Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
foxfanazer

Sir Anthony of Knockaert

Recommended Posts

Posted

Was just thinking about squad for the upcoming season, as you do. With the likelihood of not many incoming transfers I was thinking who needs to step up and be our special player this season.

All teams that get promoted seem to have that one standout player and I feel Knockaert could/should be ours.

I'd go as far to say that if played in the right position we could have the best player in this division, he has the ability to turn a game around with a piece of magic that you rarely see in the championship. Here's to hoping he is up to it!

Posted

It's imperitive that he improves and becomes even more important for us next season but likewise Ben Marshall, Chris Wood and Andy King. They are game changers and we need them to be more consistent and we need our manager to give them the platform and freedom to do so.

Posted

I would like NP to please remove himself from the notion of playing 4-4-2 it is drab formation in a different era.

 

4-2-2-2 would be far more beneficial allowing Knockaert and Marshall to be played centrally!

Posted

I say give him a free reign!

 

He's very good at making space for himself to receive the ball and letting him roam in the final third would be a very astute move.

Posted

4-2-2-2 would be far more beneficial allowing Knockaert and Marshall to be played centrally!

 

That's my formation on Fifa and I've won the Premiership and Champions league 5 times. 

Posted

That's my formation on Fifa and I've won the Premiership and Champions league 5 times.

If only you had applied for the managers post when sven left.
Posted

Don't think Cardiff and Hull and one stand out player? I know Palace had Murray scoring most of the goals but that was mainly through the quality of there wingers

Posted

Don't think Cardiff and Hull and one stand out player? I know Palace had Murray scoring most of the goals but that was mainly through the quality of there wingers

Cardiff always had Whittingham as there standout player. You're right though Hull are the exception to my theory
Posted

Drinkwater & /or James need to dominate the middle, & allow King to use his guile

Marshall needs to really step up, we know he's capable

Wood needs to get back to the goals he scored for Millwall & earlier on for us.

Knockaert is a bit of a selfish enigma, he's the slowest player I've ever seen, constantly runs into deadends then falls over to make an excuse for his lack of pace... rarely makes a pass when other players a far better placed, he really needs to grow as a player & put his obvious natural talent to better use for the good of the team.

Hope he can kick on as a team player, if he does he could be the difference we need.

I also wonder if the fan's unquestioning loyalty to him has gone to his head, not that he should be hung drawn & quarter but some constructive comments wouldn't go amiss

Posted

Needs to play behind the striker for me, not out wide. Same with Marshall as well, who I hope has gained some confidence back because on his day, he can be a great player for us as well. Only thing that frustrates me with Knockaert is the fact he sometimes fails to pass.

Posted

He wasn't though? You can't say Whittingham stood out in the championship last season

Ok you're right, I'm wrong.

The point was more about knockaert anyway and most promoted teams usually have a standout player, clearly not Hull or Cardiff

Posted

He wasn't though? You can't say Whittingham stood out in the championship last season

 

Bellemy was their difference, was he outstanding every week? No, but in tight games he was the winner

Posted

Stand by he's the player we ought to build this squad around. Most naturally gifted player we've had in years and I genuinely do believe he can play at a very high level one day, it's just a case of getting the best out of him and allowing him to develop his own way, because we'll do well to get someone with his kind of ability in this league.

Posted

Was just thinking about squad for the upcoming season, as you do. With the likelihood of not many incoming transfers I was thinking who needs to step up and be our special player this season.

All teams that get promoted seem to have that one standout player and I feel Knockaert could/should be ours.

I'd go as far to say that if played in the right position we could have the best player in this division, he has the ability to turn a game around with a piece of magic that you rarely see in the championship. Here's to hoping he is up to it!

Pearson does not have a clue as to what "his right position" is.

Guest Bilo
Posted

I just hope that penalty miss at Watford hasn't damaged him. He's a young lad who suffered a pretty devastating footballing experience.

 

On the other hand, that could give him fresh impetus to absolutely tear this league up. I wouldn't want to be a Championship defender if that happens.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...