Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
?????

A human side to Nige

Of course he has a funny side. I think it was Hignett who said Pearson was the joker of the dressing room...

We only see NP the manager, we don't see NP the (internal) person do we. People seem to judge his personality on what they see in the media, just like with every celebrity/footballer.

Of course he has a funny side. I think it was Hignett who said Pearson was the joker of the dressing room...

We only see NP the manager, we don't see NP the (internal) person do we. People seem to judge his personality on what they see in the media, just like with every celebrity/footballer.

We don't even really see Nigel Pearson the manager.

Nigel is a ****ing great guy, offered to share and pay for a taxi for me and my mate to the ground from the station, and was happy to talk. I hate it when people say he is miserable etc, but have never met him. He may be mardy with Stringer but he does it for a reason. In real life he is an absolutely fantastic guy. 

Hes a pro. Doesnt let personal life get in the way with work, and vice versa. People would constantly moan if he was happy after every game. Least he tries to improve us, and if it pays off he doesnt milk it, and if it doesnt pay off, he accepts it and takes most of the blame. People like Billy Davies ramble on about how good his team played after a defeat regardless if theyve played well or not, Pearson sees positives and negatives and works on both.

Nigel is a ****ing great guy, offered to share and pay for a taxi for me and my mate to the ground from the station, and was happy to talk. I hate it when people say he is miserable etc, but have never met him. He may be mardy with Stringer but he does it for a reason. In real life he is an absolutely fantastic guy. 

then he should realise when he's being an arrogant arsey tit to Stringer he's doing it to the fans too and grow up or simply ask RL that someone else does the interview, I'm pretty sure they'd be happy to oblige

then he should realise when he's being an arrogant arsey tit to Stringer he's doing it to the fans too and grow up or simply ask RL that someone else does the interview, I'm pretty sure they'd be happy to oblige

What? No.

He has his own media personality, which he clearly sticks with. He doesn't give a fuk if he disagrees with Stringer, he clearly has an act that he uses to protect his players. Have you met the guy?

March 2012 that was filmed.

Shame we heard no stories about him headbutting Beckford and Mills, guess they will be in Part 3, yet to be released because it shows graphic images of Mills with a hole, the size of a golf ball in his forehead. 

Hes a pro. Doesnt let personal life get in the way with work, and vice versa. People would constantly moan if he was happy after every game. Least he tries to improve us, and if it pays off he doesnt milk it, and if it doesnt pay off, he accepts it and takes most of the blame. People like Billy Davies ramble on about how good his team played after a defeat regardless if theyve played well or not, Pearson sees positives and negatives and works on both.

If that were the case I'd be much happier with him.

Some of the stuff we've seen this season makes me wonder what the Fook does happen on the training ground? Bizarre tactics, players played out of position, little threat from set pieces and getting caught far too often on the counter attack to name just four areas that could be improved.

Don't forget this bloke is on a cool million quid a season. With the advent of FFP how's about asking the question of whether PEARSON represents value for money? There's one to chew over....

Don't forget this bloke is on a cool million quid a season. With the advent of FFP how's about asking the question of whether PEARSON represents value for money? There's one to chew over....

Yes,

Many managers out there would want to try bleed our owners if he got sacked and would be on similar wages with the same task in hand, promotion. Then there's the merrygoround of players in and out again.

I for one am no "Pearson lover" but three full seasons as a LCFC manager a league one title and two playoff spots is good in what is a tough league. Whether we've choked in playoffs or got tactics wrong we've been in the mix every time with Pearson at the helm.

That's value for money in my eyes. He will get it right with the players we have and a few additions. The heartache this year will make them stronger and they will not want to go through that again.

If you watch the video he clearly states he believes that managers should stick to their own personality. Think it's a slight dig at media monkeys like Holloway whilst also trying to explain why he remains cool, sometimes seemingly callous, in his interviews with Stringer.

I still don't get why people give a shit about Stringer's feelings. NP is here to manage a football team, not pander to RL. Doing it to the fans too? lol

There's a lot of reasons why I like NP and some why I don't think he's the right man for the job. Funnily enough his interviews fall into neither category.

You can tell Nige is a good honest, no nonsense bloke, which gives him the qualities to be great manager.

However, jury is still out on his tactical ability. I really hope next season he steps it up a level.

I'd like to get him on the radio for Frog Island Discs (RaDNO version of Desert Island Discs) Would Ian Stringer be able to influence him?

From what I've seen though he is not keen on being in the limelight which I respect.

I can understand why he protects the players. If they are approached by the media a misquoted response could have an advers affect on the team or other players and he doesn't want his attention distracted from keeping their bond together. It has taken a while to get players that get along with each other. Even if a player is world class, if other players do not like him it could be disruptive.

I'd like to get him on the radio for Frog Island Discs (RaDNO version of Desert Island Discs) Would Ian Stringer be able to influence him?

From what I've seen though he is not keen on being in the limelight which I respect.

I can understand why he protects the players. If they are approached by the media a misquoted response could have an advers affect on the team or other players and he doesn't want his attention distracted from keeping their bond together. It has taken a while to get players that get along with each other. Even if a player is world class, if other players do not like him it could be disruptive.

I think you'd have more chance of big Wes cock-slapping someone half way through a game than Stringer influencing Pearson to do anything lol

I think you'd have more chance of big Wes cock-slapping someone half way through a game than Stringer influencing Pearson to do anything lol

I take that as a no then. :pearson:  I'll try and get Stringer or Young on. Young has a book out he may want to plug it or even raffle off a signed copy for the cause.

On Tuesday our newsroom moves to the Radio Leicester building. You never know I might wangle the occasional free ticket.

If anyone wants to a summary of the games on audio I will gladly play it on air. It only needs to be a couple of minutes or even a phone call.

That man is so dull, "do you want to hear the story about the gold fish" no Nigel shut it " is this going national" dumb phuk.

Plus "homemade curry" that's the one curry everyone one else hates ain't it. Nigel you dull dull man.

Cringe cringe.

Bet Ian hollaway knows what curry he likes :)

Found these on YouTube, he comes across very well in these, love the goldfish story!

That man is so dull, "do you want to hear the story about the gold fish" no Nigel shut it " is this going national" dumb phuk.

Plus "homemade curry" that's the one curry everyone one else hates ain't it. Nigel you dull dull man.

Cringe cringe.

Bet Ian hollaway knows what curry he likes :)

Cheer up, you miserable bastard.

Home made curries are good. Proper ingrediants freshly ground and mixed. How many people from curry countries go out for a curry? I bet he has had a few curries though. The Thai owners may have invited him round to their place and they'd have the best curry chefs serving.

Archived