Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dickov22

Dave Richards- new chairman?

Sven is complete hype & reputation (which he lives off and mugs like us continue to buy it).

The bloke never cared shit for Leicester. No-one can deny it. How can anyone defend someone who was manager and didn't give a fvck? He's proven it through his (yes, HIS) reckless, short-term spending spree & in his comments post-Leicester.

His loan signings in 10/11 were decent. The majority of his signings in 11/12 were appalling and I can't think of a single one other than Schmeichel or Nugent that has proven to be good value for money. He had no plan, signed players he didn't need (a lot of them conveniently his old Man City 'mates' such as Johnson & Ball) and what scares me is it could've been worse. If Bristol City weren't such mugs we'd have had a ridiculously over-priced Maynard on our hands (although he's probably better than Beckford).

It just stuns me how literally anyone can defend his record for us and slate Pearson's. Absolutely stuns me.

Sven was (past tense) clearly a talented manager in his younger days. Hence his 26 or whatever trophies.

He was changed by his England experience. I think he did a fantastic job in the first half of his England reign, but just seemed to get  slowly worn down by all the criticism and negative press he received. By the end of it, he was clearly completely disillusioned by the World of football.

He came to LCFC for the money. He clearly bought players whose agents were “very grateful†for the type of contracts that he offered (Micheal Ball, Michael Johnson etc.)

Ultimately, the owners are to blame. Appointing Sven was like putting a monkey in charge of a peanut factory.

So. Nobody is saying he is a bad manger. However,  whilst manager of LCFC, he acted mainly out of self-interest. He abused his position and exploited the club, and was sacked for it.

How anybody who understands money and football can defend Sven’s reign at LCFC is totally beyond me.

If you're going to defend Sven I have but one question: how do you justify the signing of Michael Ball? Sven was clearly motivated by non-football r£asons - and his sacking can be justified on this single signing.

I certainly am. Considering I'm a Leicester fan I couldn't give a toss how he did for Lazio when I was about 6. I care about what he did here - which was promising at first, but eventually fruitless and very costy. It's still taking its toll today.

Sven is complete hype & reputation (which he lives off and mugs like us continue to buy it).

The bloke never cared shit for Leicester. No-one can deny it. How can anyone defend someone who was manager and didn't give a fvck? He's proven it through his (yes, HIS) reckless, short-term spending spree & in his comments post-Leicester.

His loan signings in 10/11 were decent. The majority of his signings in 11/12 were appalling and I can't think of a single one other than Schmeichel or Nugent that has proven to be good value for money. He had no plan, signed players he didn't need (a lot of them conveniently his old Man City 'mates' such as Johnson & Ball) and what scares me is it could've been worse. If Bristol City weren't such mugs we'd have had a ridiculously over-priced Maynard on our hands (although he's probably better than Beckford).

It just stuns me how literally anyone can defend his record for us and slate Pearson's. Absolutely stuns me.

Didn't/don't like either of them - both guilty of crimes against football....

I loved (most of) Sven's time here.  I used to get a buzz from going to the football, watching that slick, passing football and enjoying some great talents he persuaded to come to the KIng Power.

But...I think Pearson is the better manager for where and when we are.  I think Sven has left us with a massive and expensive hangover from his time at the club.  Players were signed without Sven having much idea of the division he was playing in.  He showed his lack of knowledge of the Championship when he talked of every game being a battle and seeming surprised.  I also think Sven was pressured into giving some existing players new and inflated contracts because his expensive new signings were on a lot more money and it caused problems in the dressing room.

Pearson is slowly and surely sorting this out, and, in each of his full seasons at the King Power, he has managed us into the playoffs or better.

Sven was fantasy football and damn enjoyable for a time too, but Pearson is in reality what is required to BUILD a successful team in the second division.  

Some people's problems with Pearson could be that they haven't lost the fantasy football mindset and got real.

Its a bit like talking to Nazis or Tories though. Every fact can be bent to prove your point and nothing your leader does badly can persuade you that he is wrong.

This is just as apt with regards to your opinion about Sven.

Ultimately I envy you your satisfaction with the no name dullard players,

Sums you up, pretty much. You seem to value the players' fame over the team's league position. Who cares who's heard of our players as long as they're doing well? I'd much rather see a bunch of "no name dullard" players reach the playoffs, than a bunch of over-rated and vastly overpaid PL rejects finish mid-table any day of the week. Is this how you would describe NP, as well?

15 game runs with single digit point tally, being outplayed by Watford Udinese over 2 legs but at least in the play offs.

It was a shite run of form, there's no denying that. You're right - still got to the playoffs despite that, though.

The Sven thing was a fiasco, no one questions that ( although our reasons for why we believe it was a fiasco differ) but to deny he was ever a quality manager is just denial. It is very worrying but somehow not surprising. Its how we get things like Ukip happening

I don't think anyone really is arguing that Sven has never been a quality manager. I think it's more a case of people still wondering why there are still fans who bum off him and hate NP, when it's so clear to see which manager has been more beneficial to us.

I loved (most of) Sven's time here.  I used to get a buzz from going to the football, watching that slick, passing football and enjoying some great talents he persuaded to come to the KIng Power.

But...I think Pearson is the better manager for where and when we are.  I think Sven has left us with a massive and expensive hangover from his time at the club.  Players were signed without Sven having much idea of the division he was playing in.  He showed his lack of knowledge of the Championship when he talked of every game being a battle and seeming surprised.  I also think Sven was pressured into giving some existing players new and inflated contracts because his expensive new signings were on a lot more money and it caused problems in the dressing room.

Pearson is slowly and surely sorting this out, and, in each of his full seasons at the King Power, he has managed us into the playoffs or better.

Sven was fantasy football and damn enjoyable for a time too, but Pearson is in reality what is required to BUILD a successful team in the second division.  

Some people's problems with Pearson could be that they haven't lost the fantasy football mindset and got real.

I'd say we did that for about 4 months. November to the end of February in 10/11. I could understand that people missed him somewhat if we played that kind of football the whole time. But they seem to forget that after March 2011 the majority of our football under him was absolutely dire.

Very fair post.

Although what you said about Sven applies for just the 2010/11 season for me. Something about that season was enjoyable, he just happened to (IMO) undo it all and more the following year.

The charge from the bottom was very enjoyable, even though it ended in failure.  Although to be fair, the vast majority of seasons end in failure for the vast majority of clubs.

The season after was looking like another enjoyable one until Schmeichel was sent off against Forest and we capitulated a 2-0 lead.  Up until the sending off, I thought we looked very impressive.  The slick football was not so much in evidence but it had been replaced by an impenetrable midfield which turned the ball back at the opposition every time they tried to attack.

If Schmeichel had not thrown the ball away, or if the ref had not been suffering from PMT, then maybe some momentum would've built and things could've been different.  But...this didn't happen, things went the way they went.

I'm not actually saying I miss Sven or wish he was still here, just that I enjoyed the journey that season more than most, even if once again we didn't get to our final destination.

Its a bit like talking to Nazis or Tories though. Every fact can be bent to prove your point and nothing your leader does badly can persuade you that he is wrong.

This is just as apt with regards to your opinion about Sven.

Ultimately I envy you your satisfaction with the no name dullard players,

Sums you up, pretty much. You seem to value the players' fame over the team's league position. Who cares who's heard of our players as long as they're doing well? I'd much rather see a bunch of "no name dullard" players reach the playoffs, than a bunch of over-rated and vastly overpaid PL rejects finish mid-table any day of the week. Is this how you would describe NP, as well?

15 game runs with single digit point tally, being outplayed by Watford Udinese over 2 legs but at least in the play offs.

It was a shite run of form, there's no denying that. You're right - still got to the playoffs despite that, though.

The Sven thing was a fiasco, no one questions that ( although our reasons for why we believe it was a fiasco differ) but to deny he was ever a quality manager is just denial. It is very worrying but somehow not surprising. Its how we get things like Ukip happening

I don't think anyone really is arguing that Sven has never been a quality manager. I think it's more a case of people still wondering why there are still fans who bum off him and hate NP, when it's so clear to see which manager has been more beneficial to us.

Fair beans....there are some who have been saying he was never any good - not true.

The stars v league position is a bit lame when there are plenty of Nige fans who are happy in this div and with shite football as long as we are oK with the FFP (which it appears from here than no one really gets)

It was shit or bust with Sven but that brings excitement which is why football is fun - this constant mediocrity that many crave suggests they woud be happier with rugby or bowls..... Best City moments for me have always been the danger times.

I guess you are either happier with a Keegan or Sven or a Nigel Clough or nigel Pearson......

Sven is a terrible Manager. I account Manage Notts County FC on behalf of Carlsberg. One of their Directors told me following his arrival, Sven went into the dressing room to address the players. He told them 'you are all playing for one of the richest clubs in the world'. These are league one players. Next day then manager Coterill had 4-5 senior players all coming into his office demanding a pay rise......

You've only got to look at his record- Ivory Coast, Mexico both terrible. As Man City boss didn't he see his team lose about 8-0 at home once? Should any Manager of his apparent level let their side lose so heavily at home?!

His tenure at England was also laughable. Ruined our best chance since 66 of winning something. Look at the players he had available. Paul Scholes on the left wing anyone? I also remember him being caught out talking to the. Chelsea man Peter Kenyon behind the FA's back. Absolute snake. Theo Walcott at 17 in a world cup squad that only had 4 strikers- one of which being an injured and past it Michael Owen! Useless

Don't even get me started on his shambolic reign here. A team with no bottle, absolutely no width. A collection of over paid average players. Just an absolute disaster. Bigger disaster than Peter Taylor. We will feel the effects of Sven for seasons to come.

Pearson's made his mistakes and yes, our run last season was unbelievably bad. But to even suggest Sven would be a better option is absurd.

Sven was good in his career, never doubted that. He did well with us for a while, but it didn't work out in the end.

It might not with Pearson but took us over in a unique position and improved it considerably within two years, giving us the platform to get Sven, the owners and the "quality" players.

Pearson has been better for us than Sven. Sven has been better than other managers. Both have played entertaining football and dull football too. Hopefully we'll get promoted and thrive and we can forget all about Sven and these comparisons. Or, if not, we'll get someone in who is better than Nige and take us on.

Pearson is not irreplaceable, he hasn't done an amazing job but an important job that has had us believing in promotion again after years of true mediocrity.

The charge from the bottom was very enjoyable, even though it ended in failure.  Although to be fair, the vast majority of seasons end in failure for the vast majority of clubs.

The season after was looking like another enjoyable one until Schmeichel was sent off against Forest and we capitulated a 2-0 lead.  Up until the sending off, I thought we looked very impressive.  The slick football was not so much in evidence but it had been replaced by an impenetrable midfield which turned the ball back at the opposition every time they tried to attack.

If Schmeichel had not thrown the ball away, or if the ref had not been suffering from PMT, then maybe some momentum would've built and things could've been different.  But...this didn't happen, things went the way they went.

I'm not actually saying I miss Sven or wish he was still here, just that I enjoyed the journey that season more than most, even if once again we didn't get to our final destination.

I'm actually not seeing where you're coming from at all here. The way I remember it was we put in 3 abject performances before that game and looked a mile off promotion candidates (remember the 2 home losses?) and that 70 minutes against Forest was the first time we looked remotely decent (I'm not counting the cup game against Rotherham). Although it has to be said Forest were absolutely woeful that day, utterly appalling.

Sven is a terrible Manager. I account Manage Notts County FC on behalf of Carlsberg. One of their Directors told me following his arrival, Sven went into the dressing room to address the players. He told them 'you are all playing for one of the richest clubs in the world'. These are league one players. Next day then manager Coterill had 4-5 senior players all coming into his office demanding a pay rise......

You've only got to look at his record- Ivory Coast, Mexico both terrible. As Man City boss didn't he see his team lose about 8-0 at home once? Should any Manager of his apparent level let their side lose so heavily at home?!

His tenure at England was also laughable. Ruined our best chance since 66 of winning something. Look at the players he had available. Paul Scholes on the left wing anyone? I also remember him being caught out talking to the. Chelsea man Peter Kenyon behind the FA's back. Absolute snake. Theo Walcott at 17 in a world cup squad that only had 4 strikers- one of which being an injured and past it Michael Owen! Useless

Don't even get me started on his shambolic reign here. A team with no bottle, absolutely no width. A collection of over paid average players. Just an absolute disaster. Bigger disaster than Peter Taylor. We will feel the effects of Sven for seasons to come.

Pearson's made his mistakes and yes, our run last season was unbelievably bad. But to even suggest Sven would be a better option is absurd.

There is so much wrong with this post.....

The 8-0 was a protest by the players after he had been sacked

England have not been anywhere near as effective since he left

The team he took over here was headed back to league 1

His rebuilt team was 2points off the play offs and four off the top when he was fired

Dislike all you like but don't make stuff up

Guest MattP

Fair beans....there are some who have been saying he was never any good - not true.

The stars v league position is a bit lame when there are plenty of Nige fans who are happy in this div and with shite football as long as we are oK with the FFP (which it appears from here than no one really gets)

It was shit or bust with Sven but that brings excitement which is why football is fun - this constant mediocrity that many crave suggests they woud be happier with rugby or bowls..... Best City moments for me have always been the danger times.

I guess you are either happier with a Keegan or Sven or a Nigel Clough or nigel Pearson......

What an absolute steaming pile of horse manure.

Our best times under O'Neill we were actually turning in a profit, £30million in the black before we let Peter Taylor run riot.

Little times, George ran a tight ship.

The two times we have spent were when Smeaton floated us on the market and we ended up as a PLC and in Administration and the Thai era.

What great times they were!

Guest MattP

His rebuilt team was 2points off the play offs and four off the top when he was fired

Brilliant. Let's all lose the last game  as a protest.

It was 8-1 actually. Elano scored for City in the 87th minute. Maybe he wasn't involved in the protest lol

What a cracking Man City side he assembled for £100million, no idea why he got the sack.

Man City: Isaksson, Jihai, Corluka, Dunne, Ball, Ireland, Gelson, Petrov (Elano 71), Garrido, Vassell, Benjani

Quote from the game:

the City players showed they do not give a monkeys about the manager and they suffer from a severe lack of professionalism.  I am sure that Sven will have no explanation and will sail off to te land of compensation without a look back.

Some protest. How on earth is he still getting away with it?

EDIT: As for England, Hodgson got us to the same stage in one tournament as Sven did in all his despite having a squad with a tenth of the talent.

It was shit or bust with Sven but that brings excitement which is why football is fun - this constant mediocrity that many crave suggests they woud be happier with rugby or bowls.

But WE WERE MEDIOCRE UNDER SVEN. We tore apart a side that finished 5th the season before and spent a shit load of money to achieve that mediocrity. Surely you can see that spending less money and finishing in the play-offs is better than spending ridiculous amounts of money and finishing mid-table?

When he'd left Scholes was retired, Beckham Rooney and Owen were past it and most of our better players were ageing. World Cup 2006 was an embarrassment considering how in form and in their prime our players were. Point taken to some extent though, none of the other managers have done any better.

The team stopped heading back to league 1 the moment Sousa left. There is no way that set of players should have been anywhere near the bottom 8 let alone the bottom 3. He did do well for a while but we hit a snag and proceeded to go backwards.

How many teams were only a few points off the play-offs at that point in the season? Probably about 20. It means nothing. What did mean something was we were getting worse, were positioned in the bottom half and had played dire football since March.

I'm not that bothered who the manager is, tbh. I care mainly about how well I think we're doing in the league relative to the club's current financial state.

Who are these Nige fans who are happy to be in this division playing shite football? We've been closer to reaching the PL far more often under NP than we were under Sven. The people who don't hate NP recognise this. We have played some pretty drab football under NP, but for most of last season, there was a dramatic improvement. We played some good football under Sven, but only when we had a team made up of borrowed PL players. It wasn't great at the end of that season, and carried on that way until Sven was sacked.

I don't think anyone really craves mediocrity, as you put it. I just think they'd rather the future of the club they love was never risked for a stab at a bit of short-term success. Whoever's fault it was, the effects of the Sven era are hampering our ambitions for a long while yet, and what do we have to show for it? Absolutely fvck all is what.

Why do people even debate with seenitall? He's clearly a wum.

Could someone who seriously calls them self a Leicester fan be so incredibly cretinous, negative and flippant about the club they apparently support.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm actually not seeing where you're coming from at all here. The way I remember it was we put in 3 abject performances before that game and looked a mile off promotion candidates (remember the 2 home losses?) and that 70 minutes against Forest was the first time we looked remotely decent (I'm not counting the cup game against Rotherham). Although it has to be said Forest were absolutely woeful that day, utterly appalling.

I'm working from memory here, and it seems I have repressed certain traumatic parts of it.  I only remembered those two home defeats when you mentioned them.

Maybe that second season was just s**t then!

lol  :thumbup:

Ha ha ha hilarious. The players were so upset that the fantastic Sven was being sacked they deliberately lost 8-1 to MIDDLESBOROUGH. I really have 'seen it all' now

You absolute cretin

Archived