Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dickov22

Dave Richards- new chairman?

Fcuking hell lol

I love how you use ambition as an opposite to austerity. Many would probably use 'bankrupcy' instead with our current situation.

Leicester 0-3 Millwall - LOVE FLAIR.

You're actually right on the austerity bit ......

I'll edit that to be 

Hate ambition, Love mediocrity.

3-0 Millwall ...... good one ...... Did you miss the 14 out of 17 games in a single spell last season that were as bad as that one game??

Sven 27 trophies none as low as a 3rd tier title.

Did you just criticise someone for 'not knowing facts'? He won the Swedish third division with Dagerfors IF.

And where has this 27 trophies myth come from? He's won 19 according to Wikipedia, many of them mickey mouse trophies like national Super Cups. Even the 'FA Summer Tournament' is listed in his managerial honours ffs.

We must be the only set of fans that praise a bloke who spent millions and finished mid-table, then was on course for mid-table again and slag off a man who has finished higher than him several times with fewer resources.

Don't worry, the "Pearsonites" are the ones accused of accepting mediocrity lol

I'm guessing that he was praised for finishing in the top half after us starting so woefully under the previous manager that we were delighted with the improvement and it looked money well spent.

On course to finish where we actually did finish for the following two seasons after his departure despite it not being good enough at the time and him being sacked after 13 games ......

You've made my point for me very well indeed ... thanks.

Did you just criticise someone for 'not knowing facts'? He won the Swedish third division with Dagerfors IF.

And where has this 27 trophies myth come from? He's won 19 according to Wikipedia, many of them mickey mouse trophies like national Super Cups. Even the 'FA Summer Tournament' is listed in his managerial honours ffs.

Excellent - finally someone willing to discuss facts as facts and not opinion .... I stand corrected on the 3rd tier title ...... That's only 26 trophies he has more than NP then. My point seems so much watered down by this revelation. 

Excellent - finally someone willing to discuss facts as facts and not opinion .... I stand corrected on the 3rd tier title ...... That's only 26 trophies he has more than NP then. My point seems so much watered down by this revelation. 

No, as I've just said, I don't know where you've got the number 27 from, because its wrong. 

Oh and i didn't criticise him for not KNOWING facts ... I criticised him for shouting his OPINION so loudly that he convinces himself that his opinions were FACTS.

I'm guessing that he was praised for finishing in the top half after us starting so woefully under the previous manager that we were delighted with the improvement and it looked money well spent.

On course to finish where we actually did finish for the following two seasons after his departure despite it not being good enough at the time and him being sacked after 13 games ......

You've made my point for me very well indeed ... thanks.

Wrong - we finished 13th, that's in the bottom half.

I'll edit that to be 

Hate ambition, Love mediocrity.

3-0 Millwall ...... good one ...... Did you miss the 14 out of 17 games in a single spell last season that were as bad as that one game??

Oh and i didn't criticise him for not KNOWING facts ... I criticised him for shouting his OPINION so loudly that he convinces himself that his opinions were FACTS.

And you've done exactly the same thing.... except you don't appear to have a grasp of the facts or an informed opinion.

No, as I've just said, I don't know where you've got the number 27 from, because its wrong. 

To be honest I've just re-quoted the often quoted number .... I've heard it so many times I didn't check it's validity .... but according to Wiki you seem to be right and it's more like 17 .... just 16 more league titles and european cups more than NP. My argument looks very thin now they are so finely balanced!!!!

Wrong - we finished 13th, that's in the bottom half.

My apologies ..... I've changed my mind completely as a result of this ......

We finished 13th after being bottom after 6 games. Not 12th as i previously thought.

So let's all carry on slating sven - I'm right with you now I realise how inept he is and that he really is at fault for anything that big Nige does wrong.

Sven can't be that amazing, he's just lost 10 trophies from his record in the last 30 minutes.

Clumsy!

Guest MattP

I can honestly say I didn't see a single game last year that anywhere near as bad as that one.

Granted I didn't go to Barnsley. (our biggest defeat of the season at 2-0)

And what on earth do trophies won in Sweden in the 70's have anything to do with now?

OK my original point was that Sven looks to have overspent because we didn't get promoted in his or the subsequent two seasons.

The reply was that he lacked any football insight.

My point was that he had enough football insight to win european cups and leagues .... it turns out only 16 more than our current leader that is beyond criticism.

I simply wish that Sven wasn't dragged into every debate as the reason for NP's failings .... he was not in charge of one of the worst runs in the clubs history, NP was. He didn't finish outside the play offs last season NP did.

I'm being drawn into defending Sven - I liked the guy and wish he'd have had longer .... that's all ..... just open your eyes to the facts .... NP is / has failed and that's not Sven's fault.

Guest MattP

Well he hasn't yet, he was given a contract to take us to the Premier League and he has a season left on that contract.

I can honestly say I didn't see a single game last year that anywhere near as bad as that one.

Granted I didn't go to Barnsley. (our biggest defeat of the season at 2-0)

And what on earth do trophies won in Sweden in the 70's have anything to do with now?

Well there's the footballing opinions coming into play ..... I regularly sat and thought that this is worse than any of the football we've been served up under almost any manager .... it was utterly inept and very very boring routine and blunt ..... But, that was just my opinion not a fact!!!

Well he hasn't yet, he was given a contract to take us to the Premier League and he has a season left on that contract.

Not according to him / the board / anyone that spoke pre-season last season ... the target was very definitely promotion .... missed target = failure.

I simply wish that Sven wasn't dragged into every debate as the reason for NP's failings .... he was not in charge of one of the worst runs in the clubs history, NP was. He didn't finish outside the play offs last season NP did.

:unsure: Is that a fact or just your opinion?

Amazing ......

You quote yet more opinion but do so with such aggression you think it's fact!!!

Have a read of your post and take out YOUR OPINION .... see if you are left with a single FACT.

What's amazing is that you can't tell the difference between opinion and fact. NP is a better manager in the Chanpionship than Sven, as his record shows. FFP proves that austerity is going to be here to stay, and if you're not prepared to admit that - in the first two thirds of the season - we played attractive, passing, attacking football, then you were obviously going to matches with your eyes shut.

Take the anti-Pearson blinkers off and you'll realise that everything I posted is complete fact.

Guest MattP

Not according to him / the board / anyone that spoke pre-season last season ... the target was very definitely promotion .... missed target = failure.

Just because you don't achieve a target doesn't mean you have failed. There is a middle ground in between that's acceptable.

Do you realise how much money Sven spent at Lazio to win those titles? I'm sure I read it was quoted around £250m... and that was back in the late nineties/early noughties when transfer fees weren't as big as they are now!

The be all and end all is that Nigel Pearson has proved himself a better manager in English football, taking into account money spent.

We must be the only set of fans that praise a bloke who spent millions and finished mid-table, then was on course for mid-table again and slag off a man who has finished higher than him several times with fewer resources.

Don't worry, the "Pearsonites" are the ones accused of accepting mediocrity lol

Never known anything like it. Feel like I'm going mad.

OK my original point was that Sven looks to have overspent because we didn't get promoted in his or the subsequent two seasons.

The reply was that he lacked any football insight.

My point was that he had enough football insight to win european cups and leagues .... it turns out only 16 more than our current leader that is beyond criticism.

I'm being drawn into defending Sven - I liked the guy and wish he'd have had longer .... that's all ..... just open your eyes to the facts .... NP is / has failed and that's not Sven's fault.

lol You're a fvcking idiot.

Come on Mr Facts get your facts right. Such as - Pearson has led us to 2 play-off finishes, Sven hasn't.

Sven was (past tense) clearly a talented manager in his younger days. Hence his 26 or whatever trophies.

He was changed by his England experience. I think he did a fantastic job in the first half of his England reign, but just seemed to get  slowly worn down by all the criticism and negative press he received. By the end of it, he was clearly completely disillusioned by the World of football.

He came to LCFC for the money. He clearly bought players whose agents were “very grateful†for the type of contracts that he offered (Micheal Ball, Michael Johnson etc.)

Ultimately, the owners are to blame. Appointing Sven was like putting a monkey in charge of a peanut factory.

So. Nobody is saying he is a bad manger. However,  whilst manager of LCFC, he acted mainly out of self-interest. He abused his position and exploited the club, and was sacked for it.

How anybody who understands money and football can defend Sven’s reign at LCFC is totally beyond me.

If you're going to defend Sven I have but one question: how do you justify the signing of Michael Ball? Sven was clearly motivated by non-football r£asons - and his sacking can be justified on this single signing.

Its a bit like talking to Nazis or Tories though. Every fact can be bent to prove your point and nothing your leader does badly can persuade you that he is wrong. Ultimately I envy you your satisfaction with the no name dullard players, 15 game runs with single digit point tally, being outplayed by Watford over 2 legs but at least in the play offs.

The Sven thing was a fiasco, no one questions that ( although our reasons for why we believe it was a fiasco differ) but to deny he was ever a quality manager is just denial. It is very worrying but somehow not surprising. Its how we get things like Ukip happening

Archived