Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spiers82

What a crap summer so far

Very quiet post-season everywhere this year.

With regards to our situation, we obviously have to sell to have a chance of buying, but with the players we needs to offload being on unsustainable contracts... It makes it very hard work.

A situation not helped by owners decision to restructure the club, no outs (& therefore ins) will happen until DoF is up to speed.

July 1st things will gear up a notch around the country, until then... Stop making identikit threads

I don't care if we do not strengthen the midfield area this season, as it was plainly obvious last season when we get overrun in midfield and teams either press us high up the pitch or are physical we struggle big time.

So if we do not strengthen the midfield area with at least two hard tackling midfielders we are fecked big time.

Been nearly two months & no sign of any new players.

Funnily enough I've been thinking the opposite.

It might be controversial but, a settled summer with some limited movement might do us the world of good? Young players with an extra year of development, a settled squad who now how to play with each other.

I know there is a need for some movement (maybe one or two loans), but its refreshing not to be over active (imo).

I don't care if we do not strengthen the midfield area this season, as it was plainly obvious last season when we get overrun in midfield and teams either press us high up the pitch or are physical we struggle big time.

So if we do not strengthen the midfield area with at least two hard tackling midfielders we are fecked big time.

Can you make up your mind please

As the wums will tell you it is only June. Never mind the season starts August 3rd.

It's the frigging WUMs who start these sort of threads

Funnily enough I've been thinking the opposite.

It might be controversial but, a settled summer with some limited movement might do us the world of good? Young players with an extra year of development, a settled squad who now how to play with each other.

I know there is a need for some movement (maybe one or two loans), but its refreshing not to be over active (imo).

Apart from the fact we have to save about 15 miilion quid this year for FFP?

Keeping the same squad is not an option, we have to clear out a lot of dead wood and high earners.

It's not just summer that's depressing it's the thought of another season of mediocrity with no real hope of either investment in quality players or hope of getting promoted. We missed the bus and there is no way of getting away from that fact.

We will just stumble on as we have for the past ten years with the fans being ignored at the expense of sky until even sky twig on we are not worth the exposure anymore because we won't be one of the fancied horses. :( 

Archived