Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

If our squad stayed the same...

If our squad stayed the same...  

188 members have voted

1. 1. If the squad stayed the same, where would we finish?

• Automatic promotion
    • Play-offs
    • Just outside the play-offs
    • Mid-table
    • Relegation battle
    • Dead, buried and back in League One

So you think we're capable of making the playoffs?

On the plus side, the squad clearly only needs a couple of additions to be challenging.

I'll go for 7th again this coming season, Rich.

How things stand at present I think the last two seasons were probably the biggest chance we've had in years. I reckon it'll be even more competitive this season.

As I've said many times, we'll be ok at home. Pearson needs to turn good away performances into victories for us to really push on.

I'll go for 7th again this coming season, Rich.

How things stand at present I think the last two seasons were probably the biggest chance we've had in years. I reckon it'll be even more competitive this season.

As I've said many times, we'll be ok at home. Pearson needs to turn good away performances into victories for us to really push on.

I think this squad will have learnt a lot since last season, so I'm quietly confident. I think we'll make the playoffs at the minute and with a couple of canny signings, we could surprise a few people.

I don't think the relegated teams are a massive threat. Wigan have got Coyle, who could go either way, and they've got Europe to contend with as well. Adkins still doesn't have me convinced that he's this amazing manager who cannot fail, and while Reading have made a few decent signings, I'm not convinced they'll run away with it by any stretch. As for QPR? Well the whole squad is going to be taken apart, it's full of egos and I'm not sure whether Redknapp will stick around, or if he'll even be that good in the Championship.

As for our rivals in the Championship? I think Bolton are the main threat, I would expect them to do well. Also, I think Forest could do well too. Apart from that, I don't think there's anyone we should fear in there. I don't think Brighton or Watford will be anywhere near as strong this season and as for the rest of the Championship? We can beat any of them on our day.

Guest MattP

Somewhere between 5th and 9th I have to take a guess at.

A good centre half in next to Wes and another quality attacking winger/off the striker positional player and anything is possible.

While it would be nice to strengthen, I see no reason why the same squad can't do as good if not better than last season - think it's very unlikely we'd have a blip as bad as we did last season so top-6 should be achievable

There's always loans if we don't buy anyone

I've voted for "Play Offs", would be "Automatic" if we had at least one more quality Centre Back and a Striker capable of making Nugent & Wood play out of their skins at the thought of real competition from another goalscoring centre forward. And it's a long long season and not everyone will be available every week. 

I've based that prediction on ability but we still need to avoid a repeat of the crash of 2013 and hope they are mentally right after what happened last season.

Unless the team has some additions we may scrape into the playoffs as

Reading will be strong

Wigan have not lost anyone really

Bolton and Forest have improved their squads

But then again our team will have gained experience from last season and can be better.

we need

Centre Half

Left Back.... unless we convert Schlupp

Wide midfield player

Strong central midfield player

Zak Whitbread - can barely move.

Richie Wellens - can barely move.

Paul Konchesky - give it 6 months and he will barely be able to move.

All 3 of those need replacing CB/CM/LB.

Plus I would like to get rid of Danns, St Ledger, Gallagher and Futacs.

I would like to see Cain, Hopper and Taft given a shot this season.

Nowhere near good enough for automatic. Deluding yourselves if you really think that. When push comes to shove this manager and team ain't got what it takes in my opinion. No doubt we'll be flattering to deceive again though because the League is always close pointwise.  

Nowhere near good enough for automatic. Deluding yourselves if you really think that. When push comes to shove this manager and team ain't got what it takes in my opinion. No doubt we'll be flattering to deceive again though because the League is always close pointwise.

Though I'm tending towards agreeing, I'm prepared to now give Pearson another season. It would certainly upset the squad and what he's trying to achieve if we changed things again now.

However, I maintain its his final good go at getting us up IMO. If we fail again (and make no bones about it, we HAVE failed under both Sven and Nige), then we need to freshen things up and get a new man in with new ideas.

Kasper

Richie\Liam         Wes          Loan\Zak          Geoff\Paul

Ben\Jamie          Andy\Danny          Matty          Lloyd\Anthony

Chris          David

just thinking out loud,

We're alright, we're ok, we're reasonable, we're not bad, we're... well you get the point. Close, but no cigar.

4 new (half-decent) players scrapes us the play offs.

6 new players (which will definitely not happen) pushes for the top 2.

I think we have a very decent shout at the playoffs but are a little light if we have an injury or two and could do with another solid centre back to play with Wes and another left back.  I like the midfield 3 and debate whether we really need an "enforcer".  Some of the stuff we played in our pomp last season was awesome.  I don't think it would hurt though if we did get one...  Forwards wise, I think we have goals but again, strengthening for cover and injury wouldn't hurt.

Think we'd probably finish 8th with our current side, we wont trouble the play offs without another decent center half in the squad

Couldn't agree more.

This squad needs:

An experienced, quick central defender

A midfield tough tackler

A quick right winger

A good left back

Then we'd have a great shout of a good season.

Archived