Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
newbie123

Derby away

Very surprised by this.

With my missus being a Liverpool fan, we she comes with me to several Leicester away games, we try and do the occasional Liverpool game when it's convenient. 

As a non STH I looked at this game and thought 'Saturday 3pm at Derby?  No chance of general sale' so decided to go for Liverpool vs Stoke tickets (it'll be a thriller, mark my words).  Ah well!  I've been four times and my record's got gradually worse there so maybe it's for the best. 

I think the new stadium buzz has vanished from Brighton (it didn't even make general for us first time round then got there last season) so I'm not entirely surprised by Derby's following down there, though perhaps should have been more in August.  A cold night on a Tuesday in February would be a tough ask. 

Brightons a long way to go dan!

We only took so many as it was so important

Sold out over 2k both times we've been to the AMEX.

1,000 for a seaside away in August is absolutely diabolical for a club of their supposed size. We'd have sold it out with ease.

That's quite a poor attendance on our behalf.

Just goes to show how many people jumped on the bandwagon for Forest & Watford games.

Laughable really isn't it. No excuses other than being fairweather.

Very surprised by this.

With my missus being a Liverpool fan, we she comes with me to several Leicester away games, we try and do the occasional Liverpool game when it's convenient. 

As a non STH I looked at this game and thought 'Saturday 3pm at Derby?  No chance of general sale' so decided to go for Liverpool vs Stoke tickets (it'll be a thriller, mark my words).  Ah well!  I've been four times and my record's got gradually worse there so maybe it's for the best. 

I think the new stadium buzz has vanished from Brighton (it didn't even make general for us first time round then got there last season) so I'm not entirely surprised by Derby's following down there, though perhaps should have been more in August.  A cold night on a Tuesday in February would be a tough ask. 

I disagree about the new stadium - it's the location. We sell Blackpool out every time and we always end up there in February, I'd imagine it'll be the same for Brighton.

I bet we still manage 2k at Brighton this year.

We have the 3rd best away support in this league. Last season we finished 4th in the averages but we ended up there because thousands of Florist fans jumped in the billy bandwagon. We took double what they did to Birmingham and in general took better figures more or less everywhere than them for the majority of last season. 

But what i do not understand is how the Derby fixture has never really sold out away. Yet we can take numbers like 3,600 to Brum, 8,000 to forest and over 2,000 to much longer trips. 

For a fixture that is still supposedly a "derby" it is rather strange. 

my housemate is a Derby fan and he is saying that this season Derby fans have been able to get tickets in the same stand as the away fans which creates a better atmosphere but for this fixture, along with Forest the fans who have tickets here they will now be dispersed around the ground which is a shame, were going to out sing them even more now though. My mate is very confident about Derby winning too  :ph34r:

We have the 3rd best away support in this league. Last season we finished 4th in the averages but we ended up there because thousands of Florist fans jumped in the billy bandwagon. We took double what they did to Birmingham and in general took better figures more or less everywhere than them for the majority of last season. 

But what i do not understand is how the Derby fixture has never really sold out away. Yet we can take numbers like 3,600 to Brum, 8,000 to forest and over 2,000 to much longer trips. 

For a fixture that is still supposedly a "derby" it is rather strange. 

I do find it a bit bizarre that we'll take 4k to places like Birmingham, Sheff Weds etc... but will take what, 2,500 to this? Bit strange although I'm not being funny, I put it down to how poor Sunday was. If we'd have won that in style I honestly think we'd have about 4k go to this.

Selling 2.5k of proper loud support is better than 4k with half of them as fair weatherers. Anyone know how far back row H is? Hoping to stand and not be told to sitting down by an angry woman as I was last time despite everyone else in the stand being on their feet. 

I'm Row H as well.

I'm not one for getting into the attendance debate, but would I like to see us take 4000? Yeah! But being realistic, I know football isn't everyone's priorities nowadays, because of the pricing. People would much rather spend their money on a more productive item (if you like).

Don't care if we're taking 2500 or 500, it's an away game, and I love them!

Archived