, Konch, Beckford, Vardy, Futacs, Wellens, Gally.... I'd get rid of em like a shot.

But Drinkwater and Waggy would very much be part of a young and developing squad that I'd want to retain.

The forum is incredibly fickle. It was only a couple of months in that James was being slated as pretty much useless and Knocky as the best player we'd had in years.

How people's opinions of players change like the wind is beyond me.

Drinkwater suffered, like Marshall, Wood and Knocky due to a crisis of confidence in the team and due to some bizarre tactical decisions by Pearson. Does this make them crap players? No, of course it doesn't. It makes me question the manager more.

I like how you put "beloved" as a dig yet are quite happy to see him stay.

Why would you want someone who you question so often to remain in charge?

The player who i've been most disappointed with this season is Ben Marshall, whetehr that's Pearson's fault or Ben's, he's been horse muck. I hope Nigel knows what to do with him as it'd be a shame to see him not progress, i've no doubt he has the ability but Nigel's lack of imagination tactically cannot be helping. That said he excelled under Megson at Sheff Wed and he's a cretin.

Drinkwater? Surely not, he was one of our better players earlier in the season, however, King and James have come on a lot stronger than Drinky. Not sure why but Drinky looked a lot slower and less confident as the season went on. Less willing to play those killer passes he was playing earlier in the season, instead opting for the backwards option. I remember Drinky and Vardy raping Sunderland in pre-season and thinking that these two would set the Championship alight this year, unfortunately it wasn't to be :(

I like how you put "beloved" as a dig yet are quite happy to see him stay.

Why would you want someone who you question so often to remain in charge?

I've answered that lotsa times.

I have him two full seasons.. I believe that's a fair time to really put your stamp on a club.

I'm expecting Pearson to learn from his mistakes and most importantly, to set up a side that doesn't lose as many away from the KP.

Plus, there's no obvious alternatives at present IMO. No one jumps out as a clear candidate.

If Adkins was available I'd have snapped him up. But he's not.

One more season.. Fail again and that's your lot.

Drinkwater and Waghorn going. That's a massive relief, but why keep bloody Vardy?

The others I don't much care about, but would have bet on going.

I would have liked Becks to stay, but Pearson can't handle him.

Can't imagine why Pearson wouldn't want a £29,000 a week striker who can't even manage 10 league goals on the books. The sooner he's gone, the better IMO.

I too find Drinkwater 'to go' a strange option if true. Prior to him joining us, did he not score one and set one up against us when we lost at home to Barnsley? Not sure now. I do remember however being inpressed by his general play that day as his passing seemed incisive and he cut us apart at times, he was however being played further up the field in that game if I remember rightly. Its been commented on at length now over a period of time that we needed a solid Lennon type player in midfield, a role that NP has appeared at times to try and get James, King and Drinkwater to do. The latter two in my opinion are just not that type of player and their undoubted skills lie elsewhere, but they both tried to do a job and in doing so, not very well imo, incurred the wrath and ridicule of some, both on this forum and at the games themselves. But.. you have to do what your manager asks you don't you. For these and other of our younger contingent this year at times, you could see the confidence draining away and perhaps our impatience didn't help. As for NP, perhaps he's aware of what was needed and just perhaps he did try and get suitable candidates who were, for whatever reasons not known to us unavailable.

Again, stop blaming the players and start questioning some of the bizarre decisions and tactics of the beloved manager.

SSL, Danns, Konch, Beckford, Vardy, Futacs, Wellens, Gally.... I'd get rid of em like a shot.

But Drinkwater and Waggy would very much be part of a young and developing squad that I'd want to retain.

The forum is incredibly fickle. It was only a couple of months in that James was being slated as pretty much useless and Knocky as the best player we'd had in years.

Drinkwater suffered, like Marshall, Wood and Knocky due to a crisis of confidence in the team and due to some bizarre tactical decisions by Pearson. Does this make them crap players? No, of course it doesn't. It makes me question the manager more.

I'm sure you were saying not so long ago Col, that you wanted a new midfielder in and that Drinkwater was lightweight. 

Why shouldn't he go, obviously Pearson has identified that he isn't good enough, overrated by so many fans, too inconsistent, when King and James kicked on they were absolute class, and people were thankful that Drinkwater had been dropped.

All that stuff about tactics as well, I don't see how that can affect Drinkwater, he was playing in his natural position, but just had an extra man beside him, which surely only can help, but it didn't help him, it made him worse. 

I'm sure you were saying not so long ago Col, that you wanted a new midfielder in and that Drinkwater was lightweight.

Why shouldn't he go, obviously Pearson has identified that he isn't good enough, overrated by so many fans, too inconsistent, when King and James kicked on they were absolute class, and people were thankful that Drinkwater had been dropped.

All that stuff about tactics as well, I don't see how that can affect Drinkwater, he was playing in his natural position, but just had an extra man beside him, which surely only can help, but it didn't help him, it made him worse.

No no no!!

lol

I said I rated Drinkwater and always did. He went off the boil, but then they pretty much all did.

I've consistently said I want a tactical change, with a DM sitting in behind the other two midfielders when away from home.

Someone like Digacoi (is that how's it spelt?) with James/King or Drinky playing in front of him would do me fine.

Drinky has also suffered IMO from the 4-4-2 when the game is getting away from us.

I'd like people to stop hurling blame at the players (they can't ALL have become shite overnight surely?) and start looking at how they are being played.

Near to Christmas time we got found out. Pearson didnt have the savvy to cope with this.

IMO.

As I said though, the likes of Beckford, Danns et al... Get rid ASAP.

Drinkwater? Surely not. Yeah he had a poor 2nd half of the season, but he is a young lad with plenty of potential. He'd definitely make a good squad player and I doubt he'll be on big wages.

No he is not , he is a rubbish player who can't give a stuff about the club, we can do so much better, so glad he is hopefully being sold!!!!

We can do a lot better than Drinkwater and his poor and lazy attitude, I guarantee it.

Why shouldn't he go, obviously Pearson has identified that he isn't good enough

Obviously?

too inconsistent

And King hasn't been?

when King and James kicked on they were absolute class, and people were thankful that Drinkwater had been dropped.

Absolute class? Really? I think you are somewhat overplaying how good they played.

Your right there, seems there are a lot of people who want him back in the team serving up the same old dross week in week out.

Archived