Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
newbie123

Derby away

will everyone be standing for this or will the front rows be sittings???

i remember brighton away last year and although you can not knock their support it was full of old people doing day trips down there and going round the beach.

Row U is the back row, or at least second to back as thats where i was when we won 1-0 and i still have the stub.

Last year i was row B, which is the second row from the front of the second tier, this year im row GG and believe that will be the last few rows of the first tier.

I say tiers but its hardly a tier at all, just a gap where steps are etc.

I'm on Row X which I seem to remember as the back row when I was on it in 2010. Whatever the case U is more than far enough back to be safe from sitters; though I remember a chap who was getting irate because the person in front of him at the 2010 game was stood up (as was everyone else in that part of the stand, crazy.)

One random question for you all, how do you guys manage to get to so many away games with work etc? Surely some of you must work Saturdays? Random I know

Got mine last Thursday hoping for a better performance than last time

Easy since I started supporting City I have buried 8 grandma's and 10 grandad's

Picked 3 up today and got told they'd had another allocation given them earlier in the day.

yes but if it said there was 14 left is perhaps meant out of a block of say 100 tickets they'd put up for online sale. If that figure goes down to 0 I'd bet tomorrow there'll be another 100 released from the remaining allocation for online sale alone

The Standing Order is one to note down, go in there every away day decent place. Though Derby is that typical away day where nearly every pub says "home fans only" what in my opinion is a case discrimination! anyone agree.

I think it is a bit discriminatory but it isn't too much to ask people to behave sensibly and that means not acting in a way that aggravates others. You can easily 'stop' being an away fan by taking off your scarf and talking quietly in the corner. But yeah, an outright ban is a bit improper IMO.

I think it is a bit discriminatory but it isn't too much to ask people to behave sensibly and that means not acting in a way that aggravates others. You can easily 'stop' being an away fan by taking off your scarf and talking quietly in the corner. But yeah, an outright ban is a bit improper IMO.

Or don't wear colours full stop.

It's always nice to have a sing song in an away pub only. I have no problem in that whatsoever

Is there any pubs in the city centre of leicester that says home fans only?  You can understand it near the ground, but in the city centre. No for me treating all away fans like hooligans is disgusting. 

I've got to admit i never wear my colours in the city centre of an away game, on safety grounds plus to avoid abuse and as you say so i can go in any pub i want.

It's always nice to have a sing song in an away pub only. I have no problem in that whatsoever

Though it can get funny when sometimes when the leicester fans attempt to sing in a wetherspoons as such. I recall a few leicester fans tempting it in the wetherspoons in leicester square a few years ago, only for the manager to tell us to shut up. A few seconds later the police stroll in, yet no leicester fan was causing any harm!

In theory that means every pub could ban away fans. I know that's an extreme but realistically you could have a situation where it's difficult to find a pub that caters for you. I've no problem with an a pub setting itself out as away/home but to ban someone completely is discrimination. If they misbehave then fine, chuck 'em out, but I wouldn't stop someone who just wants to have a drink before the game.

Is there any pubs in the city centre of leicester that says home fans only?  You can understand it near the ground, but in the city centre. No for me treating all away fans like hooligans is disgusting. 

I've got to admit i never wear my colours in the city centre of an away game, on safety grounds plus to avoid abuse and as you say so i can go in any pub i want.

I don't drink so I wouldn't know. Never heard of an 'away fans only' pub either but yeah again, I don't really visit pubs so I'm not really that aware of that sort of thing.

Archived