Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Konchesky on his way out?

Had a great career, played for England as well as some big clubs and scored in an FA Cup final. One of Sven's better signings, a good professional. Sadly though, he's coming to the end of his career and I doubt he has the legs and pace to play left wing back every game.

That said, I think he's more solid than playing Schlupp and especially Dver left wing back. Can't speak about Zoom having never seen him play, but I didn't like hearing people saying he isn't convincing defensively. 

Will be a bit concerned about our left side until I get a good look at Zoom. But financially it makes sense, he's been a great servant to the club during his time here. Would like to think he would get a great reception when we play them. If it happens of course. 

He's been a decent player for us, nothing special, hopefully Bakayogo will be a more then adequate replacement, I wouldn't even mind seeing Schlupp there instead of Konch, but you can never fault his effort he gave it everything he could whenever he's played.

Given the financial ramifications, a wise move for all parties included.

Konchesky has been a solid defender for us, but his age is showing - at 32, he's not quick enough anymore.

But he still reads the game fairly well and is a very good asset to any club who can afford experienced back-up players, such as QPR.

Should the move actually be completed, I'd like to thank Paul for his services to this club and all the effort he put in.

In times of turmoil and erratic performances, he was one of the few who always put in steady shifts on a regular basis.

He's great on the ball and at times his experience does show - but to be brutally honest at his age he can't hack it any more in a league with a number of very quick wingers. He could still do a job for a team that isn't shooting for promotion though

One of the highest earners so will go if deal can be agreed. We're looking at bringing a few in on loan so this will be more likely if he goes

Interesting Albert..I've started looking in the sweet shop for possible loan targets. For anyone who wants a link, here it is..

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/Reserves.aspx?section=Profiles

We almost definitely need another left back/left wing back then. Bakayogo better be decent or we're fcuked.

We can't ever play Schlupp there and I wouldn't want to play Dyer there, his main asset is his pace that scares opposition defences, be wasted at wing back. Added to the fact he'd be knackered 20 minutes into every game.

Konch is one of the very few experienced members of the squad too, wouldn't be keen on letting him go without an older head coming in to sure things up if he were ever needed.

Would love this to happen but could just be lazy journalism, regurgitating old news and using Harry's fondness of English has-beens.

I though they were sorted for their left back spot after Armand Traore didn't move to some Russian club as expected, and they still have a few players who can play there in Suk Young Yun and Luke Young.

Shame Everton's Stones is a right-back, would've loved to have him on loan.

Could this mean Michael Keane is coming back?

We could always shift Moore out to the side to play left-back, although I reckon it's not his most favourite position.

I quite like Konch but is legs arent doing him justice anymore. If you could mix Konch's ability with Schlupps pace, we would be laughing. If it helps with the wage situation, then I hope the deal happens.

Actually - if he hasn't handed in a transfer request, we will still have to fork out for some sort of settlement will we not? Or will QPR simply take on his contract? Surely they're not going to pay him what we are?

Actually - if he hasn't handed in a transfer request, we will still have to fork out for some sort of settlement will we not? Or will QPR simply take on his contract? Surely they're not going to pay him what we are?

They can afford it because of FFP payments.

I take it (if he does go) that he'll be leaving on a free? Surely the club won't risk demanding a small fee and potentially putting QPR off?

It seems to me that they're the ones pursuing him, not us trying to offload him so if it's true, they would have made some kind of offer. It could well be a free transfer due to his high wages but I doubt it

He'll go with my best if he does. Been a consistently decent player for us in his time here and it would make financial sense as others have stated.

I'll remember That goal at Wolves for a long time, was an absolute beauty!

I've slated him recently, his legs seem to be going and his decision making and delivery of crosses aren't up to scratch. But I do appreciate what he's done for the club in the seasons he's been here, solid player and a good professional. 

Time is right though to move on for everyone I think. 

He'll go with my best if he does. Been a consistently decent player for us in his time here and it would make financial sense as others have stated.

I'll remember That goal at Wolves for a long time, was an absolute beauty!

:thumbup:

Archived