Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Konchesky on his way out?

It would be good to get another high earner off the wage bill.  As others have said, Paul has made a good contribution to Leicester City and is a top professional.  The switch to a 3-5-2 formation does him no favours and I'd be more than happy for Zoom/Jeff/Dyer to cover the LWB position.  We need to spend some of his wages on a quality LCB.

I think he's a good player and he's served us well, but he's on big money and if we can offload we should.

Out of contract next year too surely? Weren't most of the Sven signings on contracts until 2014? I think a lot of players will move out next summer which will be good for the club.

Indeed, he and others are.

Contracted to circa June 2014
Zak Whitbread - 24/07/12 - OS
Wes Morgan - 30/01/12 - OS
Paul Konchesky - 13/07/11
David Nugent - 05/07/11
Sean St Ledger - 04/07/11
Kasper Schmeichel - 28/06/11
Neil Danns - 27/06/11
Richie Wellens - 07/07/09 contract extended 18/03/11
Adam Smith - 17/03/11
Lloyd Dyer - 01/07/2008
Martin Waghorn - 31/08/10 - rising to £3m

I would expect a good few of those to move on.

I think this would be a move that suits all party's although I definitely think we'd be taking a risk relying on Bakayogo and Schlupp - but I don't think he justifies his wage. Shame as he's one of the few Sven signings who's always seemed like a grafter. Can't knock his work rate but his legs are going and we want him to play a role that requires a LOT of energy.

Archived