Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NottsFox

Kasper's replacement?

Sorry if this is being talked about elsewhere, but I couldn't find a real discussion.

So it looks likely this summer that the Dane will be heading off, hopefully we can push for a good sum of cash if/when he does.

But who would people honestly like as a replacement?

Kieren Westwood isn't really getting a look-in at Sunderland and he was immense a few seasons back. Or we could always stick to Conrad Logan  :ph34r: ! David Stockdale? 

Thoughts?

Steele from Barnsley all day long for me

Not a bad shout if it comes to it.

Not likely to cost the earth in terms of transfer fees and wages, still young enough to get better and would consider us a step up.

Steele is an okay keeper but I wouldn't consider him to be better than Kasper, I would like to sign a player equally as good as Kasper i.e Westwood or a keeper with potential who can stay in that position for a couple of years! if that isn't too hard like Moore or Fodderingham.

For me like the Nature Boy Ric Flair said.

Luke Steele all day long for me, the guy is a leader like Kasper, captain of Barnsley, experienced in this league, and is a pretty decent goalkeeper.

Apart from him, I like the shout of Boaz Myhill. 

So Steele first choice, Myhill second choice. 

Not a bad shout if it comes to it.

Not likely to cost the earth in terms of transfer fees and wages, still young enough to get better and would consider us a step up.

He's out of contract and been offered reduced terms at Barnsley which he rejected.

He's out of contract and been offered reduced terms at Barnsley which he rejected.

I suspect there'll be a few clubs after him but we should steam right in there. A free transfer and a £3 million profit on Kasper is damn right shrewd.

Oh I didn't realise that Joel was only on loan. I do rate rate Al Habsi though

Yeah he was. I'm not sure if there were any clauses to sign him at the end of the season but I doubt they would after their relegation and loss of manager

Archived