Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Electricity Sports 1960

No so Magnificent 7 to go

What happens when King or James form revert back to their performances at the start of the season?

We need Drinkwater, he doesn't do anything special, he just does his job. Over the season in midfield, i'd give him the best performance average of the 3.

Just because King and James had good ends to the season doesn't mean that they will improve or stay at that level. see Danns last season.

When we were playing some of our best football at the start of the season, Drinkwater was playing every game and getting rave reviews - he might have been a bit negative at times, but he was very good at the start of the season.

Yes like I said myself, but at the back end of the season, the downfall started when he wasn't playing that well, Knockaert weren't playing that well and Nugent and Wood's goals dried up. Drinkwater and Knockaert were all part of the service the strikers got to score the goals earlier in the season, but as they went off form, the strikers didn't get the service they were getting and also went down hill.

But James and King improved our midfield a lot, like I said we were still playing poor sometimes, but James and King were consistently good, and made a difference towards the end of the season, they looked comfortable and the fans were happy with how they were performing.

Dramatically improved when he was dropped? I am right in saying we were second in February with him playing almost every game up until that point... and then after that we dropped to 6th with him regularly not playing.

James and King put in some decent performances, James particularly and more regularly than King. But that doesn't hide the fact we had done very well for two thirds of the season with Drinkwater in the team... does he get credit alone for us being in that position? Of course he doesn't, just as he shouldn't get all the blame when we are playing badly.

When the team was flowing he was in the team on merit and was a very big part of that. So making him out to be some piece of crap is massively wide of the mark.

Drinkwater started well like I've said many many times.

But he got dropped for a reason, and remained dropped because James and King were playing really well.

Our midfield was very poor and struggled to get into games, until Drinkwater was dropped, James and King came in and the midfield improved.

James and King were probably our two best players at the back end of the season.

What happens when King or James form revert back to their performances at the start of the season?

We need Drinkwater, he doesn't do anything special, he just does his job. Over the season in midfield, i'd give him the best performance average of the 3.

Just because King and James had good ends to the season doesn't mean that they will improve or stay at that level. see Danns last season.

James will be a good player, that I'm pretty sure of... and I rarely do predictions.

Yes like I said myself, but at the back end of the season, the downfall started when he wasn't playing that well, Knockaert weren't playing that well and Nugent and Wood's goals dried up. Drinkwater and Knockaert were all part of the service the strikers got to score the goals earlier in the season, but as they went off form, the strikers didn't get the service they were getting and also went down hill.

But James and King improved our midfield a lot, like I said we were still playing poor sometimes, but James and King were consistently good, and made a difference towards the end of the season, they looked comfortable and the fans were happy with how they were performing.

Drinkwater started well like I've said many many times.

But he got dropped for a reason, and remained dropped because James and King were playing really well.

Our midfield was very poor and struggled to get into games, until Drinkwater was dropped, James and King came in and the midfield improved.

James and King were probably our two best players at the back end of the season.

The point is, it was not all down to him. Nobody is denying his form dropped, but so did the form of almost every single player.

Futacs and Vardy have to be ahead of Waggy surely? Only thing that goes through my mind is if Waggy is on a good package.

And that he's out of contract.

The point is, it was not all down to him. Nobody is denying his form dropped, but so did the form of almost every single player.

Didn't say it was down to him, as I mentioned Knockaert as well, but the midfield creates the service for the strikers. Then all of a sudden Drinkwater turned back to his negative ways, passing backwards and sideways and slowing down play. He wasn't good enough when we first brought him, then he improved and it looked like he was good enough, then he turned back to his average ways again.

Too inconsistent for my liking, vastly overrated by fans, James and King are much better and far more comfortable, if James performs like he did this season, next season or even get's better, he will win Player of the Year in my opinion, yes a long way to go, but the lad is one of the best midfielders in the league.

Didn't say it was down to him, as I mentioned Knockaert as well, but the midfield creates the service for the strikers. Then all of a sudden Drinkwater turned back to his negative ways, passing backwards and sideways and slowing down play. He wasn't good enough when we first brought him, then he improved and it looked like he was good enough, then he turned back to his average ways again.

Too inconsistent for my liking, vastly overrated by fans, James and King are much better and far more comfortable, if James performs like he did this season, next season or even get's better, he will win Player of the Year in my opinion, yes a long way to go, but the lad is one of the best midfielders in the league.

Where the fvck are them rep points?

Notice the article also mentions that Pearson is not leaving.

I think all of the players mentioned other than Drinkwater were expected. All on big wages and all bit part players. If we manage to get rid of then we will be in a lot better place financially. 

Free up some funds to get some fresher players on a lot less money.

Can think of many reasons to keep DD. Can think of few to get rid. Curious. Why is there never a good 'head-butt' rumour around when, for once, a story is crying out for one ? Can't one of our NITK's invent one ?

Notice the article also mentions that Pearson is not leaving.

I think all of the players mentioned other than Drinkwater were expected. All on big wages and all bit part players. If we manage to get rid of then we will be in a lot better place financially. 

Free up some funds to get some fresher players on a lot less money.

I agree the only surprise is DD.We already knew there were negotiations for Beckford and SSL stated a day or so ago that he had been told he can leave.

All except Waggy & DD have been out on loan at one point last season. When we had the poor run DD lost form and the more experienced players who were not out on loan made no contribution.Presumably they showed nothing in training to suggest they could step up and help turn it around.

This is a load of rubbish, There is no way in hell Pearson would tell Drinkwater he can find a new club. He will want to prove to people he is actually the next Paul Scholes.

And Marko Futacs not being in the list sums it up to lol Pearson never plays him and Futacs said he wanted to leave for first team football last season 

Seems Logan, Witbread, Fuctas and Vardy may still have a "squad player" part to play next season

Getting clubs for the 7 players will be the hardest part....doubt they will take a chance on players we do not seem good enough for a promotion challenge as such.

And smaller clubs in this division wont accommodate their wage packets.

Think we will end up paying all of their contracts up.

So is this saying they have been released? I.e. They are gone, we have paid off their contracts and they walk away now? Or is it just saying they are up for sale?

If so I am really surprised by some of them. Waggy and Drinky could surely have bought in some money? Not to mention the fact they are good standard players.

Gutted to see those two go. Hopefully some good additions on the way though. Come on Nige get it done mate!

Not been released, just been told they can go, i.e transfer listed

Archived