Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
?????

Beckford to Bolton Complete!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/8828305/Transfer-News-Bolton-sign-Jermaine-Beckford-from-Leicester

Transfer News: Bolton sign Jermaine Beckford from Leicester

Last Updated: July 17, 2013 5:28pm

Beckford_2918320.jpg?20130413170251

Jermaine Beckford: Striker has moved from Leicester to Bolton

Bolton have completed the signing of striker Jermaine Beckford from Championship rivals Leicester for an undisclosed fee.

The former Leeds and Everton front man has signed a two-year contract as Wanderers boss Dougie Freedman continued to reshape his squad for the new season.

Freedman knows the 29-year-old well from his own stint at Elland Road, and the Scotsman revealed he has been hoping to secure Beckford for some time.

"We have worked very hard in order to bring Jermaine to the club," Freedman said.

"Jermaine is someone I know, and I have previously played alongside him, so I know his character.

"He is a goal scorer."

What an utter fiasco the whole 'Beckford saga' has proven to be. Signed to a fanfare of adulation. Then those stil insisting that Beckford was the answer. Very few league goals, loaned out etc etc etc.

Personally, no City player in recent years has frustrated me like Jermaine. Thinking that he had something to offer, then seeing him play like a willy puller on the pitch.

I'm glad he's finally gone. Yet, I wouldn't be surprised if he scores for fun at Bolton.

Such is Mr Beckford.

What an utter fiasco the whole 'Beckford saga' has proven to be. Signed to a fanfare of adulation. Then those stil insisting that Beckford was the answer. Very few league goals, loaned out etc etc etc.

Personally, no City player in recent years has frustrated me like Jermaine. Thinking that he had something to offer, then seeing him play like a willy puller on the pitch.

I'm glad he's finally gone. Yet, I wouldn't be surprised if he scores for fun at Bolton.

Such is Mr Beckford.

You may be right bud, personally don't think he will but time will tell! So glad the overrate underperforming ego has gone myself :P

Mixed feelings for me. I really liked the prospect of him playing for us, and he had some brief moments when he did do well, but never quite lived up to his hype or our expectation, especially considering his wages. Glad he's off the wage bill though, that's got to bring our average salary across the squad down a fair bit.

Amusingly he was sold by the new top dog without the knowledge of most of the coaching staff who had thought he was still knocking about.

Archived