Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

If Wes did go...

Guest MattP

The thought of Whitbread and Moore at the heart of our fefence next season with Logan between the sticks doesn't fill me with great confidence.

That's not going to happen. Pearson isn't stupid. He would walk rather than be left with that.

His leadership qualities are not as easily replaceable, nor his experience. Unless there is a stupid offer for him, I can't see him leaving.

This is one of his weakest attributes in my opinion. A very good player, there's no doubt about that. But a natural leader? Not in my opinion. You only have to hear him speak to know that he's a very laid back character and not much of a speaker. Can't imagine him inspiring the lads on the pitch or in the dressing room at half time. I'd like it if we got in a proper leader and let Wes get on with doing what he does best.

This is one of his weakest attributes in my opinion. A very good player, there's no doubt about that. But a natural leader? Not in my opinion. You only have to hear him speak to know that he's a very laid back character and not much of a speaker. Can't imagine him inspiring the lads on the pitch or in the dressing room at half time. I'd like it if we got in a proper leader and let Wes get on with doing what he does best.

For once, I agree entirely ... I think the leadership thing is an assumption made because he's a big lad at the back .... He leads by example as a pro and as a committed player, but not organisationally. 

For once, I agree entirely ... I think the leadership thing is an assumption made because he's a big lad at the back .... He leads by example as a pro and as a committed player, but not organisationally. 

Me also. I was thinking about this the other day actually, doesn't strike me as a very vocal player.

I think the captain role is over-rated personally. Think every single player should always be taking responsibility.

Can't think of another player in the starting 11, apart from KS, who could realistically be captain other than Morgan though. Presuming the starting 11 would be KS de laet Keane Morgan konch dyer knocky king James nuge and wood, who out of them would be a better option? Not disagreeing with the previous comments but he looks the best of the bunch IMO

Well said,  i did comment on this during the lapse after xmas, but got hauled over the coals for saying it !    yes he would be missed as a player no doubt, but as the captain !  ummm..    but then LCFC1991 has a point who to replace him  only KS  i my opinion,  maybe Matty James for future...  

They can deny a move all they want. He's of great value to us and is most likely on sustainable wages so if this was to happen I would hope we could hold them to ransom. £1.5m not nearly enough, for me. Try £1.5billion  :thumbup: .

People do realise that if we sold Kasper we'd potentially need an entirely new back 4? And if Kasper was to go...!

Ok, lets say Pearson sticks with De Laet, we'd still need 3 defenders to come in and get used to each other. Even with the money we'd be bringing in we'd be taking a big gamble. There's no guarantee any of them would be as consistent as Wes, let alone all of them.

Please remember Wes left forest in the first place to come to us.

If he loved it there that much he would of stayed.

"die-hard forest fan"

Actually, that money stopped Forest from going under so that does quite fit

Ps, if he does leave I will need to rename one of my dogs lol

The only if is if they put the bid in.

We will look to ship out any player we get a bid for FFP say with our debt we need too :(  :(

You're all doom and gloom, aren't you? FFP is a paper tiger. There are ways to flout it and the men in the boardroom are probably working on even more ways. We're not going to be free spending again but we'll hae enough to compete.

Also, where were you when the club rejected the various offers for Schmeichel? By your reckoning, he should be a Hull player, by now.

You're all doom and gloom, aren't you? FFP is a paper tiger. There are ways to flout it and the men in the boardroom are probably working on even more ways. We're not going to be free spending again but we'll hae enough to compete.

Also, where were you when the club rejected the various offers for Schmeichel? By your reckoning, he should be a Hull player, by now.

There's alot of summer left yet!!! I hope Hull sign another keeper and quick .... but somehow think they'll be back with a more tempting offer.

We won't cave in on everyone some we really need to keep as we could not replace them.

As for the FFP we have no way round it as our owners have lent the club the money not given it to the club at 8% intrest.

This is the very reason FFP has been set up to stop owners shafting clubs like portsmouth have been.

The only way our owners can get round it is to give the club the money ie a big sponsorship deal.

They won't they don't love us and are pimping our club.

If we go up they will sign deals back home for rights and our club will see nothing.

MM sold out at pompey and did not care who got it he did not care when he left us n won't when he leaves wednesday for his nxt victim.

If our owners loved us so much why would they put 8% on loans. THEY ARE HERE ONLY TO MAKE MONEY not for me you or the club we love.

If Morgan is sold and with Keane gone back,we would be starting the season with a fresh centre half pairing who would not know each others strengths,not ideal really.

And probably a new keeper.... Good luck Nige

remind me how many clean sheets we had with morgan in the side??

wait don't tell me, it doesn't matter because he's a great player and therefore you don't know anything about football.

just like waghorns stats should be ignored because he tries hard too.

Personally think Wes is a quality Championship defender, he was very good for us last season and would be a miss, however he is far from irreplacable! If we signed him for 1 million to get 1.5 million for a player a year older and let's face it not young would be a good deal imo. He's Nottingham born, a F*rest fan and prior to joining us a 1 club man! If they do put in that bid and Wes wants to go I would wish him all the best and snap their hands off personally!

Good player. Had a decent season. But certainly not an Earth-shattering disaster if he left either. At 29, he won't have too much time left at his peak, and he'd get slaughtered in the Prem. If we can get a good fee, then why not? No point keeping a player who may want out. 

Archived