Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silverdaz

Why do some people actually dislike Pearson as manager

Yes I have a lovely pair, thanks for asking.

Wanna bet against me on this?

100%

Cuddly i for one hope you are right. However, I believe you have made statements like this in the past and it hasn't happened. We will wait and see I give him six games though this season.

I used the plural form because there clearly is more than one Pearson hater and all they do is use the same repetitious and worn-out argument when they're trying to make a point.

Namely, that one bad patch, one bad series of results is allegedly proof enough that Pearson's not up to it.

My point exactly you are putting people in pigeon holes, which by rights is as bad as when I called people Pearson lovers?.

And all the pro supporters can say is the people who don't rate Pearson only use the bad run for the best part of a third of a season, but forgetting that aside the fact we have been so inconsistent since his return, and we seem no closer to getting that consistency is irrelevant, I for one hope he does do well this season, but like probably alot of the ' Pearson haters' i won't hold my breath.

I personally don't get alot of the faith people have, that he will get us promoted, and again some of the criticism is a bit harsh, he isn't a bad manager and hasn't done a bad job, he done ok considering the investment prior to his return, and after he has done an average job, will average get us promoted?.

I don't want to go round the silliness again babs, it doesn't read that way, if he had said Pearson hater yes, but haters, as more than one.

But hey ho lets keep the debate constructive

True, apologies. Although several people have admitted to hating him, and none loving him so ;)

My point exactly you are putting people in pigeon holes, which by rights is as bad as when I called people Pearson lovers?.

And all the pro supporters can say is the people who don't rate Pearson only use the bad run for the best part of a third of a season, but forgetting that aside the fact we have been so inconsistent since his return, and we seem no closer to getting that consistency is irrelevant, I for one hope he does do well this season, but like probably alot of the ' Pearson haters' i won't hold my breath.

I personally don't get alot of the faith people have, that he will get us promoted, and again some of the criticism is a bit harsh, he isn't a bad manager and hasn't done a bad job, he done ok considering the investment prior to his return, and after he has done an average job, will average get us promoted?.

By coming up with the same repetitious shallow words and the mention of ONE particularly bad run, I don't see that as "pigeon holing" when several posters do it all the time.

It's like a broken record that spins and spins and spins. Repeating the same mundane claptrap from previous seasons doesn't make it better, I think I've clearly had my fill.

The term "Pearson lovers" would rightfully apply if there was such a thing. On the other hand, there's a handful of posters on here that wish the manager nothing but the worst, hence the "hater" part.

Getting into the playoffs on two different occasions, with a season in between, doesn't strike you as "consistent"? Then how do you define consistency?

Calling Pearson "average" is harsh, he's done a good job so far and this season will prove whether he's really good and able to handle a small squad held back by financial constraints.

I don't understand why we're always to be promoted? I really don't see a prerogative here. Yes, it's great to reach the Premier League, but you need to be able to maintain a steady flow for 46+ games and no one can answer that question as of right now, as it is way too early.

By coming up with the same repetitious shallow words and the mention of ONE particularly bad run, I don't see that as "pigeon holing" when severel posters do it all the time.

It's like a broken record that spins and spins and spins. Repeating the same mundane claptrap from previous seasons doesn't make it better, I think I've clearly had my fill.

The term "Pearson lovers" would rightfully apply if there was such a thing. On the other hand, there's a handful of posters on here that wish the manager nothing but the worst, hence the "hater" part.

Getting into the playoffs on two different occasions, with a season in between, doesn't strike you as "consistent"? Then how do you define consistency?

Calling Pearson "average" is harsh, he's done a good job so far and this season will prove whether he's really good and able to handle a small squad held back by financial constraints.

I don't understand why we're always to be promoted? I really don't see a prerogative here. Yes, it's great to reach the Premier League, but you need to be able to maintain a steady flow for 46+ games and no one can answer that question as of right now, as it is way too early.

I did stated since his return he hasn't found consistency, the season he returned he couldn't get consistency, and we as supporters had "delusions of grandeur " because we expected a bit better, last season we couldn't get consistent results or performances, and I have stated before at times he had us playing good stuff, and wouldn't have feared playing anyone, but no we lost consistency and had a massive " crisis in confidence", which appeared for a long, long time he was clueless or powerless to rectify.

It's irrelevant because it didn't happen, but if we lost at forest not making the playoffs probably would have seen sacked.

People who support him totally state we had a young side, Pearson knew the remit so should have brought in experience.

He has stated today he's happy with the squad and expects to be challenging, so we will see this season how good he really is.

Like I said earlier, except if we start with the run we had at the end of the season,which I doubt, give him the whole season, and if he fails to deliver say goodbye, and bring someone in with fresh ideas, with a full preseason behind them.

I did stated since his return he hasn't found consistency, the season he returned he couldn't get consistency, and we as supporters had "delusions of grandeur " because we expected a bit better, last season we couldn't get consistent results or performances, and I have stated before at times he had us playing good stuff, and wouldn't have feared playing anyone, but no we lost consistency and had a massive " crisis in confidence", which appeared for a long, long time he was clueless or powerless to rectify.

It's irrelevant because it didn't happen, but if we lost at forest not making the playoffs probably would have seen sacked.

People who support him totally state we had a young side, Pearson knew the remit so should have brought in experience.

He has stated today he's happy with the squad and expects to be challenging, so we will see this season how good he really is.

Like I said earlier, except if we start with the run we had at the end of the season,which I doubt, give him the whole season, and if he fails to deliver say goodbye, and bring someone in with fresh ideas, with a full preseason behind them.

See, that's what I call a fruitful discussion. :thumbup:

I can't but agree with all of that.

However, as for the "consistency" bit, I find it a bit of an overreaction when you consider the time it takes to shape a team/a squad with the manager's philosophy, clearing out the deadwood, instilling a collective belief, etc.

I find it somewhat surprising that some fans are still under the illusion that a manager can perform miracles and turn it all around in such a short period of time.

In order to build on something longer-lasting, you need at last two consecutive seasons. That's why I've said a few times that this season could be quite revealing in many ways.

Pearson can't come up with a lot of excuses anymore, because for the first time in years, he's worked with the same core squad.

In order to play a "Plan A" you need to have one.

I'm sure other managers put their players in different positions at times, and it wasn't always his own undoing - injuries and suspensions also played their part.

The "stubborn" use of 4-4-2 is as big a myth as the one with the "biggest purse".

I agree with you on the substitution part, he tends to change things around when it's already too late (subs in the 80th minute or later and sometimes just two players instead of all three).

The playoffs are always a lottery and we were one shot away from the Playoff final.

Try again.

i don't need to 'try again' mr prussian. if we were having this debate from the heady heights of the premier league you could tell me to STFU. but we're in the same division as yeovil. this isn't about whether he's a good manager or not, it's about why you don't like him. these are my reasons.

i don't need to 'try again' mr prussian. if we were having this debate from the heady heights of the premier league you could tell me to STFU. but we're in the same division as yeovil. this isn't about whether he's a good manager or not, it's about why you don't like him. these are my reasons.

Yeovil have earned their right to play in the Championship, so did Peterborough before them (a side we and other "top teams" struggled against on numerous occasions). But thanks for chucking a random team name in.

It's the Championship and as last season proved, the difference between top and bottom sides has blurred even more.

And thank you for proving my point: For you and many other critics, it's not about whether Pearson is a good manager or not, it's about whether you like him or not. A completely irrational game of personal preference.

Cuddly i for one hope you are right. However, I believe you have made statements like this in the past and it hasn't happened. We will wait and see I give him six games though this season.

Yes I have made the odd incorrect statement but this is 100% on the money.

Hasn't anyone noticed the completely lack of interest NP seems to be showing.

Like I say I feel sorry for him, as his hands seem tied with what he can do at the club now.

I wonder how long it will be before people start guessing who our next manager will be?

Lets just say I don't need to guess,,,,,,,,

shows no emotion , no tactics ,pig headed , boring and his scouting network is pretty poor apart from 2 players , he's a league 1 manager , yh he got us in the play offs but by luck and a of it and if we had have gone into the form we were in in the last 19 games any earlier in the season we would of been in league 1 , honestly cant see how he thinks this squad is god enough because the league will be a lot tougher next season and that bunch of players who played those 19 games are not good enough

"Scouting network pretty poor" - that comment makes you look a right cvnt

Yes I have made the odd incorrect statement but this is 100% on the money.

Hasn't anyone noticed the completely lack of interest NP seems to be showing.

Like I say I feel sorry for him, as his hands seem tied with what he can do at the club now.

I wonder how long it will be before people start guessing who our next manager will be?

Lets just say I don't need to guess,,,,,,,,

Then tell us who it is ITK cuddly ken..

And people critisis Pearosn for saying we have delusions of grandure- Yeovil deserve to be we're they are. We are also in the same division as 2 for European cup winners, the FA cup holders, one of the biggest spending clubs in Europe last season, but ey that would ruin a good story wouldn't it..

shows no emotion , no tactics ,pig headed , boring and his scouting network is pretty poor apart from 2 players , he's a league 1 manager , yh he got us in the play offs but by luck and a of it and if we had have gone into the form we were in in the last 19 games any earlier in the season we would of been in league 1 , honestly cant see how he thinks this squad is god enough because the league will be a lot tougher next season and that bunch of players who played those 19 games are not good enough

Who are these two players then? He brought Morgan, Marshall, Knockaert, Wood and James all to the club. All good players. If you look back to the time before as well; Hobbs, Wellens, Tunchev and the loans of Cleverly and Davies. His scouting network is one of his better attributes imo.

You cannot guide a team to the play offs (twice ffs) by 'luck'. A team might get 'lucky' in a cup game, but they cannot over a season because it is played over 40+ games which is why the best team always finishes top and the worst team always finished bottom.

The leagues always tough. Look at when he was first here, we had to compete with West Brom and Newcastle, who have the same quality (or even more) than the likes of Reading and Wigan this season. He might not think the squad is strong enough, how do we know, but then again he isn't in a position to strengthen it.

Is it Poyet, as was reported a few weeks ago ?  It can't be long before he FINALLY sorts out his Brighton compo.

Compensation has been agreed, if the Thais want Poyet surely they would of sacked NP by now, whatever game they are playing it isn't very calculated imo.

I don't dislike Pearson, but I worry about his man management skills. Not really sure that he has the dressing room on his side. 

Clearly Beckford did not want to play for him, I don't think Woods wants to play for him. A few others too. 

Professional players on big wages should be above letting personalities get in the way, but unfortunately, I don't think they are.

At the end of last season something was clearly wrong in the camp, we went game after game without winning. Many of those

games we should have won. Last time we did that was in the Peter Taylor era. We should really have got promotion last season; 

at the end of January we were well poised for it. Then we collapsed. That's got to be down to the manager.

Sorry if that upsets some fans. But there you go.

I don't dislike Pearson, but I worry about his man management skills. Not really sure that he has the dressing room on his side. 

Clearly Beckford did not want to play for him, I don't think Woods wants to play for him. A few others too. 

Professional players on big wages should be above letting personalities get in the way, but unfortunately, I don't think they are.

At the end of last season something was clearly wrong in the camp, we went game after game without winning. Many of those

games we should have won. Last time we did that was in the Peter Taylor era. We should really have got promotion last season; 

at the end of January we were well poised for it. Then we collapsed. That's got to be down to the manager.

Do you not think there might be rather a lot of guess work involved in half of that? No problem with people not liking him for stuff we can all see on the pitch, I really don't think people need to start guessing at problems that might not even be there and using them as a reason to not like the manager.

Do you not think there might be rather a lot of guess work involved in half of that? No problem with people not liking him for stuff we can all see on the pitch, I really don't think people need to start guessing at problems that might not even be there and using them as a reason to not like the manager.

I don't understand the argument about big wages, because Nugent, Konchesky and Schmeichel earn a fair amount and they seemingly have no problem with the manager and vice versa.

I think Pearson's weaknesses are resorting to a long ball style (or more direct) if things start to turn for the worse, putting players out of their natural position and not using our Academy, which is highly-rated, too often.

Phrases like clueless and clown are way over the top, he just seems to be average more than anything.

The Guardian don't like him either

PEARSON'S LAST CHANCE

Such was the nature of Leicester's defeat to Watford in the play-off semi-finals that many forgot it was something of a failure that the team found themselves in that position in the first place. Leicester looked candidates for automatic promotion until a late-season collapse in form meant they almost missed out on the play-offs. Nigel Pearson kept his job, but at a club of wealth and ambition, he is unlikely to get away with another failure to reach the Premier League's promised land.

PEARSON'S LAST CHANCE

Such was the nature of Leicester's defeat to Watford in the play-off semi-finals that many forgot it was something of a failure that the team found themselves in that position in the first place. Leicester looked candidates for automatic promotion until a late-season collapse in form meant they almost missed out on the play-offs. Nigel Pearson kept his job, but at a club of wealth and ambition, he is unlikely to get away with another failure to reach the Premier League's promised land.

He's out of contract next season... so yeah, it's his last chance.

Don't you think that if there were unrest in the dressing room, it would've led to issues much earlier? Surely if one or more players are giving the manager billy bollocks, then either the manager has the authority to restrain them (by banning them to the youth team or by handing out fees) or the club comes in and tries to solve the problem in a short amount of time, without too much hassle.

I don't buy into "lost the dressing room" argument, as we don't know what's going on behind the scenes and even the smallest outbursts of rage or frustration are often misreported and blown out of proportion.

Beckford was on a lot of wages and had a clause in his contract that would've led to us paying Everton even more money - considering FFP is just around the corner, it was a wise decision not to play him from a financial point of view.

Btw, it's Wood, not Woods. And he picked up an injury late last season that prevented him from playing up to his full potential, nothing to do with Pearson.

Maybe, just maybe losing a larger number of games isn't just down to the manager solely, but also the players' fault for not turning up on the specific day...

Compensation has been agreed, if the Thais want Poyet surely they would of sacked NP by now, whatever game they are playing it isn't very calculated imo.

Where did you hear that HF?  The last I heard, was that Brighton had ,"upheld Poyet's dismissal" at their own Appeals Committee and that Gus, his Lawyers and the League Managers Association people, were considering an appeal to a, "higher body".  I don't know who that could be - it won't be the FA, as it's an employment law matter - I guess it would be a Employment Tribunal?  If they are appealing, Brighton won't have agreed any 'compo' yet. 

If it is does go to Tribunal, that would take a few weeks/months to sort out.  That could tie-in with what Cuddly Ken is saying - ie the job has been offered to him, but he can't take it up yet until the Tribunal business is finalised (or compensation is agreed outside the Tribunal).  In that case, Nige will probably have a couple of months to prove the doubters wrong - ie have us in the top 3 or 4.

PEARSON'S LAST CHANCE

Think this could have an element of truth

Archived