Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

If Wes did go...

Guest ttfn

He's just the kind of player Watford need, come to us Wes you know it makes sense.

Think we'd be looking to get rid on a permanent transfer, sorry.

I don't think he is going anywhere. It's lazy and shit journalism. Too many people believe everything they read in the papers. You read rumours in papers every day regarding players futures and they don't turn out the way they said it would.

I don't think he is going anywhere. It's lazy and shit journalism. Too many people believe everything they read in the papers. You read rumours in papers every day regarding players futures and they don't turn out the way they said it would.

There's no substance to the story at all but the OP asked how people would feel if he did go.

I haven't seen anyone actually believing he's going

So the day KS says he isn't forcing a move and looks like he is staying, all of a sudden the gossip wheel moves onto our best outfield player

And like with KS all of sudden we have people say we can afford to lose him, either to release the wages and that we can replace him

Again like KS there are minimal people who we can take to replace them, and those who are good enough will prob either cost too much in a fee or want more in wages

IF this is true then we are in trouble if he leaves as he was HUGE for us last year and is the perfect player to base out defence around next season

Honestly, I really couldn't give a toss. Genuinely, the only player who I would genuinely be gutted about if he left would be Knockaert. Wes is solid yes, but irreplaceable? Not at all. Our defence was just as solid under Pearson with Brown and Hobbs at CB as it was with Morgan and St Ledger/Whitbread/Keane. Pearson knows his gravy when it comes to defenders and I'd trust him to invest very wisely.

to be honest I totally take what people are saying about wes not being 'irreplaceable', but its not that easy to take a centre back who is doing well at another club and make him settle in as well as morgan has done. personally im weirdly proud to have wes as our captain.

just look at the mess we were in with mills. blatantly we paid massively over the odds, but there werent that many people complaining when we were first linked.

Wes has gone from his boyhood club to a club who bloody hate them and won everyone round. his performances through the vast majority of the season bought plaudits from all over the place and he is clearly one of the best we have at the club.

fair enough it wouldn't be the end of the world, but if you aren't at least a little bit gutted that he left then theres something wrong with you.

keeping him along with our other prized assets might turn out to be the most exciting business of the summer.

Honestly, I really couldn't give a toss. Genuinely, the only player who I would genuinely be gutted about if he left would be Knockaert. Wes is solid yes, but irreplaceable? Not at all. Our defence was just as solid under Pearson with Brown and Hobbs at CB as it was with Morgan and St Ledger/Whitbread/Keane. Pearson knows his gravy when it comes to defenders and I'd trust him to invest very wisely.

:thumbup:

If Morgan is sold and with Keane gone back,we would be starting the season with a fresh centre half pairing who would not know each others strengths,not ideal really.

The only amounts I have seen concerning this bid is 1.5 million and I can't help but think, if it is true, it is a piss take. He had a great season for us, got into the team of the year, they know his capabilities and how much would it cost to replace him....a lot more. I don't think 1.5 million is going to be anywhere near high enough to get him, I think you need to get closer to double that.

Seen so many favourites leave over the years that I wouldn't be at all bothered.

Mistakes were starting to show by the end of the season and he is so slow, thankfully made up by his reading of the game.

Like all of our players he is replacable.

Seen so many favourites leave over the years that I wouldn't be at all bothered.

Mistakes were starting to show by the end of the season and he is so slow, thankfully made up by his reading of the game.

Like all of our players he is replacable.

Realistically replacable? I'm not sure I agree.

Archived