Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
newbie123

Derby away

I've never done this, just stick with phoning.

Do you select seats or are they just given?

You select the price band- adult/u18 etc then the next drop down menu allows you only to pick internet. So you have no control as to where you're stood. But I never pay any attention to that anyway, I just head to the back

You select the price band- adult/u18 etc then the next drop down menu allows you only to pick internet. So you have no control as to where you're stood. But I never pay any attention to that anyway, I just head to the back

Im not knocking the way you do it,but what happens when the person who is supposed to be were you are turns up.Ive had people in my seats before then think im a dick ed for asking them to move.I make sure ive got a ticket at the back nearly all the time,but im not one of these who likes to get to my seat an hour before kick off.Much prefer an extra pint in the pub.And as long as my ticket says row Z that's were im standing.Again not knocking your way but its less stressfull just gatting a ticket at the back.

Gonna be my first trip to derby with my mates, we are going on the train, what time should we try and get the train? Want to be with a lot of city fans, got targeted at millwall last year when it was just 3 of us, also if anyone has any other advice about. First away day with the lads It would be very helpful :)

Gonna be my first trip to derby with my mates, we are going on the train, what time should we try and get the train? Want to be with a lot of city fans, got targeted at millwall last year when it was just 3 of us, also if anyone has any other advice about. First away day with the lads It would be very helpful :)

Were you in colours at Millwall or do you look quite 'fresh faced'?

Derby really isn't like Millwall (and tbh Millwall isn't bad if you just tube in and out), beer at the ground if you want to be incredibly safe. As long as you're not a gobby twat all pubs are safe (except those with no away or colour policy), if you want safety in numbers aim to arrive around 2. 

We weren't in colours and tbh we aren't the smallest lads so probably just a few wrong'uns, we are only 16 so unless you fancy buying us a few pints don't think it matters about the pubs ;)

How long does the train take? What time will most city fans get it from Leicester?

We weren't in colours and tbh we aren't the smallest lads so probably just a few wrong'uns, we are only 16 so unless you fancy buying us a few pints don't think it matters about the pubs ;)

How long does the train take? What time will most city fans get it from Leicester?

You'll have looked like day trippers then.

Why not go on the trainline and have a look at train times, that'll help you see how long it takes.

Im not knocking the way you do it,but what happens when the person who is supposed to be were you are turns up.Ive had people in my seats before then think im a dick ed for asking them to move.I make sure ive got a ticket at the back nearly all the time,but im not one of these who likes to get to my seat an hour before kick off.Much prefer an extra pint in the pub.And as long as my ticket says row Z that's were im standing.Again not knocking your way but its less stressfull just gatting a ticket at the back.

No I know, I've had it done to me too. But as you're standing it's possible to get a few more people on a row anyway. Im equally as relaxes about someone taking my seat as I am about taking theirs.

If I have a say in it yes. I'm going with my old bosses who are being taken for a meal etc first by a boiler rep so not sure where I'll be

Ah right fair enough. I'll see you in there if you manage to sway them that way

One random question for you all, how do you guys manage to get to so many away games with work etc? Surely some of you must work Saturdays? Random I know

Got mine last Thursday hoping for a better performance than last time

i myself only have a part time job being 16... earns me enough to go and see LCFC each week. hopefully going to all home games (STH) and 10 away games

One random question for you all, how do you guys manage to get to so many away games with work etc? Surely some of you must work Saturdays? Random I know

Got mine last Thursday hoping for a better performance than last time

I only work Monday to Friday. Will perhaps have the option of working Saturday morning if I choose.

This will be my last away game til Watford where I'm hoping our lot will pull their fingers out and stop the night there. If not I shant be going there either.

Oh and my gaffers are all city fans so they don't even ask me to work on a Saturday matchday. They even let me travel back during the week using their van if there's a game midweek and I'm supposed to be lodging out.

I may make Charlton away as there's a slim chance I'll be working in London that week.

If Carlsberg did bosses...

Row U is the back row, or at least second to back as thats where i was when we won 1-0 and i still have the stub.

Last year i was row B, which is the second row from the front of the second tier, this year im row GG and believe that will be the last few rows of the first tier.

I say tiers but its hardly a tier at all, just a gap where steps are etc.

Archived