Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
?????

Beckford to Bolton Complete!

To be fair to the guy, he never really said he didn't want to play for the club. I maybe liked to see him have one more chance, but then again I don't think he quite fits into the young system that Nigel's has picked up. Well thank you Beckford for the hat trick against Forest! 

Billy Sharp a replacement?, or didn't he turn us down last time?

His body language certainly did and the fact you've suggested a player who's turned us down twice as an alternative sums up your low standards.

Is there any evidence to that attitude though??? I genuinely ask because I haven't seen anything to suggest he has an attitude apart from his unfortunate body language.

His cockiness when he got here really did set him on a path that would go one of two ways and it went the wrong way. Whilst he may not have made those noises in the media (other than that) there's no smoke without fire with the bloke - literally every fanbase he's played under he's had criticism for his attitude.

The two most skillful strikers we've had in recent years are Yakubu and Beckford. neither looked very interested on the pitch, one scored freely, the other did not. neither are with us anymore. but if anybody on here thinks people like waghorn or Vardy are better because they  run around a lot they need their heads examined.

sad that nige couldn't get the best out of him, but it happens.

Glad to read in the Merc that Freedman said we drove a hard bargain.

I will look forward to greeting each and every "Beckford has scored, why didn't we keep him" post with £££££££'s, seeing as we will make mucho dinero with each goal he gets.

Good luck Jermaine, fingers crossed you manage to score more than 9 in the league before you turn 30.

I will look forward to greeting each and every "Beckford has scored, why didn't we keep him" post with £££££££'s, seeing as we will make mucho dinero with each goal he gets.

Good luck Jermaine, fingers crossed you manage to score more than 9 in the league before you turn 30.

I must say it's a clever add-on in the contract.

This season could finally prove whether Beckford was worth all the praise or not - I mean, now he's got the incentive to score bucketloads, right? :)

And if he scores 15, 20 or more - good for us, we can recoup some of the money we've lost over the last few months.

He was a a classic example of being signed by one manager and just not fitting with the next manager's plans or style.

Shame ... I thought he could have been a good signing .... but as he was never going to make it here then I'm glad for all aprties he's moved on.

That should give us some money now ...... can we look forward to signing someone now!!!??

Didn't particularly fit with Sven's plans or style either! Did he even score a single goal under Sven?

Never felt such a dislike for a Leicester player. From his petulance at Peterborough, to him high fiving a player away at Charlton when he was nut megged by him, to him high fiving and laughing with Pederson away at Blackburn on the full time whistle (who'd scored the winner), whilst the rest of our players looked gutted. His cameo against Blackpool at home when he came on as sub and looked like someone who'd never played football before. 90% of his performances for us, where he couldn't control a football, didnt make runs, didn't close defenders down, just basically didn't give a toss

He's a bad egg. I don't care how many goals he gets at Bolton, he's bad news and we are well shot.

And he was absolute crap under Sven as well as Nigel. So all the Pearson critics who say he 'can't handle big name players' are WRONG

Never felt such a dislike for a Leicester player. From his petulance at Peterborough, to him high fiving a player away at Charlton when he was nut megged by him, to him high fiving and laughing with Pederson away at Blackburn on the full time whistle (who'd scored the winner), whilst the rest of our players looked gutted. His cameo against Blackpool at home when he came on as sub and looked like someone who'd never played football before. 90% of his performances for us, where he couldn't control a football, didnt make runs, didn't close defenders down, just basically didn't give a toss

He's a bad egg. I don't care how many goals he gets at Bolton, he's bad news and we are well shot.

And he was absolute crap under Sven as well as Nigel. So all the Pearson critics who say he 'can't handle big name players' are WRONG

I don't dislike him, nothing was ever personal.

I just didn't like how he performed on the pitch (except a few games) and I thought he was exceptionally bad value for money.

He could go to Bolton and score 15 goals in the league, if he does good luck to him (£££££'s). But they won't have signed him for anything close to what we paid and probably aren't paying those kind of wages either. So for them he won't be such bad value as he was for us.

One in seven I think.

Great return. So he's been here for roughly 98 weeks, scored 15 goals and is rumoured to be on upwards of £20,000 a week.

If he was earning £20,000 a week then we've paid him around £1.96m in wages for his time here. Which means the 15 goals he's scored for Leicester have cost us around £130,000 each.

If he was earning £30,000 a week then we've paid him around £2.94m in wages for his time here. Which means the 15 goals he's scored for Leicester have cost us around £196,000 each.

Whatever way you spin it... what a ****ing waste of money.

Great return. So he's been here for roughly 98 weeks, scored 15 goals and is rumoured to be on upwards of £20,000 a week.

If he was earning £20,000 a week then we've paid him around £1.96m in wages for his time here. Which means the 15 goals he's scored for Leicester have cost us around £130,000 each.

If he was earning £30,000 a week then we've paid him around £2.94m in wages for his time here. Which means the 15 goals he's scored for Leicester have cost us around £196,000 each.

Whatever way you spin it... what a ****ing waste of money.

And that's not even taking into account the original transfer fee 

And that's not even taking into account the original transfer fee 

If I did that, I think I'd possibly have a breakdown.

Football's just obscene, there's people who are barely scraping by all over the world and these twats are being paid millions to not even be that good at their jobs.

If I did that, I think I'd possibly have a breakdown.

Football's just obscene, there's people who are barely scraping by all over the world and these twats are being paid millions to not even be that good at their jobs.

And yet a lot say he has a contract and that's what counts. It's a shame he has not shown a little appreciation for the "gift" he has and what it has brought him, which is a lot more than he would have realasitcaly could have expected.

Yeah I agree .... never feels like we sell well.

Oh and before Colchester city fan gets his knickers in a twist ... that's as a club and historically not a dig at your boyfriend.

Yeah I agree .... never feels like we sell well.

Oh and before Colchester city fan gets his knickers in a twist ... that's as a club and historically not a dig at your boyfriend.

You make some decent posts Wally. Some of which I'm sure I've agreed with and have said so.

I think people would read you and accept you more if you tried to balance some of your stuff about the manager. We share reservations about him, which we've discussed before. Now is the time to wait and see. See who we sign (if anyone), see what the first few games hold, how we play in them and whether the 'project' is moving in the right direction.

Patience is important at this juncture. He's not gone, I doubt he's going. Lets just see what transpires from now on. If it looks like we are playing shite from the off, I'll be with you, scrutinising, critiquing. Now ain't the time.

Lets see what happens but I still stand by my point that this season coming is critical for NP I doubt he will get offered another contract if he doesn't lead City to promotion, unless of course there is progress on last season, but the only thing that would constitute progress would be promotion though well unless he leads us to an FA Cup Victory.  :thumbup:

Lets see what happens but I still stand by my point that this season coming is critical for NP I doubt he will get offered another contract if he doesn't lead City to promotion, unless of course there is progress on last season, but the only thing that would constitute progress would be promotion though well unless he leads us to an FA Cup Victory.  :thumbup:

Even if we tread water or have just minor progress again you could see him stay, the owners will know how much the wage bill will have been slashed come the end of the season compared to when he came in. If they see that and the reduced costs then that's something they wouldn't ignore.

Even if we tread water or have just minor progress again you could see him stay, the owners will know how much the wage bill will have been slashed come the end of the season compared to when he came in. If they see that and the reduced costs then that's something they wouldn't ignore.

All depends how ambitious they are. I don't know? Do you?

It could just as easily be that Nigel's remit in his second full season is promotion.

Only he and the Thais will know this I would imagine.

Slashing a wage bill may have been the minimum expectation?

This is fantastic news. I honestly thought that the deal would be off and we'd be stuck with Beckford until his contract ran out, maybe lending him out every now and again. Great to hear that we didn't let Bolton shaft us, even though everyone knows we were desperate to sell.

I doubt this will mean we can sign anyone yet, but this is a huge step in the right direction. Of all the players we wanted to shift, JB was top of the list. Hopefully Danns, Wellens, Gallagher or St. Ledger will follow him out the door soon enough.

Beckford has to be one of the worst signings I can remember. Maybe he will do well for Bolton, but I can't see it myself.

Archived